10:50 – 11:50am - Meet Anna & Elsa with a visiting Princess at Fairytale Hall
1:25 – 2:25pm – Enchanted Tales with Belle
2:25 – 3:25pm – Peter Pan’s Flight

ADR’s:

FP Lunch reservation 12:10 – 12:40pm at Be Our Guest
Tomorrowland Terrace Desert Party – 9:00pm

Reservations:
Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique – 9.30am

I’m getting better! Another 30 odd minutes more in bed than yesterday. It’s about 5:30am & my arm is sore. Thanks to the sand paper floor at Typhoon Lagoon yesturday.
Excited today as we will surprise Imogen with a Disney Store Elsa dress. That I’ve had squirreled away since February. I didn’t want to risk turning up to Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique in the hope they have them. It’s a good job I did buy in advance in the UK. As these things are like rocking horse poop! Can’t be found anywhere in Disney World. They were going for twice the price I paid for it on eBay.

I had to wake Imogen & Deb up at 6:30 to give us enough time to get ready & be at Magic Kingdom for the opening ceremony. We told Imogen we had a surprise for her. She smiled & got excited, sitting on the sofa with her hands out & eyes closed. I brought out the dress & got her to open her eyes. She was over the moon & couldn’t wait to get it on „I love you for this“. It was a little long in the sleeves but that was fine as it would last longer.

Once we’d breakfasted & sun creamed up. We set out on our way. We brought a t-shirt for her to change into later & under the dress she had her shorts on. As I knew she wouldn’t keep it on all day. We arrived at the gate in good time & got a space to watch. Imogen was getting lots of comments already & you could see people looking at the dress. The weather was hot already at this point & despite us standing in the shade the shine of wearing an Elsa dress was wearing off with Imogen. We could tell she wanted to take it off already. We made her keep it on a little longer as we knew as soon as she was in the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique all that would disappear & she’d love it again.

The opening ceremony was great & Imogen enjoyed waving. I love the mayor, he’s brilliant. It was our first time seeing talking & blinking Mickey. Which I thought was cool. We had a FP+ to meet him later in the holiday. Imogen was all about Stitch though. The gates opened & we squashed in with the crowds. Whilst everyone charged on to get to Anna & Elsa we took our time to make our way to the castle. Doing a bit of retail therapy in the Emporium on the way up. Deb bought some new pins ($43.46) & so did Imogen (£23.33). Both of them bought an Olaf pin.

We checked in at the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique. Imogen was given a special invitation with her name on welcoming her to the BBB. We sat on the sofa to wait our turn. She's already looking a bit tired.

I had booked the Courtyard package ($94.95 + tax) which included, hairstyling, shimmering make up & face gems, Princess Sash & tote bag, Nail Polish, Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique T-Shirt & a trendy Tutu.

Whilst we waited they brought out the Tote bag with Imogen’s t-shirt & tutu in it. We checked the size of the T-shirt to be sure. It looked a little small for Imogen so we got it changed for a larger one, which was no problem. We wanted to make sure it would last.

The inside of BBB is lovely. It’s so sweet seeing all the little girls being treated like princesses getting their hair & make up done. Whilst we waited two different parents asked where we had got Imogen’s dress from. Their faces falling when I told them I brought from the UK. Imogen was called through by her Fairy Godmother in training Maria.

She was lovely. I think Imogen struggled to understand her accent though. She looked a little nervous at first but she soon relaxed & got into it.

We let Imogen choose which hair style she wanted. She went for the Pop Princess with blue hair pieces to go with her Elsa look.
The Photopass photography was brilliant too. Nice & friendly & got some cracking pictures of her. Another CM called Faith came over to do her nails in blue. Faith also did her blue eye shadow.

Imogen chose a snowflake face gem. They placed her sash over her head & to finish off Maria sprinkled some fairy dust over her.

