Old 19 Nov 18, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by collybird View Post
I really wish they'd introduce a system at character meals similar to the coasters at WCC where you can show you don't want to meet the characters and are happy just to watch!

Thank you so much for reading along and all yours comments. We've cross-posted my future plans, definitely no DxDP next year, and probably never again
So I see! I posted before your final thoughts. It’s interesting that you’ve gone the other way now. I suspect you’ll end up upgrading . I know what you mean about the freedom of DxDDP and it’s always what’s attracted us but I can’t see us ever doing it as the 3 courses would be too much.

We might end up seeing you at All Stars depending how things go for us this year!

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 18, 11:36 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
So I see! I posted before your final thoughts. It’s interesting that you’ve gone the other way now. I suspect you’ll end up upgrading . I know what you mean about the freedom of DxDDP and it’s always what’s attracted us but I can’t see us ever doing it as the 3 courses would be too much.

We might end up seeing you at All Stars depending how things go for us this year!
Have you still had no joy with securing OKW?

Keeping my fingers crossed for you. Nik would love to stay in a studio again, but I'm completely at peace with All-Stars.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 18, 12:23 AM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Ooh so no DxDp and not that many ADRs for you next year (maybe...)- that'll be a change!

Offsite we like Olive Garden and Bahama Breeze, not very original I know as lots of people reccomend them! You should also check out the places at Citywalk for sure.

That last meal at Outback looked really good, it's been on my list to try!

Edited at 09:56 AM.
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 18, 12:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

I've really enjoyed reading your report. Big changes for your next trip, it's interesting you've gone completely the other way to the QSDP.

Offsite we like Olive Garden, Chilis, Sweet Tomatoes, Millers and Outback. I also like California Pizza Kitchen although in Orlando I think the only one is at Mall at Millenia. I quite like Dennys for breakfast too. It's worth signing up on all the websites just before you leave as you normally get sent some good vouchers that way
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 18, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Mobile

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Have you still had no joy with securing OKW?

Keeping my fingers crossed for you. Nik would love to stay in a studio again, but I'm completely at peace with All-Stars.
No we’ve managed to change to OKW but finances might mean we have to compromise on accommodation. That’s why I haven’t changed my countdown yet.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 18, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
wilma-bride
Imagineer

wilma-bride's Reviews
Thanks for finishing up and being so honest throughout your reviews. It will be interesting to see how your next trip compares to this one (and previous) food-wise. I think the Quick Service dining plan is a great option, there are so many options now and not just burgers, hot dogs and nuggets.

Good luck and enjoy planning the next trip - and if you want any hints and tips on the best offsite places, feel free to ask
wilma-bride is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 18, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamer81
Imagineer

DisneyDreamer81's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Loved reading this, as ever! Your dining reports are my favourites!
2015 - Disneymoon! Caribbean Beach Resort & Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress
2017 - Yacht Club & Disney Dream
DisneyDreamer81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 18, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Enjoyed your reviews and photos.
I'm sure you will love more offsite eating. The all stars are so close to 192, you can cut down Sherbeth road and be there in 5 mins. We have stayed at All star movies twice when DD was small.
I'd recommend Ihop and Bob evans for breakfast nearby, plus there are lots of the usual chains like olive garden and longhorn just further down at rolling oaks.
We have done ddp, dxddp and then offsite budget $100 a day. We honestly enjoy them all.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 18, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
DollyDimples
Getting Excited

Thank you for taking the time to do your report. It has been really useful on helping me pick a few must does and probably don't does in advance of our first DDP trip next year.
DollyDimples is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 18, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
timnlaura
slightly serious Dibber

I love reading your reports, partly as i dream of doing the deluxe DP. we all love signatures, but now that my girls are Disney Adults, i would reallygrudge the money. Only 6 years and we can leave them at home lol.

Next year is the our first DVC stay so we dont have the DDP, but may still add it on for a few nights. I like the prepaying of it, but do also like the idea of eating off site again!

SO much to choose from either way! xxx
timnlaura is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List