Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 2 Sep 18, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
suecee
Very Serious Dibber

Chef Mickey's - best time

Hi,

Looking for some suggestions about the best time to go to Chef Mickey's.

We are 2 adults & will be going on a non-park day & so will have no time restraints. Hoping the experience will not be too rushed & plenty of time to meet the characters without queuing.

Had wanted to go around 3pm but I see they don't do lunch. So pondering over a late brunch maybe about 1.30pm. It's either that or trying for the earliest dinner at 5pm but I suspect this will be super busy with little ones? The dinner menu does look better.

I am also confused about the price. Going April/May next year if anyone can point me in the right direction.

Any suggestions/advice would be great as never done a character meal before

TIA
Old 2 Sep 18, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
pad406
VIP Dibber

pad406's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Originally Posted by suecee View Post
Hi,

Looking for some suggestions about the best time to go to Chef Mickey's.

We are 2 adults & will be going on a non-park day & so will have no time restraints. Hoping the experience will not be too rushed & plenty of time to meet the characters without queuing.

Had wanted to go around 3pm but I see they don't do lunch. So pondering over a late brunch maybe about 1.30pm. It's either that or trying for the earliest dinner at 5pm but I suspect this will be super busy with little ones? The dinner menu does look better.

I am also confused about the price. Going April/May next year if anyone can point me in the right direction.

Any suggestions/advice would be great as never done a character meal before

TIA
Chef Mickey's is generally full of kids anyway, so don't let that effect your time.

We generally go twice on each visit, first and last night (or close to). The best quality of food we found was just after dinner opening, about 5:00pm.

There's no queueing to meet characters, they come to you at the table.

Now, bearing in mind what I said above, the food is not great quality (but not terrible either), but there is a good wide choice, and being a buffet, if something isn't up to scratch, ditch it and get something else.

It's pricey for what you get (food) but the buzz and characters make up for it for us.

What's the confusion over the price?

Christmas 2018/New Year 2019 (19N) BC - RPR - BC
Christmas 2016/New Year 2017 (18N). SF, LA, Disneyland & SD
Christmas 2014/New Year 2015 (21N). BWI, Hard Rock, Beach Club
April 2012 (21N). New York, Beach Club
Christmas 2010/New Year 2011 (15N). Polynesian & AKL
pad406 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 18, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
suecee
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by pad406 View Post
Chef Mickey's is generally full of kids anyway, so don't let that effect your time.

We generally go twice on each visit, first and last night (or close to). The best quality of food we found was just after dinner opening, about 5:00pm.

There's no queueing to meet characters, they come to you at the table.

Now, bearing in mind what I said above, the food is not great quality (but not terrible either), but there is a good wide choice, and being a buffet, if something isn't up to scratch, ditch it and get something else.

It's pricey for what you get (food) but the buzz and characters make up for it for us.

What's the confusion over the price?
Thanks for your reply. I can only see a price range $35 - $59 or something like that. I have read the price changes due to the seasons? I presume $35 is breakfast & $59 is for dinner. Not sure about brunch. I'm sure I'm missing something ...
Old 2 Sep 18, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
pad406
VIP Dibber

pad406's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Yes, the pricing is seasonal. The $35-$59 would be dinner/brunch pricing. Breakfast is, maybe, $20-25 cheaper.

Sorry don't know how they figure the season, we're always high season, so just take the biggest price

Christmas 2018/New Year 2019 (19N) BC - RPR - BC
Christmas 2016/New Year 2017 (18N). SF, LA, Disneyland & SD
Christmas 2014/New Year 2015 (21N). BWI, Hard Rock, Beach Club
April 2012 (21N). New York, Beach Club
Christmas 2010/New Year 2011 (15N). Polynesian & AKL
pad406 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 18, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
suecee
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by pad406 View Post
Yes, the pricing is seasonal. The $35-$59 would be dinner/brunch pricing. Breakfast is, maybe, $20-25 cheaper.

Sorry don't know how they figure the season, we're always high season, so just take the biggest price
Thanks. I was thinking just go with high to be on the safe side

The food looks better for dinner so if the price is the same for brunch I think we'll do dinner.

Thanks again.