All the remaining nail varnish, make up, face gems & comb were given to us to take away. Along with a bunch of stickers. A fantastic experience & one of my highlights of the holiday. I get misty eyed watching back the videos we took. Great memories! ($101.13)

Some pictures of the sash & Tutu

May 2014-Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa (DD first time). Trip Report Index
August 2015 - Disney's Seqouia Lodge DLP. Trip Report Index
Saving for August 2019 - Port Orleans French Quarter & DCL 3 Night Bahama's Cruise

Edited at 06:58 PM.
muggle3000 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 14, 06:58 AM  
Link to this Post
muggle3000
slightly serious Dibber

We went straight across the path to get Imogen to have a photo shoot. The Photopass photograph seemed a bit of a grump, but she knew how to use the camera & got some beautiful pictures of Imogen.
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Imogen was still on a bit of high & didn’t mention about getting the dress off. I didn’t want to push it or keep her out in the heat. I managed to get a FP+ to meet Anna & Elsa, but we had a bit of time to kill before then. So I thought it best we do some indoor rides with AC. First we did it’s a Smallword.
[IMG][/IMG]

Imogen enjoyed it, trying to guess each country we were sailing past. The song didn’t stick in my subconscious which was good. This was followed by Mickey’s PhilarMagic. This was a new one for Deb & me. After A Bugs Life Imogen was a little anxious about it. However we all came out having enjoyed it.

It was now time for our Anna & Elsa meet. I managed to book this as soon as they became available on MDE. I thought it would be great for Imogen to meet them after having her BBB session & wearing her Elsa dress. I didn’t take note of the standby line, but I expect it was pretty long. We walked on through the FP line & probably waited about 10minutes before going through to the meet room. The visiting princess at the time was Aurora.

The family in front were having a great meet. Anna & Elsa were really friendly. Anna was defiantly more playful. Anna told a joke to everyone in the room. Which went like this:
Anna: Knock Knock
Us: Who’s there?
Anna: You
Us: You who?
Anna: Big summer blowout!

You need to have watched Frozen to get that one. We all laughed, it was a pretty good joke. The excited atmosphere in the room probably helped too. Anna & Else were great with Imogen.
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

I love the way the characters come over to us & take Imogen by the hand to lead them over.
[IMG][/IMG]

They both asked Imogen her about her dress & make up. It was great & we got some lovely Photopass pictures.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Aurora was also very nice. Must be tough playing second fiddle to the two huge stars who get all the attention.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
The meet & great was enjoyable but I don’t think I would wait hours to do it.
May 2014-Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa (DD first time). Trip Report Index
Saving for August 2019 - Port Orleans French Quarter & DCL 3 Night Bahama's Cruise
muggle3000 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 14, 06:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Loulabelle18
slightly serious Dibber

Love the look on Imogens face in the hand mirror!
Loulabelle18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 14, 07:03 AM  
Link to this Post
muggle3000
slightly serious Dibber

Imogen wanted to take her dress off pretty much straight after coming out of the Anna & Elsa meet. I was a bit disappointed after all the effort of buying it for her & bringing out with us, but it was very hot. We made our way to the front of the park. Deb took Imogen to the toilets next to City Hall to change into her BBB T-shirt & Tutu. She was noticeably happier when she came out. Pluto & Maria were doing meet & greets in the centre bit. So I went on to sort the locker out whilst they queued up to meet Maria. I got back just in time to see them having their turn.

It was just after midday now so we left meeting Pluto & made our way up to Be Our Guest for our lunch FP reservation. The queue for standby lunch was massive. All standing in the sun. The CM’s had some umbrellas that were being shared out. They also has some iced water stations for people to use. Very considerate. We went to the little booth to check in & were allowed to go through.

I had ordered our meals through the FP website. However when we got to the pay point they couldn’t find the order so we had to go through it all again. We were then given a plastic rose thing & were allowed into the rooms to find a table.

The rooms were beautifully themed & there were spaces in all the rooms. I wanted to sit in the main ballroom, but Imogen wanted to sit in the West Wing dark room with the rose. Every now & then there was some lightening & thunder. The ripped picture of the prince on the wall would quickly change into a picture of the beast. All very nice, but not really a place for a family with young children to sit & eat.

Imogen was regretting choosing this room & wanted to change to another room. As we were about to move a CM with a trolley came with our food. Too late! Deb & me both had the Croque Monsieur which was very nice. Imogen had Grilled Cheese with Tomato soup & a side of pomme frites. She didn’t like the soup though so I had a go at it. Deb had the Lemon Meringue Cupcake & Imogen & me both had the Triple Chocolate Cupcake. A chocolate milk for Imogen, Deb had a Coca-Cola & I had a Sprite. ($53.27).

