Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 1 May 21, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Busyb View Post
Do people actually steal prams at Disney?
It’s rare, very rare. There’s literally thousands and thousands of pounds of strollers lined up. And A LOT of baby joggers, which are worth like £500 a throw for the doubles and there’s hundreds of them. I personally wouldn’t over worry about it. I guess it can but it’s not common - I wouldn’t leave valuables on them.
2012 - Sept The 'anniversary trip' SSR. - 2013 - October the bonus trip to POR
2015 - 20th trip!September WLV first trip with DD!
2017 - Sept Poly first trip with two toddlers!
2018 - May AKV & POR the last before school trip.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2022 - April Poly, SSR, WLV
2023 - POFQ & AKL
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 21, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
steph206
VIP Dibber

It's does happen but not very often. I guess it's hard to hide that in your bag, making it highly likely that any theft would be clear as day on CCTV.

Just don't leave valuables unattended, which is common sense of course.
HONEYMOON 2016 - Oasis of the Seas / Orlando, Nov 2017, July 2018/2019, Dec 2022, July 2023
steph206 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 21, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
LIZH
Imagineer

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
If you are staying in a Villa check with the owners before buying or renting I'm sure we are not the only ones with a selection of buggies for our guests to use.
We seem to have collection of buggy’s, it grows every year😀
LIZH is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 21, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
a11mark
Imagineer

a11mark's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
We got a cheap little one before we left. Something like £60, you want something they can sleep in and adjust to lay down and cover. Its rubbish for everyday use but did the job for 2 weeks.

Another tip, when you park your stroller in the designated area, dont be surprised when you come off a ride that a cast member might have moved it, so they can get more prams in. I bought a tile. Its a Bluetooth fob you can track and ring, I just hid it in the pram and would ring it if I couldn't find the pram, really handy.

Also make sure of the baby care centres in all the disney parks. Great area to feed/change your child with air-conditioning

Edited at 01:28 PM.
a11mark is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 21, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDante
Trainee Dibber

Originally Posted by a11mark View Post
I bought a tile. Its a Bluetooth fob you can track and ring, I just hid it in the pram and would ring it if I couldn't find the pram, really handy.
This is an amazing tip!
DisneyDante is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 21, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

we've done several trips with a cheaper umbrella fold stroller as I didn't want to risk our decent one getting damaged on the flight which we have had happen before though thankfully on the return trip as it was unusable with part of the wheel snapped off

I find the umbrella fold is much easier for transportation esp if using the disney buses where you have to fold it down and hold it.

I would recommend getting a stroller bag to put it in at the gate to reduce the chance of damage and keep it clean as they aren't fussy about throwing them around.
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 21, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
BigSkip
Imagineer

Don't leave food in your stroller - the squirrels will get it.
BigSkip is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 21, 08:03 AM  
Link to this Post
nothingless
Very Serious Dibber

We've done both; taken our one and rented one in FL. The year we took our own, my daughter was 2.5 and it was such a hassle. The stroller didn't fit into the bag that well, so it was really awkward and difficult to zip it up, and it was just more luggage to drag to and from the car at our home airport. And to add insult to injury, she barely sat in it going through the airports (where I thought we'd really needed it!), much preferring to walk, explore, and sit on daddy's shoulders.

So the next year we left our stroller at home and just decided to wing it through the airports (indirect flights both there and back with a few hours to kill in Newark and Dulles), and instead rented from Kingdom Strollers who have a desk at MCO for stroller pickup. This was much better, less hassle for us, she was walking/shoulder sitting anyway, and the airport stroller pickup was a breeze. I know it's different for everyone, but I wouldn't bring my own stroller again, it was just too much hassle haha!
nothingless is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 21, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
kirstygary765
Proud to wear my Ears

Another one here for buying when you get there IMO

We had 2yr old and the whole kit and kaboodle in 2019, Hauck buggy, car seat etc and it was a nightmare. Remember at MCO you have to leave the luggage before boarding the monorail. I never realised this, so my wife had the wee one in the pram and all the hand luggage and baby bag etc. I had to humph to suitcases and a car seat until we got through to the other side.

You can get these backpack car seats which are handy and just buy the buggy in walmart. That's what we will be doing this time next year with another 2 yr old!
Old 21 Jun 21, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
mental4ever
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Busyb View Post
Do people actually steal pushchairs at Disney?

Yes they do. My granddaughter was 5 years old when she first went to WDW. Bought a new stroller in Walmart when we arrived and this was taken on the first time while on a ride in MK.

Luckily had a note from a Cast Member on the date it was stolen and receipt for purchase and was told to go to ‘Lost & Found’ by Transportation Offices then next day. They went and took their pick of the pushchairs that had been handed in.

It was their original intention to leave it behind for someone else to use when we left.
Universal Aug/Sept 2023.
BWV & Universal Feb & May 2024. BWV Jan 2025.
mental4ever is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List