Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 31 Aug 18, 08:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Mad Mark
Getting Excited

Dessert Party at Tomorrowland Terrace

We have booked Dessert Party at Tomorrowland Terrace next month and have a few questions which I'm hoping some lovely dibber will be able to answer.

Do you have an allocated table or is it first come get the prime seats?

Is the view from all the seats good or are you better off trying for a seat close to the action?

Do people stay seated when the fire works start?

thanks in advance

1998 - Off Site WDW 2000 - Off Site WDW 2002 - CBR 2004 - CSR 2006 - POR 2008 - Disneyland Hong Kong 2008 - CBR 2011 - Atlanta/SSR 2015 - Michigan/OKW 2017 - DCL/SSR 2018 - ST Augustine/SSR 2019 - DCL/POFQ
Mad Mark is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 18, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post
ally1966
Imagineer

The tables are all allocated in advance and have your name on them when you arrive. The ones nearest the front have a good view of the fireworks. We found that most of the people who were sitting further back moved to stand along the railings when the fireworks started.

Edited at 08:26 AM.
ally1966 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 18, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
neatfrk
Imagineer

Be prepared to stand along the rail for the fireworks. I've been to a few of these dessert parties, and each time there were people 'staking out' spots along the rail about 10-15 minutes before fireworks. Even if you are lucky enough to be assigned a table close to the ledge, you'll most likely want to stand or people in front will block your view.
neatfrk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 18, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Jedi Princess
Imagineer

We were at the Dessert Party last week.

The tables are allocated to you, and a cast member takes you to your seat. The way that the tables/chairs were positioned (right up to the edge of the walls) nobody could stand by the railings or in front of us. We had a perfect view.

Edited at 06:20 PM.
Jedi Princess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 18, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
macdonald
Imagineer

Same as the poster above.We went last year and no one stood or would have been able to

Yes tables are allocated before arrival, view is great of fireworks but not as good of castle projection as it would be from in front of the castle .It was a high light of our holiday last year and we have re booked for this year!..
macdonald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 18, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Same as above poster.

anyone in front of us would have been on my lap

totally unobstructed view

Disney332

Edited at 06:57 PM.
disney332 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 18, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post

We went years ago and it was allocated seating but people got up and stood at the rails

Sounds like it's got a little tougher now
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 18, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
VodkaBacardi
Earning My Ears

We had this on our last night there in May having got married a week earlier.

You are allowed to move when the fireworks are on but if you aim to get near the railings nobody can get in front of you...

We did drop lucky though, the cast member must have misheard me saying it was our 1 week wedding anniversary, so as we got seated we were told not to move (when everyone around us was helping themselves to desserts) and the cast member brought over a chocolate decorated plate saying "Happy Anniversary".

Can't advise on the movement of people because we even got moved to our own special little viewing area just below where Tinkerbell flies so didn't have anyone obstructing us as at all

People definitely did move though for the display...

Agree with the projection being better from elsewhere as well, others in out party stood with my Mom in the disabled spaces and had a better view then we did, but wouldn't change it for the world as it was just the 2 of us and the 2 kids.
VodkaBacardi is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List