We headed out of Be Our Guest after getting a few photos of the interior.

We had a bit of time before our FP window opened for Enchanted tales with Belle. So we went & queued up for Goofy’s Barnstormer. I don’t think in our past visits we ever bothered with this ride. We queued about 25 minutes & it was really hot. For a ride that lasted about 25 seconds! Even Imogen looked around at me in a way that said „was that it!“ Still she enjoy the few seconds it lasted. I don’t think we’ll bother with that one again though unless it’s a walk on. We made our way over to Enchanted tales with Belle to use our FP.

Edited at 08:58 AM.
Old 14 Jul 14, 07:11 AM  
Link to this Post
muggle3000
slightly serious Dibber

Whilst in Fantasyland near the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train you could hear the music playing & every now & then we would see the train whiz past with people on it. It was great to see it the flesh as I had been keeping a close eye on the progress hoping for it to be open. Now it was seven days until it officially opened. I had some FP+‘s booked in for the 30th & 31st of May.
[IMG][/IMG]

So I knew we would ride it later in the holiday. As we saw people on it we thought they might be doing some soft openings. So we went to the entrance to find out. Turns out it was testing with CM’s only. Oh well. On the sign at the entrance it said Opening May 28th.

Once we arrived at Enchanted Tales with Belle we needed to wait about 10 minutes before we were let into Maurice‘s cottage. The way the magic mirror opened up to reveal the door was brilliant. I was trying to figure out how it was done. I still have no idea, that’s part of the magic I suppose. Into the first room with the talking wardrobe. Deb got picked as one of the suits of armour.

Imogen got picked to play Maurice & was given some iron bars to hold (not real iron bars, just a cardboard representation).

I was at the back of the room filming so didn’t get picked.

Lumiere is the best animatronic figure I’ve seen, how they get it all to work in such a small thing. Must be a great job being an imagineer. Then Belle came out in her ball gown & the story began.
Imogen & Deb did very well, acting out their parts.

At the end everyone got to meet with Belle & get pictures. The children were given little bookmarks too.

A magical experience.

When we came I wanted to go & check out Gaston’s Tavern. I wanted a photo by the fountain but I also wanted to get a Lefou Stein ($10.64). Lefou’s brew slushie was lovely!
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

At first Imogen didn’t want to try it, when she did try she loved it & after that I didn‘t get much of a look in at it. Once it was all gone we had a toilet break whilst I washed the cup out for keeping. Using up our last pre-booked FP+ of the day we went onto Peter Pan’s Flight. Imogen enjoyed it. When we came out we went over to the FP Kiosk to get FP number 4. We went for Dumbo, the FP window was opening almost straight away. So we went straight over to ride. Deb & Imogen went in the Dumbo behind me so I could get some good footage on the camera. Imogen loved it as she finally had the up & down control. The only problem with the FP is that you miss out the new queuing area. Mental note to come back & ride again but this time wait in the queue. After the ride we went straight back over to the FP kiosk for FP number 5. This time we went for the Under the Sea Journey of the Little Mermaid. The time slot was about two hours away this time. The queue time for The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh wasn’t too bad so we went on that. Again Imogen enjoyed it, she laughed allot when we bounced along with Tigger.

It was feeling really hot now & I was getting worried about Imogen’s head. Her Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique hair style had exposed lots of her scalp. So I sprayed lots of sun cream on her head & tried to massage it into the exposed areas. Later on we put her baseball hat on her head. It looked a bit odd as the ponytail at the back didn’t fit through the back of the cap. So the cap just sort of sat on her head.
Old 14 Jul 14, 07:17 AM  
Link to this Post
muggle3000
slightly serious Dibber

I’d brought Imogen’s swimming costume, a travel towel & a large food bag to put the wet costume back in afterwards. So she could have a splash around at Casey Jr. Splash & Soak Station.

Whilst Imogen played in the water, I went on the hunt for something to cool Deb & me. I came back with two lemonade Slushies (lost the receipt but they were about $10 for both). They were very refreshing & really helped. We let Imogen cool down for about half an hour & then dried her off & got her changed. She didn’t want to wear her BBB skirt, so she put her shorts on instead.

