Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 27 Jun 22, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post

Velocicoaster…..

Is it that bad? Do they have a chicken exit?!

Booked universal for March and really I’m a bit of a scaredy cat, but DH said I have to go on it as I made him go on tea cups at WDW in May (not sure the two compare really lolll).

Any scaredy cat tips?!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 22, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Pascaltimon
Excited about Disney

I didn’t ride it a couple of weeks ago my husband did. He said it was the most intense of all the coasters and he did them all, not because the track is particularly scary but it’s the airtime due to the restraint. Normally he is a hands in the air kind of guy but this was a hold on tight coaster. He said the corkscrew over the water he saw his life flash before his eyes as he was convinced he was coming out of it.

He did add it was a absolute Adrenaline rush and he would ride again in a heartbeat
Pascaltimon is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 22, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandobelle
VIP Dibber

Orlandobelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Originally Posted by Pascaltimon View Post
I didn’t ride it a couple of weeks ago my husband did. He said it was the most intense of all the coasters and he did them all, not because the track is particularly scary but it’s the airtime due to the restraint. Normally he is a hands in the air kind of guy but this was a hold on tight coaster. He said the corkscrew over the water he saw his life flash before his eyes as he was convinced he was coming out of it.

He did add it was a absolute Adrenaline rush and he would ride again in a heartbeat
I can relate perfectly to this 😅 The first time the ride vehicle twisted up towards the top hat and felt like it almost stalled at the top was terrifying and amazing. That mosasaurus roll over the water is 'special' !
What I will say is that the more I rode it, the more I loved it. 😍
Orlandobelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 22, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Troyston
Trying for More Ears

Did it Feb and agree with the above. Such a smooth coaster. Me and my 12 yr old did it front, middle and back rows. It's not so much the intensity of it, it is the amount of ejector airtime you get with the lap restraint!
However on our 3rd and last go which was the front row I managed all the way around with arms in the air! Such an adrenaline rush and by far the best coaster I've ever been on!
Can't wait to ride it again in August!
Troyston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 22, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Andysaurus
Apprentice Imagineer

Haven't had the chance to ride it myself yet but other than the speed, it looks fairly tame in videos. I'm not a big coaster kind of guy but I'd ride this no problem.
Andysaurus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 22, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

it is intense, i swore the first time and held on but i can now ride it with arms up (or down when upside down) the whole ride.
Old 27 Jun 22, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Tillyfloss
Imagineer

One of the best coasters in my opinion.
The ride, the back story and even the queuing system which allows you to keep your phone, drinks and personal items until late on.
Looking forward to it becoming an express pass option.
Tillyfloss is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 22, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

These are my favourite coasters where it feels like you are going to fall out. I suppose bit like a drug addict, you are always looking for something better all the time. The challenge is to keep your hands in the air at all times, really does take some doing as instincts are to hold on for dear life.
MarkUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 22, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
mandevillepete
Apprentice Imagineer

I rode it in January. Hated every second. Everyone else loved it though.
Old 27 Jun 22, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

My DS did it as a single rider 2 weeks ago and the 1st thing he said when he got off was he was so pleased I decided not to go on as he didn’t think I could have coped. (I have been on all the big rides with him over the years). I was going to go on but as we approached the entrance one of the cars went passed and I totally bottled it. He said his bum was hardly in the seat as he was mainly floating off due to the gravitational pull of the twists and turns and inversions. He did also say it was the smoothest and best coaster he has been on and would do it again 😎

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List