Notices
UK Holiday Planning & Days Out For UK Holiday planning and experiences

Old 27 Mar 21, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
mr-paul
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
I enjoy going to Margate for a day - such a wonderful seaside town with one of the best fish restaurants in UK
Wonderful, I'm looking forward to it! Never been before.

I live near you (Stockwell) and just needed a little trip out of the big city to spend quality time with friends which we sadly haven't been able to do much this past year.

What's the restaurant called? Will have to stick it on our to-do list!
mr-paul is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 21, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mr-paul View Post
Wonderful, I'm looking forward to it! Never been before.

I live near you (Stockwell) and just needed a little trip out of the big city to spend quality time with friends which we sadly haven't been able to do much this past year.

What's the restaurant called? Will have to stick it on our to-do list!
We do live very close !

The restaurant is called Angelas. It is very small and booking is essential - they have another one which I dont think you can book and is cheaper (I haven’t been) but been to Angelas 3 or 4 times and it’d superb - menu is what they have caught, local produce and local drinks.

We hat HS1 from St Pancras - its very easy to do for a day.

Also so to the spa - Hearkals
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 21, 12:20 AM  
Link to this Post
fissycist
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by KayLouise View Post
We have booked a cottage in Charmouth, Dorset for a week in August. Can't wait to do some fossil hunting on the beach with the kids.
Snap... we have a week booked there in July. My DD’s are now grown up but we all still enjoy a bit of fossil hunting. There are some lovely walks and the fields behind the beach are good for kite flying as well.
fissycist is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 21, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
anji
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
I enjoy going to Margate for a day - such a wonderful seaside town with one of the best fish restaurants in UK
I grew up in Margate! We lived there until I was 10. Dreamland was my Heaven

We went back there 2 years ago for the weekend - brought back some great memories as a lot was still the same

Index to all trip reports here https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...3#post15913083
Seattle to San Francisco
Road Trip Florida 2017
New England Road Trip 2019
Florida Road Trip 2022
Canada/Pacific NW Road Trip 2022
Cyprus Chill week May 2023
Road Trip California & Arizona 2023
anji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 21, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Really thinking about a Scotland trip but the midges are putting us off
Old 30 Mar 21, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridafan
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 53
We’ve booked a house in Cornwall - just outside Falmouth. We have never been to this part of Cornwall before and we are really looking forward to getting there. We are sharing with our daughter and her baby (we are in a bubble with her) and it will be lovely to take the little one to the beach and have a paddle. Also looking forward to eating out and not cooking anything for a week!
Floridafan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 21, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Ariel85
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by aqualiv View Post
Really thinking about a Scotland trip but the midges are putting us off
I’ve been to the Cairngorms twice in August and only ever noticed the midges once or twice and always when we were near water. I think they are worse on the west coast (although we have never been). I wouldn’t let this put you off personally - Scotland is a beautiful place to visit.
Ariel85 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 21, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Ariel85 View Post
I’ve been to the Cairngorms twice in August and only ever noticed the midges once or twice and always when we were near water. I think they are worse on the west coast (although we have never been). I wouldn’t let this put you off personally - Scotland is a beautiful place to visit.

That’s good to hear 👍🏻
Old 1 Apr 21, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
vickitoria10
Dibbing with Tink

We’ve booked a lodge Derbyshire for first May bank holiday (3nights), static caravan in Cornwall for May half term (booked last November at a bargain price!), static caravan in Fort William in July and static caravan in Norfolk in August, the cost of them all put together is about £2500, the cost of one week in Spain in the summer...yes I’d like to be going abroad but I will enjoy exploring the UK. We went to Northumberland, Buxton and Bridlington last year and had a hall at them all, it rained nearly all week in Northumberland but it didn’t spoil it. Covid has made us appreciate what is around us and I would never have persuaded DH to travel to Cornwall and the Scottish Highlands in the same year if we could have gone abroad! I can’t wait to explore new parts of the country and get out in the fresh air. We have booked direct with sites and got refundable rates and high spec caravans, we’ve chosen carefully with sites with little entertainment as it is not our thing. Just a play area and a pool at a couple, we’ll be too busy exploring, I’m not going to opposite ends of the country to stay on a caravan park! I can’t wait! Got so many things planned, looking for Nessie, going up a mountain, exploring a Loch, surfing in Cornwall, visiting lands end, exploring beaches, then we’ll go on the broads in Norfolk and take a nostalgic trip on the snails in Yarmouth!

WDW - Oct 2010 - SSR, Sept/Oct 2011 - I-Drive, May 2015 - OKW

DLP - Dec 2013, Jan 2015 - Cheyenne
vickitoria10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 21, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
FtLouie
Excited about Disney

Got 2 weeks in June on the Kent coast (house sitting &#128513 and then a 10 day road trip round Yorkshire, the lake district, and back down soutv via Liverpool/Manchester and Birmingham. PIs and TLs all the way, seeing art galleries, stately homes, castles etc as well as the scenery of the Lakes. Am so so excited

Have no fear, Purple Turtle is here
FtLouie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List