Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 2 May 21, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireRose
Proud to wear my Ears

Universal Studios December - Fastpass essential?

So, having never done Universal would you say fastpasses are essential? We're planning on doing 2 days around 20th December.

I get that this year is a bit of an unknown to judge crowds/capacity, but if it's anything like Disney at Christmas I wouldn't consider it without fastpass.

Interested to see your responses
YorkshireRose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 21, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Essential - no. Very nice to have to make sure you get on all the rides without stressing - definitely yeah.

Edited at 11:21 PM.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 21, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Fast passes won't be any good in universal!

That time of year will be very busy so consider staying a night at one of the three premium hotels to get two days of express passes.
Old 3 May 21, 08:15 AM  
Link to this Post
youre-nicked
VIP Dibber

Weve been there at that time (without FP's) and whilst very busy it was manageable, make full use of the Universal app and plan around the current wait times.

We also did all of the water rides as us Northerners are a bit daft and there were no queues for them
Old 3 May 21, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

I hesitate to say something is essential as obviously it isn’t, there is the option of queuing. I haven’t been in December, but have been at times of year generally considered quiet and I still would hate to be there without express pass, I have a very low tolerance to queuing.
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 21, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireRose
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by lizzie145 View Post
Fast passes won't be any good in universal!

That time of year will be very busy so consider staying a night at one of the three premium hotels to get two days of express passes.
Hahaha I meant express pass lol - yep I've booked a night at hard rock (free cancellation) don't think we want to risk not getting on everything
YorkshireRose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 21, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireRose
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by youre-nicked View Post
Weve been there at that time (without FP's) and whilst very busy it was manageable, make full use of the Universal app and plan around the current wait times.

We also did all of the water rides as us Northerners are a bit daft and there were no queues for them
I'm just thinking even if not back to 'normal' crowd levels its Christmas so obviously will be hectic. Everyone thinks we're slightly mad braving the water parks in December - but to us its warm enough lol
Old 3 May 21, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
DorsetSeasider
Proud to wear my Ears

As previously mentioned, book a room in one of the premium hotels for 4 people and you get fast passes for the day you check in and out included, much cheaper and up to you if you use the room.
DorsetSeasider is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 21, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireRose
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I hesitate to say something is essential as obviously it isn’t, there is the option of queuing. I haven’t been in December, but have been at times of year generally considered quiet and I still would hate to be there without express pass, I have a very low tolerance to queuing.
I don't mind waiting for a few rides, but also don't want to feel pressured to get everything in as we're only there 2 days. Spending all day queueing could spoil the experience.
Old 3 May 21, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireRose
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post
Essential - no. Very nice to have to make sure you get on all the rides without stressing - definitely yeah.
I guess the only way to guarantee we get on everything is to have the express passes. Cheers