Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 7 Mar 21, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
anji
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by aqualiv View Post
Great trip report 👍🏻
Love the idea of hiking in one of the national parks
Any trails doable from Boston ?
We could stay overnight somewhere else to cut down the drive
Monadnock State Park is 90 minutes from Boston - 75 miles - and has trails. Not been there but looks good on Google!

Index to all trip reports here https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...3#post15913083
Seattle to San Francisco
Road Trip Florida 2017
New England Road Trip 2019
Florida Road Trip 2022
Canada/Pacific NW Road Trip 2022
Cyprus Chill week May 2023
Road Trip California & Arizona 2023
anji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 21, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
traceylou1972
Apprentice Imagineer

traceylou1972's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Love Boston and would go back in a heartbeat. We used the trains a lot and one place I would definitely recommend is Rockport, beautiful place to wander round and famous for their Lobster rolls.
Cheyenne Aug 01, Circus Dec 03 ,DCR Dec 04, Magic Circus Dec 05, Kyriad NYE 07, Sequoia Feb 08, Val de Eur Jun 08, Cheyenne Oct 08, Magic Circus Jul 09, DH Feb 10, Newport Bay Feb 11, Kryiad Nov 11, Circus Jan 13 Sept 93 I Drive, Jul 07 Villa,Apr 09 Villa, Oct 10 Villa, Apr 11 Cruise & Villa, Xmas 11 Villa, July 12 Villa, Apr 14 Villa, Apr 15 Cruise & Villa, Dec 15 Villa, Aug 17 Villa & Cruise, Oct 18 Villa, Aug 19
traceylou1972 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 21, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
anji
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by traceylou1972 View Post
Love Boston and would go back in a heartbeat. We used the trains a lot and one place I would definitely recommend is Rockport, beautiful place to wander round and famous for their Lobster rolls.
We got the ferry to Salem on one trip and then got the train back - great day out!

Index to all trip reports here https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...3#post15913083
Seattle to San Francisco
Road Trip Florida 2017
New England Road Trip 2019
Florida Road Trip 2022
Canada/Pacific NW Road Trip 2022
Cyprus Chill week May 2023
Road Trip California & Arizona 2023
anji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 21, 12:42 AM  
Link to this Post
folkie
Loves sailing in the sun!

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 170
We went in 2016, had a couple of days in Boston, then went out to Brewster on Cape Cod for a few days, then up to Randolph in the White Mountains, then on to Mt Desert Island where we stayed in Southwest Harbor (Bar Harbor was too touristy for us ). We love to walk and did lots of hiking on trails wherever we went. We stayed in some really beautiful properties, all full of character and mostly with lovely views, e.g. this is where we stayed in Randolph: Loft with mountain views.

In Boston we stayed in an AirBnB in Jamaica Plain, just a few minutes walk from an Orange Line stop so no need to use the car. It was very easy to get around.
The best thing we did in Boston was to take a couple of Freedom Trail walking tours with costumed guides, they were great fun and really informative thefreedomtrail/tours

Plimoth Plantation is also well worth a visit plimoth/
91 Brittany 92 Scotland 93 France 94 France 95 Dartmouth 96 Moved house 97 Terra Mare (Greece) 98 Swanage 99 Yedi Tepe (Turkey) 00 Canada/Tunisia 01 Ottawa, Antigua/Bitez 02 DLP/Cornwall 03 Antigua/Gower 04 Ottawa/Croatia/Vendee 05 BVI/Hurghada 06 Javelin (Turkey) 07 Perili (Turkey) 08 Orlando 09 Rosas 10 Orlando 11 Les Deux Alpes 12 Morocco 13 Brittany 14 Vassiliki 15 Orlando 16 DLP/New England/Ottawa 17 Ionian
folkie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 21, 01:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Bianca
Imagineer

Originally Posted by folkie View Post
We went in 2016, had a couple of days in Boston, then went out to Brewster on Cape Cod for a few days, then up to Randolph in the White Mountains, then on to Mt Desert Island where we stayed in Southwest Harbor (Bar Harbor was too touristy for us ). We love to walk and did lots of hiking on trails wherever we went. We stayed in some really beautiful properties, all full of character and mostly with lovely views, e.g. this is where we stayed in Randolph: Loft with mountain views.