We went off to queue to meet Merida. The queue line was partially exposed & we began to wilt in the heat. Luckily the end bit of the queue & the waiting area was in the shade. In the Merida meet area there is a large table with pictures & crayons for the kids to use whilst we waited.

Imogen got stuck in & began colouring a picture. Merida was great, but I wasn‘t overly convinced she was Scottish! Love the bow & arrow pose.

Next we went over to Pete’s Silly Side show to meet Daisy & Minnie. Again line wasn’t too long. We met Daisy first & I asked her if Donald had taken her out recently. She shuck her head & mimed that he smelt! Funny! Either that or she though I smelt.

Minnie was standing in front of her trained dogs. Imogen asked her if she’d trained them herself, she nodded.

We were heading off back into Tomorrowland to have a go on the Astro Orbiter. I spotted a stall selling the Dumbo popcorn bucket. I’d seen this on The Disney Food Blog & knew we had to get one. They look great, although it isn’t the best shape to try & fit in the suitcase. Imogen thought it was great ($12.50).
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 14 Jul 14, 07:25 AM  
Link to this Post
muggle3000
slightly serious Dibber

About a minute after buying the popcorn we saw a CM walking along shouting out „Seven Dwarf Mine Train Soft Opening now on“! I looked at Deb, she looked at me. We both look at the Popcorn bucket. Doh! We ran around to the entrance of the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. On our way I emptied all the popcorn into another food back & stuffed it in the backpack. It just fitted. Deb had to hold onto Dumbo. We got around to the entrance just in time. We got in the queue, then a CM who looked more senior than the other CM’s counted down from 10 & closed the queue. We’d just made it. The queue area was nice with lots of large fans cooling us down. We chatted to other people around us. You could feel everyone’s excitement. It was fantastic.

The area is so well themed. We got to play on the touch screen gem sorting game. The noise of the water trickling past was a nice touch.

You match three gems to the storage box by where you stand. Once you match all three they tip down into the vault. Which was brilliant & worked perfectly. At one point a bar of soap floated along with the gems. When I tried to pick it up it shot off down the chute, bouncing of the sides & knocking all the gems everywhere. Imogen loved this game & would’ve stood there playing on it for ages.

There was also a musical thing. When you put your hand under one of the wooden animals a stream of water came out that made a sound. So by moving your hands about you could make music. The water fell into a trough with gems in it.

As we moved along the queue we came to the large vault door.

Next the door is a large brass key hanging on the wall.

Once in the vault there is another activity. There are a few barrels with gems in them. Reflecting off them & onto the ceiling is some light. When you spin the barrel & do it fast enough the reflection on the ceiling spins around & changes into a picture of one of the dwarfs.

An American guy next to us in the queue who we were speaking to, was just as excited as us & was tapping & poking everything. We came to one point in the queue that had large wooden beams on the side of the walls with large pretend nails in them . Think support beams for the mine. This guy poked & wiggled one of the nails until the point came off in his hand. I was stunned! He saw that I had seen him do it & he said „A nice memento for me“ & put it in his pocket. I couldn’t believe it. The ride wasn‘t even officially open & this guy was breaking it!

We eventually got to ride, I was in cart 8, Deb & Imogen was in cart 7. The CM told us the back was the best.

The ride was brilliant. I loved it. Imogen squealed at the drops in excitement. The dwarfs in the mine are simply stunning. Fantastic animatronics. You could hear people singing along at the Hi-Ho Hi-Ho song. I was on a massive buzz after. Speaking to Deb after she wasn’t that amazed by it. She thought the karts would wobble more on the bends. We think we queued for about 90 minutes. Which was the longest we waited on the entire holiday.

Edited at 09:05 PM.
Old 14 Jul 14, 07:27 AM  
Link to this Post
muggle3000
slightly serious Dibber

After all that standing our feet were aching & we were hungry. So we went over to Cosmic Ray‘s Starlight Cafe for some food & to sit in the air conditioning & relax for a bit. We still had a long time in the park. We had Chicken Nuggets & Fries to share with a bottle of Water & a Coke ($15.26). It was nice sitting & listening to Sonny Eclipse sing some songs.

Once we had recharged we headed back to Main Street to check what time we needed to arrive at the Desert Party. We stopped in the shop & bought some more pin badges (Deb $29.67 & me $9.54).

