Notices

Old 13 Apr 21, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
lossieglen
slightly serious Dibber

My head hurts thinking about this.

Due to travel in July.

Both parents fully vaccinated (NHS nurses) but kids not at aged 16.

I just wonder what US will rule on requirements for admission for 16 year olds.

Then again should we go at all if kids (technically adults in this part of the UK) are not vaccinated.

Happy days.
Stay safe
Alternative staycation plans in diary.
lossieglen is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 21, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

I hope whatever you decide, it will be the correct decision for you.

If it were me, I would delay travel by 6-12 months, as my fundamental ethos as a parent was to ensure (within reason), the safety and security of my family unit.

For me, at this point in time, there is far too much uncertainty which only builds anxiety, not the gay abandon I require for a stress free holiday.

Disney332
Old 13 Apr 21, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

We are in the same boat as you.

Having said that, I believe that with precautions in place, my boys are no more or less likely to catch Covid in the U.K. than in the USA. It is hardly as if British Covid is better than US Covid.

Also, given the ages of my lads, from their own health viewpoint, I don’t greatly care if they do catch it (other than the financial cost that we may incur). It is highly, highly highly likely to be asymptomatic. Wife and I had it in May.

2005 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2015
2017 Panhandle purgatoryhttps://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1193744
2018 Californiahttps://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1072473
2019 Boston, NY, Dayton OH, Orlando, Naples.
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1137302
future...Arizona/Cali/Nevada 2021
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...4#post14647964
Toronto & Florida 2022. https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1197381
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 21, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
fluffychicken
VIP Dibber

My boys are 13 and 16, I think there just as likely to catch it at school.
fluffychicken is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 21, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

More likely to catch it in school than on holiday
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 21, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

123's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by ziggyzag View Post
More likely to catch it in school than on holiday
True but it isn't just about their likelihood of catching it...

They could be carrying Covid from the UK to the USA (but in early incubation so not detected on the departure test), taking a variant into the US that is not yet prevalent in that area. Or they could do it the other way too.

This is a whole community issue, not just a will my family be affected one.
123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 21, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 123 View Post
True but it isn't just about their likelihood of catching it...

They could be carrying Covid from the UK to the USA (but in early incubation so not detected on the departure test), taking a variant into the US that is not yet prevalent in that area. Or they could do it the other way too.

This is a whole community issue, not just a will my family be affected one.
All governments will be weighing up all of these risks and if they decide to open up then they will have factored in those chances.

There comes a point where we actually have to live the life we’ve been given, and accept that Covid is one in a long line of things we have to take calculated risks with - none of us are getting out of this alive, so at some point we need to get on and live while we can!
amy56 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 21, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

123's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by amy56 View Post
All governments will be weighing up all of these risks and if they decide to open up then they will have factored in those chances.

There comes a point where we actually have to live the life we’ve been given, and accept that Covid is one in a long line of things we have to take calculated risks with - none of us are getting out of this alive, so at some point we need to get on and live while we can!
Totally get your point, and I agree we have to at some point start to live again.

I was simply adding in the point that everyone else was missing, it isn't so much about the fact that you probably have more chance of contractign it at school, but that on a "bigger stage" it's about not introducing unknown/different variants into a location that currently hasn't got them in circulation
123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 21, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyHaunt13
Helping Mickey

Originally Posted by 123 View Post
Totally get your point, and I agree we have to at some point start to live again.

I was simply adding in the point that everyone else was missing, it isn't so much about the fact that you probably have more chance of contractign it at school, but that on a "bigger stage" it's about not introducing unknown/different variants into a location that currently hasn't got them in circulation

But that is exactly why testing will be in place before and after travel, to avoid this.
HappyHaunt13 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 21, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

Had a work email this morning to say that any future quarantine following an overseas holiday would have to be taken at our own expense (I.e unpaid) given that we know the possibility that it may be a requirement when making such a trip.
MarkUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List