Notices

Old 18 Oct 18, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Gev
Imagineer

Happy Birthday dear Alan...

Oh my gosh, I can’t believe we have a countdown! So excited!

So, Happy Birthday dear Alan... ? Yep, DH has a big birthday in January and when I asked him what he wanted to do to celebrate, he said go back to Disney! I was gobsmacked! We both love the place, but I didn’t expect him to say that.

So on to the cast! This is us:

Me, Gillian, 56, been Disney mad since childhood. Love all the films, don’t have a standout favourite. I’ve worked in the payroll of our local Council for 20 years. On my lap there is the apple of my eye, Peter poodle. It will break my heart to leave him, but he will be at home with my Mum and Dad here, so he’ll be fine.

DH, Alan, his big birthday is the reason for this trip. He is Assistant Site Manager for a primary school.

We first went to Florida back in 1993 and have been on and off since. That first trip spoiled me for going anywhere else overseas and we were hooked.

We fly out on 27th July 2019, which just happens to be our 28th wedding anniversary. We’ve never been at this time of year. Ever. We are usually September people, but since Alan started his job at school, we join you ranks of lovely school holiday people! We’re flying from Manchester on VS73.

We will be resting our weary heads at PORFQ with QSDP. We’ve stayed here twice before and absolutely love it. The only trip off property we intend doing is to Kennedy Space Center as it’s been so long since we’ve visited.

We have a car booked, an intermediate SUV, but not sure who it’s with, yet, as we’ve booked with Charter Travel. Sean, there, has got us a good deal and we’re really pleased.

It’s been 4 years since we were last there - wow haven’t priced shot up?! Anyway, the only thing to do rught now is... DIET!

Edited at 07:35 PM.
Gev is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 18, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
macy
VIP Dibber

macy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Perfect choice to celebrate a special birthday. It's a great feeling when you finally get things booked up and have all the planning to do. A great thing to plan during our winter month's. Enjoy the planning and trip.
macy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 18, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Gev
Imagineer

Originally Posted by macy View Post
Perfect choice to celebrate a special birthday. It's a great feeling when you finally get things booked up and have all the planning to do. A great thing to plan during our winter month's. Enjoy the planning and trip.
Thank you! It’s funny, even though we’ve been so many times, we’ve never been at this time of year, so the crowd levels and heat are concerning me!

We’ve booked through a Charter Travel and the car hire is with Alamo - does anyone know if will be able to do skip the counter if we’ve not booked directly with them?

Thanks!
Old 20 Oct 18, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Brilliant idea for a belated birthday treat. We're off to POFQ next summer, we are tied to summer hols too, we leave on 30th July so we will see you around!

Have fun planning the trip.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 18, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Gev
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Brilliant idea for a belated birthday treat. We're off to POFQ next summer, we are tied to summer hols too, we leave on 30th July so we will see you around!

Have fun planning the trip.
Yeah, it’s going to be very different for us this time. It’s been 8 years since just the 2 of us went anywhere on our own, we’ve had family or friends with us and really enjoyed. We have a week in Cornwall booked for the end of May with my mum ad stepdad, then just us away. We should have gone 2 years ago for our silver wedding anniversary, but we had to cancel as we had not long since moved house and it took too much out of us financially. So we’re making up for it. After all, Alan is only 60 once!

We’ll see you there !

Edited at 09:38 PM.
Gev is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List