Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 1 May 21, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
They grow out of it but mine never swore, they still don’t which is really funny because me and dh do. Ds bought a ps 5 and doesn’t play it!
Old 1 May 21, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jan View Post
As I have said, DGS (aged nearly 15) loves playing on his consoles. He got an Xbox and now he has bought himself a PS5. He does nothing but play on them. Sometimes he gets so angry that he throws down the controller and shouts extremely loudly at the game. Fortunately he is in a different room to us but we spend a lot of time waiting for the anger to come out. We have tried to talk to him and threatened to ban him from playing. But I don’t know if stopping him from playing would do any good.

So, I wondered if an anger management course might help. I don’t know where to start with that but I would find out. We want the violence (throwing things around) to stop. And we don’t want it to carry over into adult life!

Anyway, my question is this. Are other teenagers the same? He can’t be the only one surely.
Sorry to say my two boys were the same 🙄😬
Numerous controllers were broken 😳 I think they soon realised that it was costing a lot of money to keep replacing them 🙈💰
How they get so stressed out by a Game I don’t know 🤷
Hopefully he’ll grow out of it, my sons are 31 & 29 & I think they have at last
ClaireNJ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 21, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

My 13 year old tends to get cross playing fifa and if I feel he is getting himself too wound up I must admit I do warn him to calm down and that I will turn it off if it continues. On some occasions he just can’t calm down and so I switch it off and he realises that it needs to be turned off in order for him to calm down.

There is no swearing here though - both my boys know that I would walk in and turn it off immediately without even a warning if I hear bad language so thankfully over the years they’ve learned to control that - I’ve no doubt when out with their mates the language comes out, but I don’t swear (probably from working with small children for so long), and I just don’t want it in my house from my kids.
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 21, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

I wouldn’t allow any swearing in my house, I find it disrespectful and horrible.
I am lucky that my almost 15 year old doesn’t play that much on his x box. He doesn’t get worked up when he does play however, my youngest child is a different matter all together! He starts growling at the screen then throws the control down which ends up with a ban 😱
He is nothing like my older two and very quick to anger. Who knows what he will be like as a teenager! I dread to think 🙈
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 21, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Some form of self control is needed though as they get older... tantrumming as a 12/13 year old child is different from 15/16 year old adult sized person and beyond.

Dd20's partner is a gamer and they split up for a while because he frightened her when he got angry during his game and punched a wall, breaking his hand. She walked out the door.

They are back together now, but he no longer games as avidly as before, and she insisted on some counselling before she would move back in.

So would watch them when they are angry, are they in control, would their actions frighten someone who is not in their family? Because that is unacceptable.
WhereIBelong is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 21, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
babbymint
Imagineer

Originally Posted by WhereIBelong View Post
Some form of self control is needed though as they get older... tantrumming as a 12/13 year old child is different from 15/16 year old adult sized person and beyond.

Dd20's partner is a gamer and they split up for a while because he frightened her when he got angry during his game and punched a wall, breaking his hand. She walked out the door.

They are back together now, but he no longer games as avidly as before, and she insisted on some counselling before she would move back in.

So would watch them when they are angry, are they in control, would their actions frighten someone who is not in their family? Because that is unacceptable.
Punching a wall is quite scary - if my teen did that I would be worried. A bit of shouting doesn't bother me to be honest, I think their lives are very hard at the moment.
babbymint is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 21, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneyfreaks
Imagineer

Same here on his Xbox we can hear DS15 shouting & talking to his friends & getting soo worked up (no swearing) but I do go in & tell him to calm down or I’ll turn it off - it’s a game !

He keeps asking us for GTA - noooo way, hideous game

As someone else said earlier, it’s been a good source to keep in touch with his friends during lockdown & he’s very sporty so it’s great that’s come back for him but he does have a good balance, he’s out with his friends playing basketball in the sun !
Disneyfreaks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 21, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
mason1
Imagineer

mason1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Mine play quite a bit with friends. DS mainly plays Fortnite and F1 and DD plays Fortnite and Minecraft. DS is more vocal and gets angry (more so with Fortnite and bots that kill him 🤷). If it’s too bad we tell him to come off, but he’s fine within a few minutes. They both do well at school, so I’m not too worried. At least I know where they are.
Old 1 May 21, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Lu Lu
Imagineer

My two are the same. The 14 year old is as mild as they come off it and I’m not worried about him really - although he says ‘bloody’ sometimes and I find it funny but he does get warnings.

I am more worried about my 11 year old though as he gets angry about everything - tablets, phones, strength of WiFi, asking to get dressed, telling him what’s for dinner - everything seems to elicit a negative reaction. He does have too many electronics which make him more angry and we have to ban everything occasionally. I keep half joking that he will need anger management as he grows up!
Lu Lu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 21, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Both of mine, dd 15 and ds 13, love their gaming, i've never been into it, but my dh loves it and when he's off work he's always on his PS4. DD is very calm on it and just plays with some friends but nothing too vocal, can normally just hear her laughing. DS on the other hand is a nightmare, he has a PS4, Xbox and gaming laptop but usually on his laptop, the language I hear come out of his room irritates the hell out of me, and he gets proper angry, stays up really late, thrown many things around his room and i've been known to confiscate everything, and when he was younger I will admit to cutting the plug off his xbox, which didn't go down well and nearly electrocuted myself in the process oops. Most of his friends are the same, but I also hear lots of laughing and sometimes it's a way to get their frustrations out instead of taking it out on other people. Have you asked why he gets so agitated with it? I honestly think it's very common.

However, they have barely left the house in a year, they're safe, and they're happy, abeit if my DS could cut down on the profanities I would appreciate it!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List