Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Closed Thread

Old 20 May 11, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
ally1966
Imagineer

If they would allow people to be refunded if they cannot use the tickets there would be no legitimate tickets for sale.
Couldn't agree more!

Personally, I would never take the risk of buying any sort of tickets on Ebay just because there are so many fakes out there.

However, a few years ago, we did have a spare child's ticket for Universal which I sold on Ebay. I didn't realise that I was doing anything wrong and the buyer was perfectly happy as they saved themselves some money.

I don't think the trade in second hand tickets will ever end unless these big companies start refunding legitimate buyers for unwanted/unused tickets ... and I can't see that happenning any time soon! They will obviously advise that the tickets are "non-transferable" because the more people who can be deterred from buying/selling = the more profit for them.
Old 20 May 11, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post
mrscopeman
Imagineer

The issue is simple for me. A "black market" exists in tickets because companies selling them don't see what they are selling as a service, they see it as a product. Its an old mindset and wrong. All Disney and anyone else have to do, is have a small administration charge to refund the paid price of the tickets, they will have also made interest in the mean time.

They could also very easily have a "is my ticket valid" feature on their website, it wouldn't take them more than a few days to develop. Thats called service!

What I don't quite understand is why reputable ticket exchanges like Seatwave, who I have used as a buyer and as a seller, don't carry Disney Tickets. If Disney have threatened these concerns, then why not threaten ebay? Seatwave et al are a far better service than ebay.
With Own Brood: '07 POFQ | '08 POFQ | '09 SSR | '10 BCR | '11 AKL | '12 OKW | '13 AoA | '14 OKW | '15 UCR/Texas/ASM
mrscopeman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 11, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post

When we were in Florida last year we had 3 days left on our Disney tickets. We were short of cash (we went on a small budget) and there was an office on the main road next to a tourist shop (close to Disney entrance). The office was advertising that they buy unused tickets. I asked them if they wanted to buy ours and they did. We didnt get much but it meant we had a few spare dollars for the last few days. The office looked like it had been established a while, so wasnt just a booth set up for the day. If it is illegal for them to buy these tickets (on Disneys doorstep) why havent they been stopped? They have obvious signs advertising what they are doing. The police/Disney/council must see them there, yet they are not stopped?
I personally wouldnt buy off ebay unless they were a very high feedback seller, with barely any negs.
I would also like to know what people are supposed to do with spare tickets? Cant get a refund, cant sell them on the dibb, not supposed to sell them on ebay...seems unfair.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 11, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

I think every one has a choice. It should be up to the individual if they want to buy off Ebay and take a chance. BUT if you do, you must realise that you are taking a risk and be prepared to suffer the consequenses (ie. you cant get in and will need to buy more tickets).

If I had a legitimate ticket with days left on it, I think I should be allowed to sell it on. People should realise that if it looks too good to be true, it probably is!
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 11, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post

mmm - I had to cancel my trip last year. The travel insurance did not cover the cost of tickets purchased but not used. The selling companies return promise was OK - but I would still have lost a lot of money.

I am lucky that I bought MYW tickets and can use them this year instead. If I had bought year specific ultimates I would have been stuffed.

I dont agree with selling on e-bay; but I think there may well be some genuine people selling tickets on there irrespective of the fact that WDW would prefer you didnt.

I just wouldnt like to wait 6 months wondering if the person who had sold to me was legit - or think that they were and then gate to the gate and find that they werent.

Not worth the risk...
Old 21 May 11, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by cherry6 View Post
When we were in Florida last year we had 3 days left on our Disney tickets. We were short of cash (we went on a small budget) and there was an office on the main road next to a tourist shop (close to Disney entrance). The office was advertising that they buy unused tickets. I asked them if they wanted to buy ours and they did. We didnt get much but it meant we had a few spare dollars for the last few days. The office looked like it had been established a while, so wasnt just a booth set up for the day. If it is illegal for them to buy these tickets (on Disneys doorstep) why havent they been stopped? They have obvious signs advertising what they are doing. The police/Disney/council must see them there, yet they are not stopped?
I personally wouldnt buy off ebay unless they were a very high feedback seller, with barely any negs.
I would also like to know what people are supposed to do with spare tickets? Cant get a refund, cant sell them on the dibb, not supposed to sell them on ebay...seems unfair.
every so often they are stopped and arrested
Dinglebert is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 11, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post

In the past week I have reported 8 lots of disney tickets being sold on ebay!
Old 22 May 11, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
°o°-Hannah-°o°
Imagineer

°o°-Hannah-°o°'s Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
imo there is no real reason for people to sell their unusable tickets on ebay at all - on our last trip just 3 weeks before travelling fil had to cancel due to his best friend of more 50 years being diagnosed with terminal cancer, as soon as this decision was made i rang our vender and they were very sympathetic (though this is at their disgression of course), i posted fil's tickets back and after they'd confirmed with the parks that they hadnt been used they refunded.

obviously a refund wont be an option for everyone but its always worth trying if you find yourself in such a situation

as for part-used tickets, etc when we were in orlando in october/november a large organisation were charged with selling such tickets...
Old 22 May 11, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post

for many years we took young people to work in Orlando and they didn't have loads of money to buy park tickets so they were glad for the vendors selling tickets that people had days left on. The worst thing that Disney did was to make the never expires optional and at a cost it just made so much sense and made many people start to plan their next visit before they even left orlando.

In relation to ebay - buyer beware as with everything there, wouldn't do it myself but for those on a budget they are just trying to have the amazing experience we all love to have !
Old 22 May 11, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread