Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 12 Nov 18, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
99plums
Imagineer

Sorry cloverlady, but looking to turn this thread upside down!
I’m looking to tag a few days in a Disney hotel onto the end of the holiday, the WDW website says tickets are only available from check in day, but we’ll still want to use them whilst we’re staying in the villa beforehand.
Is there a way around this?
99plums is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 18, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 99plums View Post
Sorry cloverlady, but looking to turn this thread upside down!
I’m looking to tag a few days in a Disney hotel onto the end of the holiday, the WDW website says tickets are only available from check in day, but we’ll still want to use them whilst we’re staying in the villa beforehand.
Is there a way around this?
Haha, no problem!
Is this because you are looking at booking a hotel+tickets package with Disney?

Why not buy your park tickets seperately and then you can start them whenever you like, and then seperately just book a few days in a Disney hotel via either the Disney website OR via other agent (Booking.com, expedia or similar) compare prices, might get a better deal!
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 18, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Allisonjane View Post
You may already know this but if not it could help with your planning. Your 14 day Disney ticket can actually be used over a 15 day period, that is providing there was a day in the middle somewhere that you didn't go to a park at all. Basically it's valid for 14 park admissions over 15 days.
As others have said the 15 days will start the first day you enter a park, not the day you check into the hotel.
Great, will keep this in mind!

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
It may not be much more to upgrade to a 21 day ticket. That’s what we’d do with a stay longer than 15 nights.
We are looking at doing Universal before we start doing Disney
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 18, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
99plums
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Cloverlady View Post
Haha, no problem!
Is this because you are looking at booking a hotel+tickets package with Disney?

Why not buy your park tickets seperately and then you can start them whenever you like, and then seperately just book a few days in a Disney hotel via either the Disney website OR via other agent (Booking.com, expedia or similar) compare prices, might get a better deal!
The dilemma I have is :-
It’s cheaper to book the hotel through Expedia, so then I could buy the tickets separately, no problem, BUT I’m thinking of doing the 5 nights to get the dining included (not quite free but there’s 5 of us so probably works out cheaper overall than booking hotel not thru Disney then paying for food on top) the problem is I can’t get the tickets off Disney until we check in!
99plums is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 18, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Ahhh right Yes, if you're going to do 5 nights and the free dining is on offer. I see your dilemma. Unless you can change around the earlier part of your stay so you start off with Disney?

I hope someone comes along and answers your question!