Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 9 May 21, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Brob
First POST

Moving holiday from August 2021

We're due to fly in August this year with two kids under 7.

Obviously, the experience isn't going to be the same and we're looking at moving to August 2022.

We're concerned with masks for the kids, no meeting the characters, restrictions on rides and experiences, and generally not being as magic as the kids' first trip.

So, has anyone done this, did they feel better about moving their holiday, was the process of moving straightforward?

TIA
Brob is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 21, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Brob View Post
We're due to fly in August this year with two kids under 7.

Obviously, the experience isn't going to be the same and we're looking at moving to August 2022.

We're concerned with masks for the kids, no meeting the characters, restrictions on rides and experiences, and generally not being as magic as the kids' first trip.

So, has anyone done this, did they feel better about moving their holiday, was the process of moving straightforward?

TIA
We are due to go at the end of July, having moved it from last year. Our kids are older and it’s not our first trip so the things that you mentioned are not deal breakers for us. We’re holding on to the possibility that we get to go as long as possible. 😅
As it’s the first trip for your kids, I understand your hesitancy. If it’s easy to move without losing a lot of money, then I’d consider it but bear in mind next year is likely to be high in demand due to people ( like me) who moved their holiday from 2020, plus all the people who have moved from 2021, plus all the people planning on going in 2022 anyway. So prices are likely to be higher and it’s likely to be busy.

Good luck with your decision.👍🏻
Rac20 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 21, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I moved from Aug 20, to Feb 21, to Aug 21 and now Aug 22. My kids are teens but we all agreed that we wouldn't enjoy it with the restrictions there are now so we have everything crossed for things in 2022. With 7 year olds, where characters, parades, meet & greets would be totally different to your first trip, then yes I would change to next year, if you are able to.

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 21, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
staceyb
Apprentice Imagineer

Our children have been since being babies and have always been to Disney. They are now 16,12,12,10,9 and 20mths and to be honest we weren't planning to do Disney this time only discovery cove,seaworld and auquatica. We were always planning a more relaxed trip with visiting the local springs and the beaches so if we can go then we will still go but I understand those with children who are planning to postpone. If we were doing Disney then we would be postponing until next year to. The children wouldn't cope with masks all day in the parks every day in that heat. I can imagine though it would be more expensive due to demand x
staceyb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 21, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
CCFCRJ
Very Serious Dibber

We did the same. Have a 2 and 6 year old. In the end it was just too many issues - masks, reduced disney experience, testing, queues at arrivals. For young children just felt it would be too much so we changed to 2022. To be honest since we did it have felt much better, less will we/ won't we go!
CCFCRJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 21, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Maddox
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

We moved last year to this year for end of July but decided the end of March sadly even if we got there the stress of will we won't we get there, and also it would not be the holiday we wanted we postponed again to July 2022. After cancelling I did feel a sense of relief and took me a few weeks to decide what to do, so now we are booked for July 2022 just waiting for flights to be released end of August everything else booked and now delighted to be in full planning mode again.
Maddox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 21, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
rafjen
Apprentice Imagineer

rafjen's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I would move if this is going to be your one big trip. We are still hopeful for August but masks outdoors will be our deal breaker- there is no way my kids will manage those. We prob could do indoor masks but we will need to modify how we tour- no long queues etc. We will miss the parades, fireworks and characters but we will go again and have been before so not deal breakers.
rafjen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 21, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
JimmyCricket
Excited about Disney

Our son is 10 and we have been a couple of times to Disney since he was 7 and have done Florida without Disney a couple of times also.
My personal opinion is you would be much better moving it. We are due to go in October albeit just doing beach resorts however I would not contemplate Disney until things are more normal especially if first time
I have moved our Disney trip from Aug 20 now to Aug 22
Good luck whatever you decide
JimmyCricket is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 21, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Pascaltimon
Excited about Disney

We like you have moved May 2020 to MAY 2021 and in Feb we moved again to May 2022 its our first once in a lifetime trip for us and i want to see the smiles on my kids faces without masks. Also with us already taking the girls out of school for 2 weeks we wouldn't be able to quarantine etc
Pascaltimon is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 21, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
HolidaySi
Excited about Disney

We also have August booked, moved from last year. Our balance is due early June but we will be moving to Aug 2022 - can the resort (POFQ) booking be moved over for free? They didn’t charge last year.
Thanks
HolidaySi is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List