Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 19 Jun 22, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
scottish mama
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by porridge View Post
Dollywood is amazing. It has all sorts of rides - rollercoasters including a winged coaster, and wooden coaster. Lots of family rides too. Water rides. It’s nicely themed, and there are little wooden shops/stands with crafts people making and selling crafts. There are quite a few shows too (our favourite is Dreamland Drive In), and also a proper steam train
Next door is a big water park, with decent slides. We went in 2014 and I’m desperate to go back!

Of course it is right near the Smokey mountains, which are beautiful. Dollywood is located in pigeon forge, which is kind of like international drive in Orlando, but a bit nicer in my opinion. There are are lots of other attractions nearby, like many mini golf courses, evening shows, alpine coasters, arcades etc. we stay in the next town along, Gatlinburg, as that is actually in the mountains. Parking in gatlinburg is expensive if you don’t stay there, whereas pigeon forge it was free (unless they charge now). It’s an awesome place to visit. If you go, check out ClimBworks zip lining, near gatlinburg.
We can’t wait! Have been to the Smokies once before and loved it hence we’re returning, but we do need our rollercoaster fix as we’re not doing Orlando/ Busch Gardens. We’ve got the 3 day ticket as we want to take our time and do absolutely everything, and I need to use a wheelchair (though will get a scooter one day to see just how hill the park is).
We’re staying in PF as that was where BA offered us- would have preferred Gatlinburg but hey, we’re there!
scottish mama is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 22, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
scottish mama
VIP Dibber

Oh, forgot to say I managed to finally get the tickets. It was because I was trying to order the EVC at the same time, so I had to take that out of my cart and book it separately.

Also, I had to cut my postcode down to just the first half, and not add the 44 on my phone number. Am sure I sound a complete noob to everyone for not knowing this in first place
scottish mama is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 22, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
disneywiseowl
VIP Dibber

disneywiseowl's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I’ve been to Dollywood twice but it was a few years ago. I used a manual wheelchair & my family took it in turns to push me - sometimes it took 2 adults when going uphill. I think the worst part was going up the right hand side of the park, Past the wolves - towards Wild Eagle (my fav ride there).

Also fondly remember the cinnamon bread from the Grist Mill - ask for extra icing!

Loved Dollywood - it reminded me of Frontierland in the early 90s.

Also loved the Hatfield & McCoy dinner show in Pigeon Forge. Good food & terrific dancing.

Also recommend the Christmas shop in Pigeon Forge.

I’ll stop now……….
disneywiseowl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 22, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneyfreaks
Imagineer

I asked DH bout this as we’re visiting Dollywood during our road trip in August - he said it took about 4 attempts to book our tickets but eventually it worked. We’re staying at the DreaMores resort too, I’m so excited !

DH & DS really looking forward to the alpine coaster, can you just turn up & do that or do we need to prebook ? (I shall hold the bags at ground level)! 😂😂
Disneyfreaks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 22, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
scottish mama
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by disneywiseowl View Post
I’ve been to Dollywood twice but it was a few years ago. I used a manual wheelchair & my family took it in turns to push me - sometimes it took 2 adults when going uphill. I think the worst part was going up the right hand side of the park, Past the wolves - towards Wild Eagle (my fav ride there).

Also fondly remember the cinnamon bread from the Grist Mill - ask for extra icing!

Loved Dollywood - it reminded me of Frontierland in the early 90s.

Also loved the Hatfield & McCoy dinner show in Pigeon Forge. Good food & terrific dancing.

Also recommend the Christmas shop in Pigeon Forge.

I’ll stop now……….
Thanks for advice re wheelchair. This is why I want to hire one first day, so we can get as much done as possible, the take it at a more leisurely pace the other couple of days. We can work out which rides we want to return to and which routes to take. Plus it give them a break as they’ll have been pushing me round NYC for 4 days prior to this.
And we’ll definitely be in the Christmas shop!
Old 20 Jun 22, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
scottish mama
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Disneyfreaks View Post
I asked DH bout this as we’re visiting Dollywood during our road trip in August - he said it took about 4 attempts to book our tickets but eventually it worked. We’re staying at the DreaMores resort too, I’m so excited !

DH & DS really looking forward to the alpine coaster, can you just turn up & do that or do we need to prebook ? (I shall hold the bags at ground level)! 😂😂
Yo can just turn up for the coaster but I think it’s on Groupon at the moment. We got 2 rides each for price of 1 on Groupon (or about that) last time, and you can either do the second one straight away or go back later in the evening, which is what we did, and they have the ride all lit up which was pretty amazing. It’s brilliant, we went so fast on our ride- you literally hurtle down the hillside at 27mph!