Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 10 May 21, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
GroovyYvee
Proud to wear my Ears

Thanks, it surprises me that it was so busy - I thought it would be a relatively quiet time to visit. I wonder why...
GroovyYvee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 21, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

Mobile

We went last feb, seems like a lifetime ago now 😏
The weather was nice, we only had 30 mins rain the whole fortnight. We aren’t got lovers so 25-30 with low humidity was good for us.
Some days in the park were ok and others rammed. But we chose our days in advance due to knowing presidents weekend was coming and just went for EMH. We will always try to return that time of year as suits us best
dreamadream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 21, 07:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Bondy007
Imagineer

We've been once in February, it was our honeymoon in 2003 (now that is a lifetime away! )... Feb 20th for 14 nights, including a dolhin swim on my birthday at Discovery Cove...
Its a nice time to visit, as mentioned it can be busy. But in terms of weather it's actually lovely. Warm enough during the day and cool (light jacket cool) on a night time.
If we didn't have a child we'd probably choose a Feb visit again but don't want to take her out of school.
Old 11 May 21, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
PABBY
Excited about Disney

The only time we've been to WDW in February we ended up having to buy fleeces for the kids and I had to wear jeans in the parks a couple of times as it was that cold (I usually wear shorts all year round). We did have warm days too and thankfully no rain.
PABBY is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 21, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
bdl1994
Earning More Ears

We did Feb 2019 for two weeks (2nd-16th) and we had a fantastic time. Weather was glorious, like a British summer, but we only had rain once or twice.

As for crowds, the weekends were busy, but the weekdays weren't too bad. I think it's about expectations. If someone goes expecting it to be dead, then they'd feel like it's rammed. But by planning carefully and making the most of time it can be absolutely fine. For example, the middle Saturday we did the Keys to the Kingdom tour in the morning. That finished at 1pm, after which we used our three Fastpasses. Over the rest of the day we managed to get another six Fastpasses. Sure, they weren't for the E ticket rides but it still made a difference.

Over the course of the two weeks the longest we waited was about an hour, and that was for Seven Dwarfs Main Train. There were times that posted queues reached 90-120 minutes, but we just would do other things at those times.

Generally we rope dropped most days, caught the low queues in the morning, used our fastpasses around 11am-2pm, cherry pick some smaller queues and then head back to the villa late afternoon/early evening and that worked well for us.

Our previous (and only prior) visit was Christmas & New Year which was absolutely wedged, so I'm sure that affects our perception of busyness, but I'm not sure if there is a genuinely quiet time of year at WDW anymore. Also I think it can vary year on year with seasonal fluctuations. February is school holidays in South America so there will be lots of tourists from there. August will have more Brits!
bdl1994 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List