Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 18 Apr 21, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by cartoonp View Post
True story it started in the departure gate me and partner where sitting waiting to be called it was full so a lot of children. I saw a lady with a baby in her arms the baby seemed restless the husband had a older child he was entertaining him.I head a very loud woman voice saying hope that meaning the baby is not going to cry though the flight. The lady with the Baby seemed embassed. We where called and boarded I waited back with partner the woman who had said about the baby just pushed everyone out the way and stood at the desk there where a few words from some people she seemed in intrsted and just stood the the lady that was clicking people in looked at her ticket and said sorry we not boarding you yet to which she said I bet you board that child before me why. The lady that was boarding did not say anything.I waited back with my partner the lady with the baby was there with her baby and the dad was there as well with there little boy. I said to the lady that woman got no sense and the lady said she really upset me. I said so sorry if she says anything on the plane I say something she said thank you. I said you seem like you got a problem she said emm I need a pee 😆 I said o dear her husband said the little boy was a handful so I said if you trust me I hold the baby and we wait for you the lady said ok the husband said ok so I took the baby for some reason when I held him he went quite 😆 the lady dashed off for a pee the boarding lady said you got 10 minutes until we close the door 😝 the lady came back and we went on together when we where on the plane the big mouth woman said in a very loud voice I hope that not going to cry 😢 l lost my temper looked and the big mouth woman husband and said you mean to say you having a relationship with that big mouth woman with no sense I pitty you if I was you I device her a marry some one with a little manners if your wife got any mental or health problems then I will apologise he said no she just think she above everyone I told her many times. The flight was nice no problems I think the husband spoke to her Thenladybwith the baby looked better as we where near each other I did say if you like I hold the baby for a while 😝 she said I did not think I let Pete go but to you I will 😝 the baby was very quite in my arms the lady managed to watch something when I gave the bbaby Pete back the little boy her son stated to talk to me and for the next 2 hours I was talking about trains did I think they do a train to the moon 😆 and other silly things. We laneded I just sat there I don’t try and get off the plane first 😆 we walked though to arivel hall there was a long Q but we just waited the lady with the baby and her husband and son where shown though to a family que was of course was shorter I saw that she spoke to one of the customs officers and I payed no attention until he came up to me and said world I follow him and said the same to my partner we where shown though the family line no one there we had our passport checked and stamped and went though to pick up our luggage the rude lady was for some reason taken away there where some sort of officer with her no idea whysaw the lady with the baby 👶 who said that she could not thank me enough and if I ever wanted a baby sitting job call her 😂

Sorry for long post to answer the question

Rude people
Loud people
No manners
I really think if there was a vote for the nicest person on the dibb you would win it hands down. X
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 21, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

I couldn’t agree more Mick. Our last trip in 2019 was an eye opener (prior to this we hadn’t flown for a number of years). We collected all our rubbish and that of our children, but I just could not believe the state of some of the seats when we disembarked! Just wow! Do people really think it’s appropriate to leave this level of mess behind?
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 21, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneyfreaks
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lottiesmum0 View Post
For me it’s people who snort instead of blowing their noses- it literally makes me feel sick.
And people who use my headrest to pull themselves up
THIS ! 🤮🤮 years ago I had someone next to me in a row of 3 sniffing & snorting before we’d even taken of...I couldn’t cope with that & had to ask him direct if he was planning on doing that the entire 9hr flight (id have been sick for sure) - he was so apologetic & such a lovely chap we all ended up chatting the whole way - he was a doctor going to attend a conference on I drive !

Edited at 12:24 PM.
Disneyfreaks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 21, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Disneyfreaks View Post
THIS ! 🤮🤮 years ago I had someone next to me in a row of 3 sniffing & snorting before we’d even taken of...I couldn’t cope with that & had to ask him direct if he was planning on doing that the entire 9hr flight (id have been sick for sure) - he was so apologetic & such a lovely chap we all ended up chatting the whole way - he was a doctor going to attend a conference on I drive !
I think a lot of people get sinus issues when flying and don’t realise they are doing this, but I agree it generally makes my stomach turn. We had a guy do it for 7 hours back from NY once in a small premium cabin and I had forgotten my ear plugs . It was foul
Last year I was on a train and two young lads got on and one was snorting and sniffing and I said would you like a tissue ? He smiled and said thank you so much ,my hayfever is playing up ( and he took the tissue ) 😁
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 21, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Originally Posted by duncanb View Post
Farting as the air is recycled ahhh.
That’s why there’s charcoal in your seats
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 21, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

Originally Posted by levtweeney View Post
Well if we’re going down this route I fancy a yoga section on the plane. Never tried it but think it would be a good use of my time

Totally agree, it would be really difficult to have separate sections of the main cabin. This is the leg spreader section, here is the chair in front leaning back section and this is the kids screaming madly section
Can we have a swearing drunk section as well
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 21, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mickeyspal View Post
Can we have a swearing drunk section as well
There is. It's the cockpit.
Old 18 Apr 21, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

I'm sat giggling at these and wondering why ...
A ... why do we fly, it's pretty awful really
B... are any of these people we are talking about ,dibbers 😂
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 21, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
Book a window seat and want out to the aisle every 20 mins to get something out of the overhead locker ,go to the toilet , go for a wander or just to stand in the aisle etc
Yes I know we shouldn’t sit there for the whole flight even once an hour is fine but being a Jack in the box is not
I don’t care where I sit if I did I’d book a seat
On a related point, people who book an aisle seat, go to sleep before the plane has even taken off and refuse to move for the entire flight. I used to book window (I'm fairly considerate with how often I get up) until I had back to back sleepers on a flight to Australia. Now I always book aisle. Or business class to avoid the problem completely.

Edited at 07:53 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 21, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
On a related point, people who book an aisle seat, go to sleep before the plane has even taken off and refuse to move for the entire flight.

I used to book window (I'm fairly considerate with how often I get up) until I had back to back sleepers on a flight to Australia. Now I always book aisle. Or business class to avoid the problem completely.
I’m an aisle only booker now.. for slightly different reasons. I have kidney problems and I need to use the bathroom a lot. I didn’t book one time and I was stuck next to a guy who was trying to sleep in the aisle seat. I did ask to swap with him and explained but he declined so I ended up waking him up like 5 times to use the bathroom on the way back from Orlando.

I felt terrible!
IBEX23 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List