Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 27 Dec 17, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
kaip
slightly serious Dibber

megabus are timing it at hour 25 minutes
Old 27 Dec 17, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
johnny1352
Imagineer

johnny1352's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by kaip View Post
but seriously i'd be putting in a complaint against the sales rep you booked it with
I have been on the phone 3 times today and BA's stance is its over 3 hours so there is no problem as that is what they allow between the 2 airports. I have tried to reason with them in relation to rush hour traffic etc and they won't budge at all. Last sales rep said they would lower the fee to £110 per person as that would be the cancellation fee then another £40 to put us another flight.so a grand total of £700ish . no one at BA sees any issue with the connection time and they all think it is very doable
Old 27 Dec 17, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
99plums
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by johnny1352 View Post
I have been on the phone 3 times today and BA's stance is its over 3 hours so there is no problem as that is what they allow between the 2 airports. I have tried to reason with them in relation to rush hour traffic etc and they won't budge at all. Last sales rep said they would lower the fee to £110 per person as that would be the cancellation fee then another £40 to put us another flight.so a grand total of £700ish . no one at BA sees any issue with the connection time and they all think it is very doable
Such extortionate fees for very little work on their part. Surely the £40 to put you on another flight would be sufficient, it’s a minutes work on a pc.
Hope you get it sorted Johnny.
99plums is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 17, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
johnny1352
Imagineer

johnny1352's Reviews
Originally Posted by 99plums View Post
Such extortionate fees for very little work on their part. Surely the £40 to put you on another flight would be sufficient, it’s a minutes work on a pc.
Hope you get it sorted Johnny.
Thanks. Ba are a joke now wanting 890 to change the flight over for five persons. Their customer service is a joke.
Old 27 Dec 17, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
We used ba transfers. Unfortunately they were late collecting us. We had 4 hours on the return journey (9:40-13:30) and even with an hour waiting for the taxi it was plenty of time.

I’d think about tweaking the outbound if possible but on the return if you do miss the connection it’s not such a disaster.

Could you travel down the night before or will they charge an extortionate amount for that change?

Edited at 07:03 PM.
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 17, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
chapea
Getting Excited

Hi we have done this exact route a few times last time in August and had plenty of time. We had roadworks on the first morning transfer
LHR to Gatwick and still did it in an hour with BA transfers

Only problem I think is if there are any accidents which no one can predict. We had a problem with special assistance meaning we were one of the last at the baggage carousel as well.
chapea is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 18, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
kevbrydon
VIP Dibber

kevbrydon's Reviews
Hi Johnny...seem just doable to me but I have never done that transfer... I suggest you book the official BA transfers then if any problems do arise they will put you on the later flight hopefully.. and if it does go wrong you're claim will be for a failure on a official transfer provided by BA not a 3rd party like National Express or a Taxi ride...
Old 9 Jan 18, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
johnny1352
Imagineer

johnny1352's Reviews
Originally Posted by kevbrydon View Post
Hi Johnny...seem just doable to me but I have never done that transfer... I suggest you book the official BA transfers then if any problems do arise they will put you on the later flight hopefully.. and if it does go wrong you're claim will be for a failure on a official transfer provided by BA not a 3rd party like National Express or a Taxi ride...
Hi kev. Aye we have now changed the flight to going out with aer Lingus and clear immigration at Dublin. Last person we spoke to at ba agreed it was tight but their official policy is three hours between landing at lhr and takeoff at Gatwick. He came back with no flight cost change and an adjustment fee of £110 pp. still puts flights and universal hotel at £1150 each so not a bad price at half term in October. We have 3 hrs 45 mins on way back at 6am on a Sunday morning so this should be plenty of time. I still can’t understand why ba don’t fly into Gatwick from Newcastle tho
Old 9 Jan 18, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
kevbrydon
VIP Dibber

kevbrydon's Reviews
£1150 each still a canny price mate... Ye we were gutted they stopped flying to LGW many moons ago and we tend to fly to Miami from Newcastle via LHR and it works out fine for us as we do a cruise 1st week then DVC 2nd week.. usually have to get off cruise around 9am then have a leisurely drive up to Orlando stopping for lunch for DVC then you get kicked out accommodation 11am so a leisurely drive down again stopping for lunch Ha Ha...
Old 9 Jan 18, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
johnny1352
Imagineer

johnny1352's Reviews
Originally Posted by kevbrydon View Post
£1150 each still a canny price mate... Ye we were gutted they stopped flying to LGW many moons ago and we tend to fly to Miami from Newcastle via LHR and it works out fine for us as we do a cruise 1st week then DVC 2nd week.. usually have to get off cruise around 9am then have a leisurely drive up to Orlando stopping for lunch for DVC then you get kicked out accommodation 11am so a leisurely drive down again stopping for lunch Ha Ha...
Aye Kev we are restricted this year tho by school
Hols so need ina nd out of mco to maximise days. Next year will be summer again so can look at a better route. Much prefer flying back into Newcastle on way home rather than driving from Glasgow or Manchester tho.