In Boston we stayed in an AirBnB in Jamaica Plain, just a few minutes walk from an Orange Line stop so no need to use the car. It was very easy to get around.
The best thing we did in Boston was to take a couple of Freedom Trail walking tours with costumed guides, they were great fun and really informative thefreedomtrail/tours

This sounds amazing!

The only part of Boston I've seen is the airport and that was sprinting from one terminal to another!

Boston and broader New England are very high up the list for me, but for 4 days I think I'd stay in Boston (one base) and look at just a day trip if you want to venture further out. I wouldn't want to exhaust myself before Orlando!

New England deserves a trip (or 2 or 3) of its own!

“I cannot discover that anyone knows enough to say definitely what is and what is not possible", Henry Ford

Contemporary Resort - Disneyland Hotel - Treehouse Villas - Vistana - Youth Hostel Anaheim - Quality Inn Intern'l Dr - Port Orleans Riverside
Bianca is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 21, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Originally Posted by folkie View Post

This sounds like a great trip 👍🏻
Old 10 Mar 21, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
TigerLily8
VIP Dibber

Harvard is a must do for me! It's amazing to see it in person having heard so much about it - and you can visit some of the on-campus museums too which we really enjoyed. The Harvard merchandise department made a killing from us when we visited
TigerLily8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 21, 08:05 AM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

We are booked for 31st August to Boston for a week then onto Orlando for 10 days, it is my favourite city that I have visited so far, really hoping we get to go as we have planned things I haven't done before like Salem, Martha's Vineyard, Harvard and catch a game (if audiences are back) at Fenway.

I went at Xmas when I went so I probably didn't do it justice as it was very quiet and things like the Duck Tour weren't running but I highly recommend staying in Back Bay, everywhere is walkable in the centre, Beacon Hill and the Common is lovely, Sam Adams Brewery Tour is really good, definitely visit Fenway for the stadium tour, the old traditional bars like Union Oyster House are great- definitely try the local beers, Freedom Trail is so interesting to learn about the history, Quincy Market is great for trying lots of different food

All of Team Bricki's Trip and Food Reports

2019- Our Super Secret Wedding and Honeymoon In Disney World
2022- Brett's 40th Celebrations In Orlando
2023- Lisbon and Sorrento
2024- Athens and Italy Tour
2025- Seville

INSTAGRAM teambricki_yorkshire_foodies
princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 21, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Johnnyp
Imagineer

Johnnyp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
We stayed south of Boston at Braintree. There’s the subway near by into town.
Johnnyp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 21, 07:30 AM  
Link to this Post
sunshines
Apprentice Imagineer

Lovely Boston! We went in August and it was tourist season. Did the duck and trolley tours and walked the freedom trail. Harbor boat ride. Boston Tea Party Museum! Ha ha ha The younger children thought it was great. Oldest did a ghost tour which he enjoyed. We all walked around a good bit. Ate at restaurants near Long Wharf. We had a car, so drove round to Cape Cod and stayed a few days. Plimoth Plantation on the way. This was a hit with the younger children. Costumed guides are terrific with the interaction and the houses are wonderful to wonder through. Once on Cape Cod, we went to a few beaches. There was a day trip to Martha’s Vineyard on the ferry where we took bikes to the lighthouse and had a few hours on the beach.

Drove down to NYC and spent the day in Rhode Island on the way. Narragansett Beach was lovely. Found a restaurant nearby with fresh caught seafood.

Years ago we spent a week in the summer camping in Acadia National Park (Bar Harbor, Maine on Mount Desert Island). The hiking was the best in the world. Lovely touristy towns. Ate lots of lobster and picked wild blueberries on the mountainsides (while hiking).

If I only had four days, I’d stay in Boston. Plenty to see and do.