Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 15 Nov 18, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
itsajennything
Excited about Disney

Mobile FastPass and planning ? Help!

Hi. Fast pass didn’t exist when we last went to Wdw. I’ve booked my 3fp for each day for our Christmas and new year trip this year but ideally how long should u leave between each booking so u don’t miss ur next one? Is there still big queues even if u have a fast pass ticket? I’ve no clue so need advice. Hope I’ve booked them with a big enough gap
PLAN A TRIP- DLP SUMMER 2020 FAITH, TRUST AND PIXIE DUST
itsajennything is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 18, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
pad406
VIP Dibber

pad406's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Originally Posted by itsajennything View Post
Hi. Fast pass didn’t exist when we last went to Wdw. I’ve booked my 3fp for each day for our Christmas and new year trip this year but ideally how long should u leave between each booking so u don’t miss ur next one? Is there still big queues even if u have a fast pass ticket? I’ve no clue so need advice. Hope I’ve booked them with a big enough gap
The FP+ gives you an hours window so you should have no problem even if they are back to back.

Christmas 2018/New Year 2019 (19N) BC - RPR - BC
Christmas 2016/New Year 2017 (18N). SF, LA, Disneyland & SD
Christmas 2014/New Year 2015 (21N). BWI, Hard Rock, Beach Club
April 2012 (21N). New York, Beach Club
Christmas 2010/New Year 2011 (15N). Polynesian & AKL
pad406 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 18, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
KevinCosmos
Getting Excited

Hi,

Not an expert myself, so maybe someone else will provide more insight.

Each fast pass is valid for an hour, so your fast pass booking must be more than an hour apart (I don't think you're even allowed to book two within the same hour).

Say for example you had the following:
Ride 1 - 1PM
Ride 2 - 2PM
Ride 3 - 3PM

If you rode Ride 1 but didn't get out until 2:10PM, You'd still have until 3PM to ride Ride 2 as the window is open for an hour, you would then have between 3PM and 4PM to ride Ride 3. Hope that makes sense?

FastPass queues largely depend on time of day and time of year, but I'd say generally the queue time for FastPass is at maximum 20 minutes the majority of the time, a lot of times you can walk on a ride within 5 minutes though.
KevinCosmos is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 18, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
itsajennything
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Thanks for the tips I wasn’t sure how long you queue even if you have a fast pass? Could the queues really be as short as 20 mins with a fast pass? I just checked our bookings and the smallest gap from the start of one fast pass to another is 2 hours that we have booked so hopefully that’s plenty of time. Most of them are a longer gap but hoping that those ones will be ok. I’m so excited now one month and 5 days till our trip.
itsajennything is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 18, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
itsajennything
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Someone mentioned online you can fast pass the rapunzel lantern photos? I couldn’t find the option to online though ?
Old 15 Nov 18, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Excited83
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Yes some can be just a few minutes with a fp. I’d personally move them closer together as you can’t book a 4th until your initial 3 are used up.
Excited83 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 18, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
zdickens
Imagineer

zdickens's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
When I’m in the queue with the first FP I look on the app to see if I can move the second and third ones closer. You still have an hours window. Eg. 1st FP at 1 pm, 2nd at 2pm and 3rd st 3 pm, I would try and move the second FP to say 1.30pm and so on.

Oct 2022 - California Tour, Nov 2019 - Disney’s AKL & RPR, May 2017 - Disney's OKW & HRH, Oct 2014 - Disney's OKW & HRH, Oct 2012 - Disney's POFQ & HRH, Sep 2011 - DLP Hotel Cheyenne, Nov 2010 - Disney's CBR & RPR, Oct 2008 - Disney's All Star Movies & HRH, Nov 2006 - Disney's All Star Sports, Oct 2000 - Holiday Inn Nikki Bird (Kissimmee), Sep 1996 - Quality Inn International
zdickens is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 18, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
pad406
VIP Dibber

pad406's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
With the possible exception of MK, and even there it's not very likely, you'd be very lucky to get any decent additional FPs a Christmas. Hopefully I will be proved completely wrong in 5 weeks

Christmas 2018/New Year 2019 (19N) BC - RPR - BC
Christmas 2016/New Year 2017 (18N). SF, LA, Disneyland & SD
Christmas 2014/New Year 2015 (21N). BWI, Hard Rock, Beach Club
April 2012 (21N). New York, Beach Club
Christmas 2010/New Year 2011 (15N). Polynesian & AKL
pad406 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 18, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
itsajennything
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Wen we last visited fast pass didn’t exist 😂 so we queued 3 hours to meet Anna and Elsa 🤦🏻😂 so anything will be an improvement on that. As long as the girls meet the characters they’ll be happy. Me and my eldest have fast passed any rides we really wanna do as she wasn’t old enough last time to ride with me on most and hubby doesn’t do rollercoasters lol so he can take the wee woman on tings while we go on bigger ones lol we will just queue for anything else we wanna do. Then see the fireworks etc. The 3 year old is beyond excited as it’s her first time and will be her 4th birthday when there!
Old 18 Nov 18, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Minimanam
Apprentice Imagineer

Minimanam's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
As a general rule you should try and get your three FP's back to back and if you want to try and move them when waiting but this isn't essential.

I would try and book them for early in the morning so that once you have used your first three FP's you could try and book a forth and once used that a fifth etc. Anything that can be done to avoid waiting in line should be done

Port Orleans Riverside

Art of Animation Suite

2016 - Art of Animation Suite

2019 - Beach Club Resort

Minimanam is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List