Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 29 Apr 21, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Air Canada suddenly decided to refund, yay

I had to cancel a planned Air Canada flight (internal in Canada) and my only choice was to take a voucher.

Today I got an email, they are refunding vouchers so I applied and should be refunded in the next 10 days.

Yay
munmun is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 21, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by munmun View Post
I had to cancel a planned Air Canada flight (internal in Canada) and my only choice was to take a voucher.

Today I got an email, they are refunding vouchers so I applied and should be refunded in the next 10 days.

Yay
That’s great I’m still trying to get a refund for my BA flights, I have got in touch with ABTA to see if they can help. Im so pleased for you xx
Old 29 Apr 21, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
That’s great I’m still trying to get a refund for my BA flights, I have got in touch with ABTA to see if they can help. Im so pleased for you xx
I think maybe the government in Canada has instructed them.
munmun is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 21, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
anji
VIP Dibber

This is interesting to read. We're with Air Canada for Vancouver on 23 August - rearranged from last September. We had a voucher to rearrange as it was non-refundable and obviously thought it would be ok for this year! Hopefully we can still go but otherwise will go for the refund if we can. When were you due to fly?

Index to all trip reports here https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...3#post15913083
Seattle to San Francisco
Road Trip Florida 2017
New England Road Trip 2019
Florida Road Trip 2022
Canada/Pacific NW Road Trip 2022
Cyprus Chill week May 2023
Road Trip California & Arizona 2023
anji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 21, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

We were due to fly Montreal to Nova Scotia in September 2000. We had non refundable tickets and were given a voucher. Suddenly an email arrived asking us if we want a refund.
Old 5 May 21, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

The Canadian Government has given AC nearly 6 billion in aid to help with refunds etc. Glad you got yours
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 21, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post
anji
VIP Dibber

Had my email today offering the refund for last year's flight. We've already cashed in the voucher for rearranging to this year, but encouraging in case same happens again. Hope not!

Index to all trip reports here https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...3#post15913083
Seattle to San Francisco
Road Trip Florida 2017
New England Road Trip 2019
Florida Road Trip 2022
Canada/Pacific NW Road Trip 2022
Cyprus Chill week May 2023
Road Trip California & Arizona 2023
anji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 21, 08:07 AM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

AC is renowned for being so customer unfriendly they refused any help to start with forcing the Government to help them out because of the bad fallout worldwide. We have to fly with them every February as we do an internal flight from Montreal to a Canadian airforce base & should we be snowbound if your not booked on an international onward flight on AC then forget any help from them whatsoever!
So glad you got offered & took the refund, advise anyone else offered to take the refund immediately.
Old 7 May 21, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

We fly AC a lot and mostly in the winter months, and have had cancelled flights due to weather. Are you saying they will not re book your original missed flight , or will not re book you on your next international flight if its not with AC? Thanks. Not sure what you are saying.
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List