Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 10 Nov 18, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
ILoveDaveLamb
Imagineer

Restaurant at LGW with TV

I would quite like to watch Strictly Saturday week at LGW while we eat.

Was thinking of Thyme in PI, Giraffe or Nicholas Culpepper for dinner...maybe Wetherspoons. Does anyone know if there is TV in any of the above?

Thanks.
Old 10 Nov 18, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

Culpeper has a TV in the downstairs eating area/bar visible from 6 tables at most; not sure if there are others in Culpeper.
From memory, it is muted; no sound, with subtitled text so you can follow what is going on; I always remember it being on a news channel.

I would suspect all mentioned would have at least 1 TV but wouldn't be surprised if they're muted with subtitles & on the likes of Sky/BBC News.

Would you enjoy trying to get a table with a view of a TV (maybe partial or little view) on the necessary channel & trying to follow it with subtitles or with sound over all the noise & crowds in an airport eatery?

Edited at 05:44 PM.
scooby99 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 18, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
ILoveDaveLamb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by scooby99 View Post
Culpeper has a TV in the downstairs eating area/bar visible from around 6 tables; not sure if there are others in Culpeper.
From memory, it is muted; no sound, with subtitled text so you can follow what is going on; I always remember it being on a news channel.

I would suspect all mentioned would have at least 1 TV but wouldn't be surprised if they're muted with subtitles & on the likes of Sky/BBC News.

Would you enjoy trying to get a table with a view of a TV (maybe partial or little view) on the necessary channel & trying to follow it with subtitles or with sound over all the noise & crowds in an airport eatery?
Ooh, thank you for taking the time to reply. That could be an option then.xx
Old 11 Nov 18, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ILoveDaveLamb View Post
Ooh, thank you for taking the time to reply. That could be an option then.xx
Could be IF you can get 1 of those tables, IF they can or will change the channel for you & IF you can follow the show with no sound (not hearing the music they're dancing to!) with the text dialogue being out of sync (as it takes a few seconds for the person typing the text to get it on screen?) 😳
scooby99 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 18, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

You could always watch on a tablet using BBCIplayer ... even have sound with headphones.
I'd think on a Saturday most TVs would be tuned to sport.

Edited at 05:51 PM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 18, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Bestbubba
Imagineer

Originally Posted by scooby99 View Post
Could be IF you can get 1 of those tables, IF they can or will change the channel for you & IF you can follow the show with no sound (not hearing the music they're dancing to!) with the text dialogue being out of sync (as it takes a few seconds for the person typing the text to get it on screen?) 😳
I had a little chuckle reading this, I'm deaf and this is how I have to watch Strictly every week! I do get a good view from my sofa though
Bestbubba is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 18, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

iplayer on a phone or tablet surely better than a muted tv in the distance?

or maybe just tape it & watch when you get back?
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List