Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 7 Jan 18, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
CindyLou
Excited about Disney

Mobile Navmii / HereWeGo

I was trying to avoid having to take the sat nav on our holiday this year so on the recommendation of some posts on The Dibb have downloaded these two apps as i want to use them offline.

I have downloaded the Florida maps but can’t seem to bring them up, the app is only showing U.K. - will I only see them once we are in the US? Don’t want to get over there and not be able to use them.
Old 7 Jan 18, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Yordaman
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I used Navmii last year.

If I remember rightly, the app uses GPS to determine where you are, so it's right that even when trying the US version, the app thinks you're in the UK... because you are.

I think you can still search for the US addresses you want to visit, so you can save them into Favourites, and when you get there the app will work fine.
Yordaman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 18, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Brave5
Apprentice Imagineer

If you will be getting a sim card like the 3 feel at home with data I would use google maps. We tried navmi when there last May with very poor success. Luckily I did a lot of research on locations of different things and 'stared' them on google maps (on laptop). When I got frustrated trying to get navmi to work we got out the phone and googled it and because I had a star on it the address came up straight away and we were off (my phone and laptop are linked with the same google account). I used google maps on my phone for 2 weeks and was nowhere near using up all the data. Hope this give you another option
Brave5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 18, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
DFCH-Andy
DIBB Advertiser
- DIBB Advertiser -

If you're with EE speak to them on the livechat on their website. You can upgrade to one of their Max Plans which includes USA calls & Data and then downgrade once you return home. Cost me £2. Then just use Google Maps.

www.discountfloridacarhire.co.uk
DFCH-Andy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 18, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Used Navmii the last few years and it works a treat. Will use again this year. Just setup points of interest in advance and it makes it easy to use.

If you load a UK map you can test it here.
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 18, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Yorkshire Lad
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Yordaman View Post
I used Navmii last year.

If I remember rightly, the app uses GPS to determine where you are, so it's right that even when trying the US version, the app thinks you're in the UK... because you are.

I think you can still search for the US addresses you want to visit, so you can save them into Favourites, and when you get there the app will work fine.
CindyLou

as Yordaman says, he is correct, just put in your favourites all the addresses you need and save, it will work fine once your there.

we did it this way, just googled the addresses and save them as favourites.
Yorkshire Lad is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 18, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
JimmyCricket
Excited about Disney

I have a Navmii usa app and a seperate Navmii uk app. Just checked and can search and add favourites on the US one. Navmii works great in the US
JimmyCricket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 18, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Manny Haines
Dibbing with Tink

Used Navmii and Here maps.

Both don’t require any data when used.
In my opinion I prefer the look, layout and functionality of Here but its personal choice plus I found it was easier to read/follow junction layouts, I found Navmii a bit busy in terms of highlighting the correct lane. Here I found gave clearer indications.

Why not download both here and do a trial of both see which one you like?

Also, when I first arrived my phone picked up its GPS position a LOT faster than my Garmin Sat Nav that took minutes to locate itself, which is a pain.

Edited at 10:22 PM.
Manny Haines is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List