Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 23 Apr 21, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinks2014
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bianca View Post
This is the hardest, lovely thread!

Even as I write, other memories are contesting it!

Still, I'm going to go with River Country.

Arriving at Fort Wilderness ...skipping along the pathway into River Country, the sign, the anticipation ...the sandy-bottomed lake at the heart of it all ...first experiences of loooong water slides and the river rapids ...getting stuck towards the bottom of the rapids floating in circles, then someone else grabbing your tyre to free you...

It had the Disney magic and the thrills, but it didn't have any of the stress or competition - it was more relaxed and friendly.

River Country - I'm so glad I knew you.
River country was our first experience of a water park. I loved it ..
Tinks2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 21, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinks2014
Imagineer

First stay onsite at okw. Had stayed on I drive, lbv before .
Was so excited got off the flight onto dme. Dropped off luggage and headed straight on the bus to MK.
I also don’t know where all the little soaps, shower stuff etc went they kept disappearing. Magically they all appeared when I got home 😉
Tinks2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 21, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
anna68
VIP Dibber

anna68's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Ah so so hard to pick one! But if pushed I think it would be riding aladdins carpets with my 8 yr old during mnsshp with thriller blaring out in the dark at about 11.30pm and she was really happy. I’d expected to be back at the hotel by then as she doesn’t cope with late nights. I was also just in total shock I was alone (hubby stayed at home) in my happiest place with my own child. Just a dream. Welling up thinking about it!
anna68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 21, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

This a terrible thread, terribly difficult.
Oh what to choose , first boat ride to magic kingdom high on the list but will go with our kids speaking to scoop. Proud of how they behaved while looking for pins, the one our daughter needed to complete a set was hard to get but he asked the kids to meet him near the medical centre on main st and duly handed her the missing pin. They had quite a few years collecting with a result of over a 1000 pins stashed in there rooms
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 21, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Cool

I love reading all these memories. Again as so many others I could list lots of memories that contest as my favourite but I will stick to the rules.

We love the Indiana Jones stunt show I know it's not overly popular, but we like it and often go twice on a trip this was our 2nd visit so DH and me picked up a beer at the entrance and as we saunter in 10 mins before the show a cast member asked if our kids would like to start the show would they heck! We had VIP seats right near the front and then off they went to have a chat. They were up on stage in front of everyone saying 'lights, cameras, action'

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 21, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
sotagals
Imagineer

Mobile

Lots of special memories but at random - seeing DD1 aged 2 and a half driving her Daddy on the Tomorrowland Speedway.

She was too little to see over the steering wheel and she was hitting the rail with the wheels. Bump, Bash. Bump Bash ...
sotagals is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 21, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Bianca
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mick View Post
BB

Can I be excused pleased. I've only really done one "memory" although I've added a pic to others.

Mick
There's always one rogue!

Originally Posted by BerkshireBugsy View Post
Let me think about that Mick for a moment

Oh go one then !
It pays to know the right people, Mick!

Originally Posted by BerkshireBugsy View Post
Anyone else like to share any other memories they haven't already ?
Now the reminiscing really revs up!

“I cannot discover that anyone knows enough to say definitely what is and what is not possible", Henry Ford

Contemporary Resort - Disneyland Hotel - Treehouse Villas - Vistana - Youth Hostel Anaheim - Quality Inn Intern'l Dr - Port Orleans Riverside
Bianca is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 21, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

Best memory was the day at Blizzard Beach on our last trip. I think the kids were more excited for the water parks than the main parks. We all went several times as a family on Teamboat Springs raft ride - everyone smiling, laughing and enjoying themselves. Weather-wise it was about 28 degrees, not too hot (although we still got slightly sunburnt!) and not too busy either. We ended the day at the Cheesecake Factory having built up a good appetite! ☀️ 🏖 🌊🍹
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 21, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

We took second ds for his first visit when he was 20 months. It was probably our best visit. He was well behaved on the flight, coped well with the heat (sept) and was so excited to see the characters. This is a photo of him meeting Goofy, he had run straight at him as he was walking along and I had to go and scoop him up, Goofy was fabulous with him and it’s such a happy memory.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 21, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Wonder
Imagineer

Oh wow this is so hard... There are so many as I've been going since I was 2!

So I'd have to say the stand out for me was taking my then, nearly three year old twins in Oct 2019.

First day, went to MK and took the girls to go see Daisy and Minnie as the wait time was short.

One of the girls was absolutely desperate to get to the characters, she couldn't figure out why she had to wait and why she couldn't just run over to see them. She had the funniest mini meltdown in the queue area and almost exploded with joy when she finally got to meet them.

The other twin was a lot calmer, she just looked on with total awe and stared at these amazing characters.

Honestly heart melting moments when you know it's all worth it... Even though the holiday did actually end in disaster!