Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 5 Nov 18, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
IndianaMac
Imagineer

Originally Posted by luckystrikes View Post
Sounds like the most difficult part will be choosing which colour to go for 😂
When we rented a convertible in '16 (from DCCC), the folks at the desk going for Mustang were offered choice of colour - I wanted Camaro, and got what I was given.

I imagine the choice at the airport will be greater than that at DCCC.

I'm hugely biased , but I'd go for Camaro

Edited at 11:56 AM.
IndianaMac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 18, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Lindsk
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Originally Posted by IndianaMac View Post
When we rented a convertible in '16 (from DCCC), the folks at the desk going for Mustang were offered choice of colour - I wanted Camaro, and got what I was given.

I imagine the choice at the airport will be greater than that at DCCC.

I'm hugely biased , but I'd go for Camaro
I am curious why the Camaro is favoured over a Mustang. We have only ever had Mustangs and loved them, now I am tempted to try a Camaro if there is one when we head back
Lindsk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 18, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
IndianaMac
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lindsk View Post
I am curious why the Camaro is favoured over a Mustang. We have only ever had Mustangs and loved them, now I am tempted to try a Camaro if there is one when we head back
Put simply, it's a better driver's car - better round the twisties... My fifth gen is Holden's Zeta platform, a very capable chassis indeed. The 6th gen's Alpha is better, and the Magnetic Ride Control suspension technology has been sold to Ferrari.

Saying that, Orlando roads tend to be anything but twisty, hooning ain't an option with their police, and in a straight line there is nothing between them for the standard models. So the reality? Take the one you like the look/image of.

Looks and badge aside, the sixth-gen Camaro loses an awful lot more trunk space with the roof folded than my fifth gen or a Mustang (the partition on mine means you lose the upper seat side quarter of the trunk to fold the roof - I gather the Mustang is similar. Sixth Gen Camaros lose about half the trunk). So the 'Stang will do you better for luggage if you require it for the airport run.

Edited at 03:04 PM.
IndianaMac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 18, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
luckystrikes
slightly serious Dibber

Good bit of info thanks
luckystrikes is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 18, 05:18 AM  
Link to this Post
c9901271
Getting to know the DIBB

Arrived here Sunday evening - Alamo gave us a choice of 3 x 2018 Mustangs, a 2017, a Beetle and a Mini (which we have at home) - 2 x base spec BMW 430i's as well but they looked boring and may have been under "Luxury". Took the best specced 2018 Mustang. All 2.3 Ecoboosts, but they are fast enough Saw a Camaro last year, the boot is TINY and wouldn't have taken even one of our cases.
c9901271 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List