Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 12 Nov 18, 03:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Bluemo
Earning My Ears

Beach Club entry to Epcot for rope drop

Hi everyone, I've found a few older enquiries about this but nothing too recent and even those I did find were rather vague.

We're staying at the BC for the first time next summer and for the first week or so like to go to parks for rope drop.

I believe we can enter Epcot via World Showcase and will be led to another rope drop to enter Future World. Is this correct and if so where are we held prior to entering FW?

How would this affect getting to Frozen Ever After first? This might determine which FP we aim to get.

Any other advice or tips on going to Epcot from BC greatly accepted.

Do you think this would be better off in another forum perhaps?

As an aside has anyone walked from BC to Fantasia mini-golf and if so how long does it take and is it a relatively easy walk for 4 healthy adults and 3 kids aged 3, 7 & 12. We'll probably have a stroller for the 3 year old too.

Thanks B.
Bluemo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 18, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

You will be held at the International Gateway entrance until they drop the rope on the crowds at the front of the park then they let you in. There’s no second rope. You’re at a slight disadvantage for Soarin and Test Track especially if they let the front end in a bit early.
Old 12 Nov 18, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

You are allowed through the International Gateway (back) entrance and they have a rope just at the first bridge inside. Whether this will change I am not sure, as they are obviously putting a Skyliner station in and it will get much busier I expect.
They rope drop at the same time as the front entrance, sometimes very slightly earlier. As above, there is no second rope to get into Future World, just the one, but it is inside the park next to the UK at the bridge.
So currently you go through the entrance and security and wait at the bridge (shops adjacent and some benches). Then on rope drop you can only go clockwise around World Showcase. If you walk quick, you will likely have a slight head start to get to Frozen on those coming in at the front entrance. I actually could have (if my wife and kids had sped up) been in the first few to hit Frozen this year, but the family were dallying. Didn't matter we were straight walk on, but you have to walk around half of World Showcase as you cannot go right.
Best Fastpass strategy is go on Frozen as soon as you get in this way without a FP. Then go to Soarin' without a FP. You can normally get almost straight on that. Then maybe Living with the Land as its next door. Then do a few of the less popular rides, with Fastpasses kicking in about 10.30. Make Test Track your premium fastpass. Don't forget about Fastpassing on the fly after your first three are gone.
As to how to get from Beach Club to Epcot- you walk - its next door and you come in at what is called the International Gateway at the back where the countries are (next to UK).
Walk to Fantasia Golf, very easy, about 10 mins. Come out of Beach Club, turn right, walk between Swan and Dolphin hotels and over a road.
You are in for a treat, lovely area for a holiday.

Edited at 08:46 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 18, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
THOscar
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

It took my wife and I about 10-15mins to walk to the mini golf from BC. It’s easy to get to and all on pedestrian crossings.
THOscar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 18, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
ohdear66
Trying for More Ears

Great replies guys! I was interested in this information too : )
Universal's Sapphire Falls/Disney's Grand Floridian/Oak Island Villa - May 2017!
Disney's Coronado Gran Destino - Oct 2019
ohdear66 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List