Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 4 Feb 21, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by JoS View Post
Good thing about being "older" they dont even try to give us the girl show leaflets! lol My husband is obviously too old for that sort of thing!
We love Vegas, and have been many many times. We should have been there now. Have a booking for December, then February, so fingers crossed. Love it for all of the reasons stated and the free drinks while gambling!
Should have been there last august and now booked for this august . It’s a rollercoaster waiting to see if it will go ahead or not!
The drinks thing is great but I feel so sorry when I see them get no tips or a tiny tip, some people or new visitors don’t realise it’s a large part of their wages !
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 21, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
pritch
Apprentice Imagineer

pritch's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
why not combine it with a trip to LAX and do Anaheim area Disney, or knots berry farm, only 4 hour drive, and its a great scenic route.

loads to do in Vegas on the strip in the old town, national parks, getting boat for the day on lake mead, grand canyon and tons more,

been over 20 times ( lots with work) and its a must do
top tip an hotel room is a hotel room, you can wander around all the hotels except accommodation areas

never gambled a dollar!
Liki Tiki Resort Kissimee 09, Homewood Suites 10 Disneyland Anaheim 11. Coco Key I drive 12. AKL Arusha view 16. Ramada Maingate Kissimee 16, Disney All Star Music 16 Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando 14/16/18/19/22 Serlago suites kissimmee 16 /22 Continental plaza i drive 16 Wakuhula Suites cocoa beach 16. International Palms cocoa beach 14/18/22, Hilton Cocoa Beach 08. Disney Dolphin 18

Edited at 06:38 PM.
pritch is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 21, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

Love Las Vegas, went three times leading up to COVID but think we’ve been seven times in total. Love the attractions close to and further than the immediate Strip area, bars, restaurants and 24/7 party element. We’ve only gambled $40 total in all those visits and half of that was at my sisters request to put ‘$20 on red’ 😂
Old 4 Feb 21, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mobys mum View Post
Since I discovered a vlog "Dale mackenzie's Las vegas inside & out " I've really wanted to go ...
Originally started watching as thought Vegas is a must do at least once and wanted some info on the hotels. where to stay...now its part of my weekly routine
just a lovely guy and his wife Paula
The kids rib me about it..."oh no..! not watching Dale again!?"
the first thing I watched was their episode on Hotel New York... byt they cover lots of interesting things off strip..valley of fire, Bolder city, red rock, Fremont St...
Thank you for suggesting these videos from Dale. Been watching some this afternoon and will watch some more tonight. I love them! Just watched the Ballys one. We have stayed there before and loved it. We have it booked for Christmas. We are paying $10 pn. We are Caesars diamond members so dont pay the resort fee, so a very cheap stay for us. We are going to watch the ones where they travel further afield as we like to have a little stay at some where else for a few days Thanks.
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 21, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by FizzyWhip View Post
Should have been there last august and now booked for this august . It’s a rollercoaster waiting to see if it will go ahead or not!
The drinks thing is great but I feel so sorry when I see them get no tips or a tiny tip, some people or new visitors don’t realise it’s a large part of their wages !
Yes we tip reasonably well. One of the benefits of that is the cocktail waitress tends to come back around a lot more often, as well. Really hope your August trip goes ahead.
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 21, 11:16 PM  
Link to this Post

Yes we tip reasonably well. One of the benefits of that is the cocktail waitress tends to come back around a lot more often, as well. Really hope your August trip goes ahead.
Oh yes , they are definitely more attentive !
Thank you 😊
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 21, 12:17 AM  
Link to this Post
taffs travels
VIP Dibber

We have been once in 2009 and would love to go back. we looked at flights before covid started and they were very reasonable but the resort fee in the hotels put us off. They wanted $50 per night room fee plus $100 per night refundable deposit/security fee so that put us off somewhat.
taffs travels is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 21, 01:17 AM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by taffs travels View Post
We have been once in 2009 and would love to go back. we looked at flights before covid started and they were very reasonable but the resort fee in the hotels put us off. They wanted $50 per night room fee plus $100 per night refundable deposit/security fee so that put us off somewhat.
You can get some amazing deals on some great hotels. If you just add the resort fee into the price per night it’s still a good price for a very decent hotel. I don’t know at all what you mean by the $100 pn deposit/ security fee? I have never ever paid that. Where did you hear about that. I have stayed at most hotels on the strip and not heard of this. Do you mean the incidental hold on your CC maybe? That varies from hotel to hotel, but doesn’t even show up on your card unless you have damage to pay for the room.

Edited at 02:18 AM.
Old 5 Feb 21, 02:21 AM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

You can get some amazing deals on some great hotels. If you just add the resort fee into the price per night it’s still a good price for a very decent hotel. I don’t know at all what you mean by the $100 pn deposit/ security fee? I have never ever paid that. Where did you hear about that. I have stayed at most hotels on the strip and not heard of this. Do you mean the incidental hold on your CC maybe? That varies from hotel to hotel, but doesn’t even show up on your card unless you have damage to pay for the room.

We are paying $10 pn for December, at Bally’s. We are members of the reward program that anyone can join.

Edited at 02:23 AM.
Old 5 Feb 21, 08:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Cinderellas
Very Serious Dibber

We are paying $10 pn for December, at Bally’s. We are members of the reward program that anyone can join.
Sounds good, do you have a link to join the rewards programme?. Thanks 😊
Cinderellas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List