Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 9 May 21, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post
I was just going to ask the same 😂

Anyone know if they kids need to know how to swim? They were going to lessons before covid but I cancelled it when everything happened and I haven’t even thought about them going back.
My youngest was around 7 when he did the Dolphin swim... and was a non swimmer at the time.

Whilst the swimmers go out about 20yds and tread water until their Dolphin arrives, Non swimmers walk about 10 metres until standing in roughly chest deep water. He got the same experience as the swimmers, but in shallow water.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 21, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
youre-nicked
VIP Dibber

Dc is the best day ever, we book it on a weekend as the other parks tend to get busy and with Dc only having a set number of guests its nice.

We did it crimbo day in 2019 and was such a nice way to spend the day.

We went in 2014 and all did the dolphin swim which was brilliant, then in 2017 and 2019 didnt do the swim, I love waiting until the end of the day when the swims are all over and just sit near to the waters edge and watch the dolphins messng around, usually they spot me and come in really close and I end up just chatting to them.

Im also happy to just sit in the ray pool up to my neck and just watch everything swim by.

Booked it for next year and this time the kids are doing the swim again.

The best price I saw in last years black friday deals was $777 (£560 ish) Non swim for 5 people, that price was advertised as a black friday deal on the 16th November 2020, that was direct with Dc. This included SW,AQ &BG.

On the same date Attraction tickets wanted £760.

On the 21st January 2021(apparent Jan sale) DC direct wanted $1195 (£845 ish) for the 5 of us with the same tickets that included SW,AQ &BG.

Can you tell I keep a spreadsheet?
Old 10 May 21, 08:36 AM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

We bought tickets with ATD on black friday last year to go in October next year they were £131 each with the dolphin swim
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 21, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
stupet11
Imagineer

Love DC. Done pretty much every year we have been, about 10 times.

Best deals have been varied, just check out the usual agencies and also direct with DC. Sometimes a pass including SW and AQ too is cheaper, and sometimes a dolphin swim package is cheaper than a non-swim - so it's pretty random.

If doing the other parks we try and pop into DC and get our paper passes turned into credit card style passes with lanyards. Avoid doing this early in morning or you get in queue with day guests, but it's handier having the cards and speeds up your entry on the day itself you go to DC.

We get the early - sometimes pools are not open, but we have an early bfast, get your DC snoorkel, mask, westuit/vest, suncream up, and we are aobut ready to go.

This means we can have an early lunch, and a late lunch / early tea (I think food stops about 3pm). So no need to eat anywhere else that day - we are usually too tired anyway - it's hard work all that relaxing, eating and drinking.

We don't bother grabbing sunbeds, we just move around the park and grab seats near where we are or at bars. We have had a cabana, nice, but really not needed or worth the money, unless anyone in your party really needs a guaranteed place to rest.

We have done dolphin swim twice, only did the 2nd time as had parent with us who hadn't done it. It's good - but we didn't see need ot do it again...when we had a deal that was cheaper with the swim than without, our kids were not fussed about doing the swim... although that one got cancelled in 2020, so maybe they would have changed their mind. Sea venture was good, and I think they have a shark experience now too...

Enjoy!
2012 Fairfield Inn IDrive 2013 Highland Reserve 2014 Old Key West 2015 Old Key West / Fantasy World 2016 New York / Cypress Pointe 2016 Cane Island 2017 Old Key West 2018 Port Orleans Riverside 2019 Keys / Cruise / Rosen Inn IDrive 2022 Port Orleans Riverside 2023 Idrive / Cruise 2023 Universal Dockside
stupet11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 21, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Willeve
Imagineer

We love DC and Aquatica. Just rethinking August trip and planning to drop Universal for DC,etc. The price difference is quite big for 4 of us, and I’ll swap to a Seaworld hotel(any recommendations?) from a more expensive US one.
Willeve is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 21, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

We bought the Discovery Cove Ultimate ticket with dolphin swim , 14 days unlimited access to Seaworld, Aquatica and Busch gdns with free parking for £136 p.p. Bought them direct from DC on black-friday last year to go October this year. Hopefully will get to use them.
Loobylou_82 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 21, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Buzz242
Very Serious Dibber

We’ve been to DC many times but only booked the dolphin swim twice, as others have said it’s such a lovely park and definitely our favourite day of the holiday.
The first dolphin swim we did was when DS2 was 6, he was a good swimmer but was advised to wear a life jacket as he wanted the deep water swim.
We have booked direct with DC a few times but also with ATD, AA and Floridatix in the past depending on price.
Buzz242 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 21, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

Loved discovery cove in 2019,didnt do dolphin swim though.We bought tickets for august this year for £100 each including seaworld/aquatica/busch gardens.
nadya is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 21, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Elmhurst 5
Apprentice Imagineer

Im probably going to have a few people who dont like my post, but ... I know, each to their own etc. The more people that dont book a swim with Dolphins or any attraction that involves using these beautiful captive marine mammals for entertainment the sooner these attractions will close.
Elmhurst 5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 21, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by CJC View Post
Please can you confirm how much the last Black Friday deal cost? Not sure whether to book now or wait until this years Black Friday.
Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post
I was just going to ask the same 😂

Anyone know if they kids need to know how to swim? They were going to lessons before covid but I cancelled it when everything happened and I haven’t even thought about them going back.
Sorry just seen this!

Just looked through my book, and it was £600 for 4 adults (kids are teenagers). We booked the DC Ultimate's with SW/BG and Aquatitca. If I booked them today they would cost £712. This is for 27th August 2022 and is the non dolphin swim as we've already done that so happy to just go and enjoy the day at DC x

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List