Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 17 Apr 21, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneyfreaks
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by folkie View Post
We had a guy sit in the wrong seat next to us on purpose so he could be near his friends - they hadn't pre-booked of course so had been split up. He just seemed to assume it was OK to sit wherever he wanted. When the guy whose seat it really was came along the first one refused point blank to move until the cabin crew insisted. I couldn't quite believe his behaviour, he just seemed to think it shouldn't be a problem and couldn't understand why the guy whose seat it actually was (and who had paid to pre-book) was upset.
We had this happen to us once a young chap trying his luck to sit next to his girlfriend - he had already ripped open the blanket & headphones etc - I think he thought we’d say he could stay there but we turfed him right out that seat !
Disneyfreaks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 21, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

We had a lady a couple of rows in front who was so drunk she went to the toilet and got lost on the way back - which is unusual on a plane...

(thankfully she was a jolly, if confused, drunk, not nasty, so did not antagonise her bemused fellow passengers...)
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 21, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
True story it started in the departure gate me and partner where sitting waiting to be called it was full so a lot of children. I saw a lady with a baby in her arms the baby seemed restless the husband had a older child he was entertaining him.I head a very loud woman voice saying hope that meaning the baby is not going to cry though the flight. The lady with the Baby seemed embassed. We where called and boarded I waited back with partner the woman who had said about the baby just pushed everyone out the way and stood at the desk there where a few words from some people she seemed in intrsted and just stood the the lady that was clicking people in looked at her ticket and said sorry we not boarding you yet to which she said I bet you board that child before me why. The lady that was boarding did not say anything.I waited back with my partner the lady with the baby was there with her baby and the dad was there as well with there little boy. I said to the lady that woman got no sense and the lady said she really upset me. I said so sorry if she says anything on the plane I say something she said thank you. I said you seem like you got a problem she said emm I need a pee 😆 I said o dear her husband said the little boy was a handful so I said if you trust me I hold the baby and we wait for you the lady said ok the husband said ok so I took the baby for some reason when I held him he went quite 😆 the lady dashed off for a pee the boarding lady said you got 10 minutes until we close the door 😝 the lady came back and we went on together when we where on the plane the big mouth woman said in a very loud voice I hope that not going to cry 😢 l lost my temper looked and the big mouth woman husband and said you mean to say you having a relationship with that big mouth woman with no sense I pitty you if I was you I device her a marry some one with a little manners if your wife got any mental or health problems then I will apologise he said no she just think she above everyone I told her many times. The flight was nice no problems I think the husband spoke to her Thenladybwith the baby looked better as we where near each other I did say if you like I hold the baby for a while 😝 she said I did not think I let Pete go but to you I will 😝 the baby was very quite in my arms the lady managed to watch something when I gave the bbaby Pete back the little boy her son stated to talk to me and for the next 2 hours I was talking about trains did I think they do a train to the moon 😆 and other silly things. We laneded I just sat there I don’t try and get off the plane first 😆 we walked though to arivel hall there was a long Q but we just waited the lady with the baby and her husband and son where shown though to a family que was of course was shorter I saw that she spoke to one of the customs officers and I payed no attention until he came up to me and said world I follow him and said the same to my partner we where shown though the family line no one there we had our passport checked and stamped and went though to pick up our luggage the rude lady was for some reason taken away there where some sort of officer with her no idea whysaw the lady with the baby 👶 who said that she could not thank me enough and if I ever wanted a baby sitting job call her 😂

Sorry for long post to answer the question

Rude people
Loud people
No manners
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 21, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

A lot of these things do annoy me, especially the pulling on your seat head rest so the person behind can get up, for gods sake use the arm rests, it’s not hard. Last year we travelled as a 4 so I booked a row of 3 by the window and as ds26 was with us I booked him the window seat in front of us. When we went to our seats, an older gent with a walking stick was sat in ds seat. I told him he was in his seat, but ds said oh it’s ok he can sit there. Silly boy didn’t realise I had a paid good money for that seat and he was stuck in the middle seat. Old boy kept getting up during the flight to stretch his legs, use the restroom etc so ds got no peace at all, I know the old man did it on purpose, probably hadn’t t even paid to pre book his own seat. DS is too kind for his own good sometimes.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 21, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

If someone reclines in front of me I have to lean on the headrest to get up. I do tell people when they recline and before I want to get up. Combination of being large and having joint issues means I'm not getting out of my seat prettily...

(I can push up on arm rests if they are not reclined.)
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 21, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Just thought Of another pushing down window covers while I’m looking out!
We also had a very smelly lady once, dh had to sit with her till I moved Him!

Edited at 01:50 PM.
Sandra & co is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 21, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
I am fortunate to have never to my knowledge witnessed drunkenness on a plane.

I firmly believe that anybody convicted of such an offence should have their passport endorsed and prevented from all air travel for 20 years.
Never fly to Hamburg 😜
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 21, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dx4100 View Post
Never fly to Hamburg 😜
Vegas (well back from) the worst for me - pax getting onboard drunk (and no sleep ?) then trying to get into upper or get a betel form the bar, I can deal with it but the cabin crew were run ragged (and this happened on many many flights on this router not just once) - I would warn them then if it that doesn’t happen ban them for life from that airline (abuse of CC is a huge no no from me)
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 21, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by TractorBoy View Post
People who bring children on a long haul flight, then ignore them for the whole flight😡😡

Why can't they have adult only flights😂😂
I wish I could ignore mine 😔
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 21, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

I had a guy sit next to me on a flight who acted more and more strangely as the flight went on - I was confused at first but by the end I couldn’t wait to get off
He drank a lot! Ordered 3 drinks at a time and got up to go to the toilet extremely frequently- about every 15 mins, and stayed in there each time for ages
No idea what that was about

Edited at 02:35 PM.
aqualiv is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List