Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 7 Apr 21, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Alison
Imagineer

The living desert museum in Palm Springs is really excellent and has areas dedicated to the different landscapes locally.
Princess Alison is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 21, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
nickyjw
Apprentice Imagineer

Thankyou, I’ll take a look at that x
nickyjw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 21, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Hi some of the info given on the last few pages may not be totally true to life. Palm Springs is one of the major golfing destinations in the US. 69/70 courses in a Small area. It will be in their high season as lots of people come from the northern states to spend time in the warmer climate. So bear this in mind for accommodation and travel
For interest look at google maps , it’s amazing how many there are
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 21, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Mobile

We did Joshua Tree NP and San Diego over Christmas/NY in 2017. I did a trip report (in my signature).

We spent 4 nights in JT and 8 nights in San Diego. The weather was glorious though it got cold in JT as soon as the sun went down.

It was a fabulous trip - we loved every minute of it!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 21, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
nickyjw
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by jdouds View Post
Hi some of the info given on the last few pages may not be totally true to life. Palm Springs is one of the major golfing destinations in the US. 69/70 courses in a Small area. It will be in their high season as lots of people come from the northern states to spend time in the warmer climate. So bear this in mind for accommodation and travel
For interest look at google maps , it’s amazing how many there are
Thanks I’ll have a look x
nickyjw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 21, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
nickyjw
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post
We did Joshua Tree NP and San Diego over Christmas/NY in 2017. I did a trip report (in my signature).

We spent 4 nights in JT and 8 nights in San Diego. The weather was glorious though it got cold in JT as soon as the sun went down.

Going to have a read now thankyou x
Old 10 Apr 21, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by nickyjw View Post
Going to have a read now thankyou x
It a good TR

I have spent over 20 New Year and one Christmas out there. Only had rain a few times and often warm and very sunny. Mountains get loads of snow so it makes it stunning. It is a quiet time as its “too cold” for many visitors (as I say I have seen ladies in fur coats when it was 20c looking me up and down as mad Englishman in Chinos and Polo !) - you will have an amazing time from sure just take it gently and you will get to see more !

Boxing Day view 2019 - snow (passes to PS were closed) and palm trees

New Year day view 2020 - day break

Edited at 12:00 PM.
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 21, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
nickyjw
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
It a good TR

I have spent over 20 New Year and one Christmas out there. Only had rain a few times and often warm and very sunny. Mountains get loads of snow so it makes it stunning. It is a quiet time as its “too cold” for many visitors (as I say I have seen ladies in fur coats when it was 20c looking me up and down as mad Englishman in Chinos and Polo !) - you will have an amazing time from sure just take it gently and you will get to see more !

Boxing Day view 2019 - snow (passes to PS were closed) and palm trees

New Year day view 2020 - day break
Lovely photos, thanks for sharing.
Does snow close the road to Palm Springs from Anaheim sometimes then? Is there a road from Palm Springs to San Diego which is better to use?
Old 10 Apr 21, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
nickyjw
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post

Read it this afternoon, great report. Thanks for sharing, I got many hints and tips x
Old 10 Apr 21, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by nickyjw View Post
Lovely photos, thanks for sharing.
Does snow close the road to Palm Springs from Anaheim sometimes then? Is there a road from Palm Springs to San Diego which is better to use?
Yes - the road to PS form LA/Anaheim is the same road i10 and it has to go over the mountains into PS and does occasionally get closed
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List