Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 5 Feb 21, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Vertigo
Excited about Disney

I Know there are a million threads on this on the Florida page... but...

I feel the need to post that I am feeling quietly confident that our October trip will go ahead and also not be too restrictive.

I am sure some restrictions will remain by then, but as the days go by i am more confident that Disney will re-open and get up to a decent capacity allowance in the summer.

I think downtown LA will be as open as normal - maybe masks indoors which i personally hate, but i comply.

Plus im now over 50, so will be jabbed by then!

That's all.

Have a nice day people.
Vertigo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 21, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
enjibenji
Imagineer

enjibenji's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We are heading that way 1st October and we all think it will go ahead 🙏😊
enjibenji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 21, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

I am heading that way 18 August, but won’t be visiting Disney. I think Universal may have restrictions. I think that Warner Bros will be pretty much ok. (We have one day in each).
The rest of the vacation, I expect no restrictions at all.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 21, 11:45 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Mobile

Warner Bros will struggle to even open if social distancing is still required as they put 8 people in a golf cart to take you around.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 21, 01:16 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by 400ixl View Post
Warner Bros will struggle to even open if social distancing is still required as they put 8 people in a golf cart to take you around.
They may cut it to one family group per cart .

They may not open at all.

If neither they or Universal are even open, then it will not greatly impact on the wider vacation. It will simply be a trip into the city and maybe a day on the beach.

There is always a plan B!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 01:25 AM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 21, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

I think mask wearing will be the norm in California, I was speaking its friends in Palm Springs yesterday - it appears California is going for a slow burn eg bars and food outlets are opening again (table service and masks plus eat a meal with a drink) but they want it slow so makes wearing (even when walking on the street) seems to be what they want until (whenever) - they are expecting it until a all/most have vaccine and that’s rolling out at a snails paces with many not having it . I will still visit when I can but not expecting to go to any works this year
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 21, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
LDISNEYFOX
Imagineer

I am booked for 23 September 5 nights Disneyland and then onto DisneyWorld for 14 nights. I really want to believe it will happen but can’t allow myself to get excited. I am worried about buying Disneyland park tickets and what if we can’t get in? I look at news on YouTube Vloggers and they say a tier system will be in place!

Don’t know to hold on and wait for rebook for March 2022. This trip has already been cancelled twice 😪😪😪

2012 WDW Mom's Panel Search Finalist
Sheraton Safari Jan 05 & Feb 08
Disney Port Orleans Nov 06, Jan 10, May 11, June 12, Oct 13, July 15, Aug 15, Nov 15, Feb 16, Aug 16 and Dec 17
LDISNEYFOX is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 21, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by LDISNEYFOX View Post
I am booked for 23 September 5 nights Disneyland and then onto DisneyWorld for 14 nights. I really want to believe it will happen but can’t allow myself to get excited. I am worried about buying Disneyland park tickets and what if we can’t get in? I look at news on YouTube Vloggers and they say a tier system will be in place!

Don’t know to hold on and wait for rebook for March 2022. This trip has already been cancelled twice 😪😪😪
I wouldn’t be booking Disneyland tickets for this year - certainly not for September. Hang on its a while off but even if it does open (currently the huge car park is a mass vaccination centre so couldn’t open until LA has had its jabs ... ) March 2022 seems a better bet to me
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 21, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
enjibenji
Imagineer

enjibenji's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We won't be doing any theme parks this time and we are not going to LA but will be visiting San Francisco and San Diego, apart from those it will be NPs and wide open spaces, I think mask wearing will still be happening but we will be eating and drinking mainly outdoors as hopefully the weather will be nice in october 🙏😊
enjibenji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 21, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I am still being positive about it all. Today I booked the Sky Room at the Madonna Inn after cancelling a budget option at San Simeon. (Refund if I cancel, of course).
I also cancelled our Hotel to the South of Monterey, changing to the Springhill Suites on the Dunes as there are 3 beds in the room and also a complimentary breakfast (and an 8 mile drive to the Monterey Wharfs car park).

Like others, I had to cancel last year, twice. August is 18 months on from the initial shut downs and if we are not up and running by then, I strongly suspect that many things never will reopen.

As I said, I just have the two park days slated and with 2 nights at the Universal Hilton. If the parks are not open, then whilst I will keep the Hotel, I will go for a plan b on entertainment.. possible a drive in Laurel Canyon (I love everything about the 1960s music scene) and a walk down the grotty walk of fame on one day and a trip to a beach on the other... Oceanside.

Edited at 11:37 AM.