Notices

Old 14 Sep 19, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Complete. Bayous to Beaches. The 4 state Alien Free Adventure October 2019

Welcome to another Wiley Fest. I am writing this as much to remind myself what we are doing as its all, well, a bit "fluid" as they say.

Unusually it is less well planned than normal so frankly anything can and probably will happen

I am not even printing anything to take with me as we have no firm day plans (oh such rebellion)

Pre Trip to follow imminently . I am sure it will all make sense then

But in the meantime. This is what it looks like today . Sort of. Maybe.

I do also appear to have a ceiling light growing from my head. But after last years Alien adventure that’s really no surprise is it

Pre Trip nonsense here
Food trip here. Calorie counters look away now

Pre Travel Day
Travel Day. Hi Fly Horrors, Shopping the Point Hotel
Day 1 Sat nav Sabotage, Shopping in Orlando , Panera Bread and Red Lobster
Oct 2nd Big Easy Living: MCO-MSY Arriving in New Orleans, Bourbon Hotel,French Market, dodgy daquiris, sunshine, street music and the Orleans Grapevine
Oct 3rd New Orleans: Riding the Streetcar, Garden District, Another Broken Egg, Hard Rock, Shark Attack Time, Dat Dog, Frenchmen Street and a fine array of cocktails
Day 4 New Orleans: Cocktails, Jazz Brunch, Art and a perfect day
Day 5 : Going all Bonnie and Clyde on the road to Shreveport via Natchitoches classic car cruise and some deep fried pies
Day 6: Shreveport - Its a family Affair - on the road to Baton Rouge
Day 7: MSY-MCO Rain rain go away - on the road to Jekyll Island
Day 8: Exploring Jekyll, Driftwood Beach, Brunswick, Fannies on the Beach Tybee, And arriving on Hilton Head Island
Day 9: Hilton Head Island- Harbour Town Lighthouse, arriving in Charleston. King Street . A wine Bar. The most beautiful historic houses and a walk on the wild side to Little Jack’s Tavern
Day 10: A carriage ride through Charleston. Sunshine sightseeing in Savannah. Cocktails, Cheese and the cutest pumpkin pie you ever did spy. Dinner at the Olde Pink House
Day 11: A tour around sunny Savannah and arriving at Perfect Palm Coast, Florida
Day 12: Pottering around Palm Coast - show homes, lunchtime cocktails and the European Village
Day 13: Seeing the sights of Sunny St Augustine. Plus an unexpectedly excellent Indian dinner
Day14: Palm Coast. A lazy beach day and superb seafood dinner
Day 15: Palm Coast. Washington Oaks Gardens State Park. And Yo Hala time.
Day 16. Palm Coast. Beach Belly Bobs, a very wet Daytona and a sunny Flagler Beach.
Day 17. Orlando shopping and Mannnys Chophouse.
Day 18. Arriving on the Gulf. Storm Nestor, AMI washout and Airbnb House of Horror Bradenton
Day 19. Cosmos and Clean Rooms. The Wyndham Grand saves the holiday
Day 20. Clear Sky, cocktails and Crabby Bills. Clearwater Beach
Day 21. Shopping at Ellenton and sunset in Dunedin.
Day 22. Sunshine, Longhorn steaks and lazing at the Wyndham
Day 23. Sad faces. Little Toot, Norwegian , Coming home and our future plans.

Oh yes and I am posting here as its predominantly Florida but I will link the out of state days in the General Trippie section too.

Edited at 06:22 PM.
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 19, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
kateh134
Imagineer

Sounds fabulous! We usually have detailed plans for our trips, but didn’t last time and it was very liberating. Enjoy!
Old 14 Sep 19, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
yellowrose78
VIP Dibber

yellowrose78's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

Sounds brilliant Amanda, looking forward to reading this x

Movieland Hotel IDrive - 2002 / POR - 2012 / 3 Weeks at OKW - 2014 / Villa at Highlands Reserve - 2016 / New York and Orlando - 2018 / Caribbean Cruise MSC Seaside - June 2019 / Orlando Covid cancelled 2020 and 2021 / Planning for Orlando 2024
yellowrose78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 19, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Yay, you started. Having an index is a good start, right? You made me laugh about the light fitting growing out of your head, I do hope it doesn't have to be surgically removed

How fab that you're going back to New Orleans, it seems to be a place that has taken hold in your heart. Lots of new places as well, some I've never heard of so it will be interesting to read along.

Never mind finishing the plan, get the pre-trip posted instead

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 07:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Wow this is going to be an epic trip. I'm glad that you've admitted the truth to both yourself and to us that you've not done a proper plan although for someone with no plans it looks like you're cramming in quite a lot.

I hope no other light fittings attach themselves to parts of your anatomy. I laughed at that part too

I'm really looking forward to seeing more of NOLA, have a total blast. I think you deserve it.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 08:12 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

pre trip link added.
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 08:18 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by kateh134 View Post
Sounds fabulous! We usually have detailed plans for our trips, but didn’t last time and it was very liberating. Enjoy!
Thank you. Yes it is liberating but a teeny bit terrifying as we do rather like a plan

Originally Posted by yellowrose78 View Post
Sounds brilliant Amanda, looking forward to reading this x
Thank you x

Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
Yay, you started. Having an index is a good start, right? You made me laugh about the light fitting growing out of your head, I do hope it doesn't have to be surgically removed

How fab that you're going back to New Orleans, it seems to be a place that has taken hold in your heart. Lots of new places as well, some I've never heard of so it will be interesting to read along.

Never mind finishing the plan, get the pre-trip posted instead
Lynda I just can’t master this selfie business . That was after umpteen shots of the clock 🤦
We do love New Orleans. It’s just so laid back. Instantly relaxing and just so “us”. I’m drawing up my cocktail list never mind the rest of the plan

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Wow this is going to be an epic trip. I'm glad that you've admitted the truth to both yourself and to us that you've not done a proper plan although for someone with no plans it looks like you're cramming in quite a lot.

I hope no other light fittings attach themselves to parts of your anatomy. I laughed at that part too

I'm really looking forward to seeing more of NOLA, have a total blast. I think you deserve it.
Ha ha Abby, we are looking forward to it. It still has that air of randomness on some days. Like day 18 when we just can’t decide whether to head back to Orlando or not. Life on the edge huh.
I am excited now for all the yummy food and drink and new places
Old 11 Oct 19, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

Yay, sounds like you are well and back with a vengeance!
Have a great trip and looking forward to the report
Need all your NOLA tips as we are there pre cruise in 2021!
And the deep south is planned for 2022!
Sandie xxxx
Twentyyears is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 19, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by Twentyyears View Post
Yay, sounds like you are well and back with a vengeance!
Have a great trip and looking forward to the report
Need all your NOLA tips as we are there pre cruise in 2021!
And the deep south is planned for 2022!
Sandie xxxx
Ah thanks.
Well it didn’t quite turn out like the plan, but it was still fab. And New Orleans was third time a charm. It never disappoints us !
Unlike our Airbnb
Liking the sound of those upcoming trips
Old 4 Nov 19, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Pre Travel Day added