Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 9 May 21, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Can I ask how everyone knows about the pent up demand? It can’t be that great if several of their resorts aren’t even open yet or even have dates to reopen. Yes people are desperate to go but there’s an awful lot of people that might have been able to go but are no longer able to. People from the US can visit still.

Edited at 09:06 AM.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 21, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Free DDP is a misnomer as it depends on what they charge before implementing the free DDP. It’s a big part of the sales but Disney is a cash hungry company and if there’s another tourist who will pay full whack to take your booking, they’ll sell to them instead.
I suspect the new paid for Fastpass options may come soon. In Disney fashion this may not look too bad at first. Not too expensive for more Fastpass. But that will quickly creep up. And Americans in particular on their 3 day trips will pay.
Of course as things currently stand Fastpass is fully utilised anyway, so if paid for options come, they’ll likely have to take away some free options to make room.
They can’t offer unlimited FP like Universal do for onsite guests as they simply have too many hotel rooms. You may however see a slightly better free choice as an on-site guest than offsite.
All speculation of course, but this is what has been hinted at by fairly trustworthy leakers of information.

Edited at 08:56 AM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 21, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
MrPenguin
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
Can I ask how everyone knows about the pent up demand? It can’t be that great if several of their resorts aren’t even open yet or even have dates to reopen. Yes people are desperate to go but there’s an awful lot of people that might have been able to go but are no longer able to. People from the US can visit still.
That’s a Disney decision to keep them closed due to restricted park numbers and social distancing. It’s not because the demand isn’t there.
MrPenguin is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 21, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Originally Posted by MrPenguin View Post
That’s a Disney decision to keep them closed due to restricted park numbers and social distancing. It’s not because the demand isn’t there.
I do get that but I still don’t understand how people know about the demand. What’s that info based on? Lots of reports are saying TA’s aren’t taking Disney bookings as there are no incentives for next year and us Brits are such a small percentage of visitors. US guests don’t normally book as early as well. Park reservations are hard to base as capacity could increase as things get better.

Edited at 12:09 PM.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 21, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MrPenguin View Post
Exactly, they can't sell more hotel rooms at the moment as people would struggle even more to get park reservations.
Old 9 May 21, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
DonkeyCentreArf
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Tco200 View Post
Not quite as much as there used to be truth be told.

I’ve booked the Dolphin with virgin thinking that it’s walkable to two parks which is an unwritten benefit and got free parking as well
We are looking at the Swan but just to be clear, although you get 'free' parking with VH, if you cost the Swan/Dolphin up elsewhere they are cheaper but without the fees included. VH have just rolled up the parking and resort fees into the price.

The advantage of that is that you know what you are paying and don't get a horrible bill when you check out.
1990 - Quality Inn International - iDrive / 1996 - Grosvenor Hotel Plaza Boulevard / 1997 - Dixie Landings / 1999 - All Star Sports / 2002 - Grosvenor Hotel Plaza Boulevard / 2003 - DLP / 2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter / 2008 - Doubletree Universal / 2009 - Saratoga Springs / 2011 - Bonnet Creek Resort & Vero Beach / 2014 - Bonnet Creek Resort / Oct 2021 - Rescheduled / Feb 2022 - Rescheduled / Oct 2022 HRH & OKW
DonkeyCentreArf is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 21, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Perks wise:
30 mins entry to the parks...

Convenience :
room charge
package pick up -if it's still running due to covid
transportation but then if you can be bothered you can use all of that from Disney Springs via a Resort

As far as demand best guess is that they currently don't need any International Guests, every recent Vlog that I've see it's been average wait times of 45-60 mins & in HS more than that. They are not (IMO) going to open those shut resorts until they need to, they currently are saving on wages. I'm sure that if it wasn't illegal, some of the DVC resorts would be mothballed too but as far as demand goes I can tell you that there are very few rooms left in any of the DVC resorts from now until the end of the year!
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 21, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
glenn23
Proud to wear my Ears

only perk i can see is getting to book your park days now and only pay a deposit, and having a good refund policy with a late final payment date
glenn23 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 21, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Tco200
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DonkeyCentreArf View Post
We are looking at the Swan but just to be clear, although you get 'free' parking with VH, if you cost the Swan/Dolphin up elsewhere they are cheaper but without the fees included. VH have just rolled up the parking and resort fees into the price.

The advantage of that is that you know what you are paying and don't get a horrible bill when you check out.
Ah that’s A fair point, on the flip side I was moving a booking from Coronado this august so rebooking with virgin was also more palatable than losing a £700 deposit
Tco200 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 21, 07:20 AM  
Link to this Post
°o°-Hannah-°o°
Imagineer

°o°-Hannah-°o°'s Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
If you use the reservation system, you will see that over the next 6 weeks there is little to no park availability and as soon as the US summer holidays begin I think the whole season will be booked out unless capacity increases.