Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 8 Jun 22, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneydavey
slightly serious Dibber

Lots more Dogs in the Parks (Observation)

Whilst I get the need for service dogs etc, there seemed to be a lot more dogs in the parks than Id ever seen. not dogs you'd think of as being service dogs like Chihuahas or little fluffy dogs.

When I think service Dog Im thinking Labrador etc.

Where do the dogs go when people are riding?
Old 8 Jun 22, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Coffeedrinker
Getting Excited

Noticed this myself, And where to the dogs go when the dogs need to go?
2022: Port Orleans French Quarter
2023: Port Orleans French Quarter (October!}
Coffeedrinker is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 22, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

I also noticed this last month. I saw many, in particular I remember two tiny things in Animal Kingdom that looked flat out exhausted in the heat and were collapsed on the ground, until their leads were tugged and they were dragged along.
Claudette is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 22, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Yeah hated seeing them
I’m the parks
Too hot! Too busy
Old 8 Jun 22, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneydavey
slightly serious Dibber

Im probably sounding like a bit of a n**head like but they certainly didnt look equipped to be service dogs, especially the tiny ones who were being carried.

I get the companion/support type for anxiety but this seemed a bit suss.
Old 8 Jun 22, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
SamH88
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Disneydavey View Post
Where do the dogs go when people are riding?
I’m sure most of them don’t do this but saw a video on instagram a while back of someone who brought their golden retriever service dog on some of the rides in Disneyland! Obviously not the big rides.

Im probably sounding like a bit of a n**head like but they certainly didnt look equipped to be service dogs, especially the tiny ones who were being carried.

Not saying any of the people you saw were doing it but there has definitely been an increase in people claiming their pets are emotional support animals because it means they can take them places. There’s an Irish influencer who lives in NY who brought her labradoodle on an Aer Lingus flight home to Ireland and had him in the seat in the cabin because he was “an emotional support animal”, when clearly he isn’t because she goes on lots of other flights without him.

Edited at 03:27 PM.
SamH88 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 22, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

It certainly felt like some rules were being bended to me. A lot of the dogs I saw were more like fashion accessories.
Claudette is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 22, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
RockTheDots
slightly serious Dibber

RockTheDots's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
It certainly felt like some rules were being bended to me. A lot of the dogs I saw were more like fashion accessories.
Definitely! In Galaxy's Edge we saw a couple with a small Chihuahua in a push-chair and the poor thing had so many different head accessories. Grogu ears, a Darth Vadar mask, Mickey ears etc. When Darth Vadar came out on the stage they put the Grogu headband on it and were holding it up to the stage to try and capture the attention of Darth, when that didn't work they switched and put the Darth Vadar mask on it instead. Eventually they got the attention they were after (the woman was filming while the husband held up the dog) so then walked off. I felt quite sorry for the little dog.
Disneyland: 2022 (Trip report: LA & Aulani), 2023
DCL: Magic x2, Dream, Wish (booked for 2024!), Fantasy and Wonder (booked for 2025!)

Edited at 03:56 PM.
RockTheDots is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 22, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Scammers. These are the ones who have also often fake disability for DAS and will book fake dining reservations to get free parking at hotels instead of paying. They’ll also visit hotels and sit around the pools without staying on property.
You know the types- all take.
Old 8 Jun 22, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Mobile

When I saw the thread title I thought you were insulting women 😂😂
maidmarian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List