Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 4 Sep 18, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
steve@mac155.f
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
After Fireworks Dessert Party

Hi all has anybody done this one.

Steve
steve@mac155.f is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 18, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Niki T
VIP Dibber

Us. We did it a couple of weeks ago and highly recommend. You can check in at a similar time as the other party, you can then wait in the garden, which is what we did. You don't have to do this, but we bagged front row by doing it and everyone stood up as the disabled area in front was busy and castle projections would have been obscured if we remained seated.
You are given a different colour wrist band and after the fireworks were taken to the desserts. I think there were about 15 people (not families, there were 5 families) at the party, but we got full trays of desserts and cheeseburger egg rolls.
We actually did all 4 dessert parties on our trip and would rate this one a close second to the Star Wars one - it would've been a much harder call if there had been cocktails at the after party. We will definitely be doing it again next time.
Fireworks were at 8:55 and the park closed at 10.
Niki T is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 18, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Tesh11
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Niki T View Post
Us. We did it a couple of weeks ago and highly recommend. You can check in at a similar time as the other party, you can then wait in the garden, which is what we did. You don't have to do this, but we bagged front row by doing it and everyone stood up as the disabled area in front was busy and castle projections would have been obscured if we remained seated.
You are given a different colour wrist band and after the fireworks were taken to the desserts. I think there were about 15 people (not families, there were 5 families) at the party, but we got full trays of desserts and cheeseburger egg rolls.
We actually did all 4 dessert parties on our trip and would rate this one a close second to the Star Wars one - it would've been a much harder call if there had been cocktails at the after party. We will definitely be doing it again next time.
Fireworks were at 8:55 and the park closed at 10.
Sorry to hijack, we have this booked for October and also have Star Wars and frozen booked too! Seeing as you have done all 4 can you tell me what the frozen one is like? Was that not as good? I am debating cancelling this so we can fit fantasmic in.
Tesh11 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 18, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We've done it and enjoyed it because of the vantage point to watch the fireworks. But we found the treats too sweet. They were typically American which I find make my teeth scream

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 18, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
steve@mac155.f
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by sophiepop View Post
We've done it and enjoyed it because of the vantage point to watch the fireworks. But we found the treats too sweet. They were typically American which I find make my teeth scream
Lol screaming teeth sounds like a Halloween dessert

Got it booked for our November trip we have done the terrace desert party and the garden plaza viewing dessert party so this was a natural choice plus i hate trying to get out of MK after the fireworks lol

Steve
steve@mac155.f is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 18, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by steve@mac155.f View Post
Lol screaming teeth sounds like a Halloween dessert

Got it booked for our November trip we have done the terrace desert party and the garden plaza viewing dessert party so this was a natural choice plus i hate trying to get out of MK after the fireworks lol

Steve
I hate getting out of any park late, its hell on earth!

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 18, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
steve@mac155.f
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by sophiepop View Post
I hate getting out of any park late, its hell on earth!
It is like a massive scrum lol just hoping the crowd has died down after we finish at the party.

Steve
Old 4 Sep 18, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Niki T
VIP Dibber

Check the time of HEA fireworks. They were at 8:55, lots of people still left the park after they were finished even though the park was still open.
Niki T is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 18, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Niki T
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Tesh11 View Post
Sorry to hijack, we have this booked for October and also have Star Wars and frozen booked too! Seeing as you have done all 4 can you tell me what the frozen one is like? Was that not as good? I am debating cancelling this so we can fit fantasmic in.
Frozen was up there with the Star Wars one last year, but I didn't enjoy it as much this year; it was 3rd on our list and not close the Star Wars or the After party. I was recovering from septic tonsillitis when we went so that may have had an impact on my experience, but DH didn't think it was as good either. We didn't enjoy the cocktails particularly and the desserts were just ok (loved the deep freeze popcorn though). I wouldn't be adverse to giving it another go as I was sick this time, but the Star Wars one was fab this year and as it was the first we did it made the Frozen and AK one pale into insignificance.
Old 4 Sep 18, 11:52 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyPCLI
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I’ve just booked this for our trip - one reason was because park closes after fireworks so after desserts it’ll be a lot easier to leave