Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Apr 21, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Ultimately it's what you are happy with for those that are concerned about testing positive, missing work, school etc it's not as if the UK is some Bastion of virus free Utopia, you could just as easily catch it here & as far as kids are concerned, has anyone seen kids outside of school at lunchtime etc?
I think we all have to count on masks for the remainder of '21 & anything less than that is a bonus, equally they could still be required into '22, no-one knows- follow the science except when we don't want it to
If it is "stressing" you, then I would cancel as waiting isn't going to help your mental well being, if you are happy to wait then wait. A frequent poster had similar thoughts, pulled the pin & is now posting about their "new" holiday, at the same time as the "old" one! It's a dynamic situation: vaccinations, infection rates, new variants...
Using the "Royal we" were all happy to go when they had the Zika outbreak & Disney kindly put some Deet in our rooms
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 21, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Rachv38
Very Serious Dibber

I'm the same. We are due to travel on 19th Aug, balance due on 27th May. I'm waiting to see what government say. If they say its good to go then I think we will. I don't want to cancel and lose deposit or change to next year yet as it's over £600 more. We booked in Nov 19 before covid, a package with tui. My only worry is my eldest will be in year 11 when we get back and youngest starts secondary school. We get back on the Fri as they go back to school on the Mon. I feel more optimistic now though about going than I did before. Life is too short and we need to enjoy what time we have together while we can.
Rachv38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 21, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Littlelufs32
Excited about Disney

We are in the same boat ☹
Due to fly Aug 16th and booked a flight inclusive package with Disney.
Our balance is due May 9th and the balance is over £12,000 which I'm reluctant to pay with so much uncertainty!
Does anyone know if Disney allow you to delay payment for a week or so until something is announced?
Me and hubbs will be fully vaccinated by then so not too worried about the tests but the kids won't be vaccinated and we also have one due to start secondary school in Sept!
This is a booking we moved from last year and I felt certain last year this year would be ok!
Littlelufs32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 21, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

We are due to fly October 14th for 18 nts. There are 10 of us going, oldest 67, youngest 6. If the USA will let us in and we are allowed to go, we will be going. Who knows how long masks will. Be in place with all the different variants and new ones that will arrive in the future. I have had my 2 jabs and have done everything I have been told to do and we have to live along side this covid thing, so I am not hiding anymore and going to live my life. If it involves a mask , washing my hands and not touching strangers then so be it. Hopefully Florida here we come.
Loobylou_82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 21, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Whoppery5k
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Due to leave 12th August with full balance due 20th may.

Really not sure what to do, if I move it a year the price is absolutely insane.
Almost £900 extra per person for the same dates.
My wife is really not happy with mask wearing.
I think I will get away with pushing the date back a few weeks but not enough to make a real educated guess
Whoppery5k is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 21, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
JoC
Serious Dibber

We had an Orlando trip with Caribbean Cruise cancelled last Easter and a Baltic Cruise last summer and instead had a very very wet and very very cold week in Wales last August.

We are going if we possibly can...🤞🙏🏼

We have decided to not bother with Disney this time due to all the cutbacks and price increases but will get Universal, Busch and Seaworld annual passes. Even if we couldn’t do the parks would enjoy the weather, pool etc.
Old 23 Apr 21, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneyfreaks
Imagineer

Mobile

We’re also due to go mid august & hanging on in there...

as others have said it’s frustrating not knowing for sure but we’re continuing to ‘plan’ & book bits that are fully refundable if we do have to cancel...we’re holding out for 17th May to see what comes out then
Disneyfreaks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 21, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
fraser301
Apprentice Imagineer

We are scheduled to go on 16 August for 14 days and still remain positive yet the challenges of mask wearing with 4 year old grandson may prove too much and that the days of freely park hopping have gone.Still keeping an eye on international developments.
fraser301 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 21, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
SLTh
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by Littlelufs32 View Post
We are in the same boat ☹
Due to fly Aug 16th and booked a flight inclusive package with Disney.
Our balance is due May 9th and the balance is over £12,000 which I'm reluctant to pay with so much uncertainty!
Does anyone know if Disney allow you to delay payment for a week or so until something is announced?
Me and hubbs will be fully vaccinated by then so not too worried about the tests but the kids won't be vaccinated and we also have one due to start secondary school in Sept!
This is a booking we moved from last year and I felt certain last year this year would be ok!
Exactly the same here. All booked with Disney direct, including flights. Payment is due 6th May for 14th August departure and we are hoping they'll let us defer paying our balance for a few weeks.
SLTh is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 21, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Lilpickle08
slightly serious Dibber

We're booked beginning of August. The way I see it is yes, it's a rollercoaster at the minute - one minute we think we'll get there, the next minute we think we won't. But what I do know is if I cancel now and then flights do go ahead in August I'll be absolutely devastated!

So I'd rather have all the uncertainties and the 'will we won't we?' scenarios than be kicking myself in August when everyone starts posting about their trips!

Everything is changing so quickly at the minute and let's not forget we are still only in April - there's a lot of days left until August and so much can happen in that time.
Lilpickle08 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List