Our feet were still aching so we decided to have a sit down & relax on the Walt Disney World Railroad. Which is a nice way to see all the park. We did a whole lap & then headed back into Tomorrowland. I wanted to get Glow with the Show ears for us all. So we went in search of some & found a kart selling them ($74.99 for three). Deb & Imogen weren’t too impressed with them. I thought they were great.

With Glow with the show ears in hand we went to have another try at Monsters Inc Laugh Floor. This time we got. It was so funny. Really good. Some poor chap was trying to get a bit of shut eye but he was spotted & got picked on. Plus a woman who had her back pack on her front as she was sitting down. She got picked on too, according to the monster she was wearing her backpack the wrong way around as she had lost the instructions for it.

It was getting close to the start of the Tomorrowland Terrace Desert Party.

Edited at 09:02 AM.
Old 14 Jul 14, 07:30 AM  
Link to this Post
muggle3000
slightly serious Dibber

We waited about 15 minutes before we were let in. We had a front row table one table back from the buffet area. Which I thought was a great spot. The Deserts were nice & we tucked in.

It was nice to sit down again for a bit. We were all getting a bit tired. It had been a full on day so far & was our longest day so far. From our seats you could just see the tops of the Main Street Electrical parade floats going past. She stood at the railing to try to get a better view & see if she could see what the floats were. I told her we had a FP+ booked in the reserved viewing area to watch the electrical parade later in the holiday so she would see it properly.

Imogen & me got a spot at the rail just by the buffet area as it was the quietest area. Deb kept on eating deserts. Then the projection show started on Cinderella’s Castle. The view wasn’t too bad from the Tomorrowland Terrace, there was one tree in the way a bit. It was still a good show. Imogen liked it too, especially the Frozen part. It’s amazing how much of an effect that one song has on everyone around us. Imogen sang along.

Then it was time for the main event Wishes. Jiminy Cricket gave he’s introduction then Tinkerbell fly’s form the castle turret right over us at the Tommorrowland Terrace. It was magical! I was hoping Deb would come over & joins us at the start. I think she was planning on watching it whilst sitting down at the table. I don’t think she’s that bothered about Wishes. Everyone else was at the railing so her view was a bit blocked by them & the ceiling. She eventually decided to join us. Imogen was amazed by the fireworks. I have never seen a fireworks show done better than how Disney does it. So I knew she hadn’t seen anything like it before. With every pause Imogen asked me if it was finished. When I told her „no there is more to come“, she replied „cool!“. When it did finish, I asked her what she thought „It was really cool, but very loud (referring to the firework bangs) it made my tummy go funny inside“.

I think the view for Wishes you get without the hassle of claiming a spot hours before & having plenty of space around you is defiantly worth the money of the Tomorrowland Terrace Desert Party.

So that was the end of day & it was time to make our way out of the park. We were directed through what looked like a backstage areas behind Main Street. With some small potted tree’s to try & brighten it up a bit. Into the locker area to pick up our stuff & claiming our $5 back. We decided to take the ferry back across the lake. It was a bit of a scrum but we made it across to the parking area & find our car again.

We make it back to the apartment just after 11pm. We were really proud of Imogen, she’d had a very long hot day with a late night too. She only moaned a bit at the start of the day about her Elsa dress. Which can be forgiven as it was hot.

A chance for a bit of a lie in tomorrow as were off to Blizzard Beach, Deb & My favorite water park.

Weather:
Dry & sunny, top temperature 31˚

Food Spends:
Planned food spend $205.00
(Desert party was paid in advance).
Actual food spend $101.67
Money saved into joint spending budget = $103.37

Planned Spends:
Locker $12.00 (was $17 but $5 was returned).
Car Parking $17.00
Bibbidi Bobbidid Boutique $101.13

Purchases:
Adam = $0.00 from $571.75
Imogen = $32.87 from $69.16
Deb = $73.13 from $822.09
Joint = $74.99 from $63.39

Trip Report Index

Link to Day 6 - Blizzard Beach

Edited at 07:00 AM.
Old 14 Jul 14, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
DISNEYLIZ
Imagineer

What a great day. Is there plenty of room at the railings to watch wishes? Doing the dessert party in November
DISNEYLIZ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List