Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 26 Apr 21, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Slore
Very Serious Dibber

Glasses on Rides

I wondered what everyone did with glasses on rides and coasters? I think most rides at Disney would be fine but I’m thinking the more intense rides that do not permit loose articles.

I can’t wear contact lenses otherwise that would make things easier and especially at Universal, having to put glasses in a locker before actually queuing would really not be pleasant for me.

I’ve seen some straps before but do they actually work?

Also, any water park tips?

Edited at 04:24 PM.
Slore is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 21, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
I’ve always just worn my glasses. They haven’t ever moved. Saying that I don’t do rip ride rocket or the Hulk. But I do Everest / both the Hp rides / rock n roller coaster etc.
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 21, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Derbydave4
Excited about Disney

I use the straps that go round the back of your head and are adjustable so I just tighten them a bit when I do the rides and have done all the big rides including Hulk & Rip Ride Rocket without a problem

I have used them at the water parks but at Universal they would not let me wear them on the big drop slides
If you are going to use them at the water parks make sure you order the straps that float, as I found out a couple of years ago to my cost when they came off and sank to the bottom of the pool Fortunately it was early opening for hotel guests and because it was really quiet the lifeguard dived down and retrieved them for me

Edited at 06:45 PM.
Derbydave4 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 21, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
clyde106
Earning More Ears

Universal lets you ride rollercoasters with glasses even when you aren't allowed loose articles. I'd be worried about them flying off though, especially with the new Velocicoaster opening. You can get a strap that holds them on

Disney lets you ride with them on too but I can't think of any rides where this would be too much of an issue apart from rock n rollercoaster
clyde106 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 21, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Slore
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Derbydave4 View Post
I use the straps that go round the back of your head and are adjustable so I just tighten them a bit when I do the rides and have done all the big rides including Hulk & Rip Ride Rocket without a problem
I definitely need to invest in one of these. Do you have any suggestions?
Slore is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 21, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Derbydave4
Excited about Disney

I have the Edison and King ones from Amazon Bright Yellow £8.00 for a pack of 2 Not the cheapest but comfortable and definitely float.
I bought cheaper ones before I got these only to find they didn’t float once you attached the glasses
Derbydave4 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 21, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Helen J
Imagineer

You need some like these, any of the ones with a rubber end, they really grip the arms of your glasses.

amazon/Aurorali-Su...c-f9d4a520a3d8

Don't buy the neoprene ones, they don't hold the arms secure enough.
Old 26 Apr 21, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
ali-s
VIP Dibber

I use the cords with little rubber loops. I tie the cord quite tight and my glasses never budge. Went to Alton towers last week, did all the coasters wearing my glasses.
Mexico 2010, Easter in Mexico Trip Index
ESD Pointe Orlando, Palm Pavilion Clearwater, RPR August 2012
Costa Rica July 2015 Pura Vida! trip report
South Africa 2017 trip report
ali-s is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 21, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
youre-nicked
VIP Dibber

Might get a floaty strap as theres nothing worse than flying out of the Hulk tunnel into the light and not seeing anything for a couple of seconds due to the dazzle

Also dropped my Oakleys in the deepest part of the lazy river at DC, must have stayed there 5 minutes trying to find them and another 5 trying to retrieve them
Old 27 Apr 21, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Mobile

I’ve never had a problem wearing glasses on any ride - would never even occur to me that it would be an issue!
I’ve ridden everything at Disney and most at Universal (including Hulk, Duelling Dragons before it went) with no issues at all

Duchess Adventures! - Trip report index
Melanie R is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List