Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Closed Thread

Old 16 Jan 08, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post

Express Passes

Do I have to buy these on line for a specific day? DH has been told you can buy them at the gate on the day ,is this true?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 08, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post

Depending on when you are going, it might be worth choosing a day and buying them in advance. They are available on the day if the quota hasn't been sold.
I would highly recommend them, made our 2 days at US and IOA the best of our holiday in Easter 2006.
Old 16 Jan 08, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
RobertWestwood
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
I bought one set in advance but then got another two days on the days we visited.

They are supposed to sell out very quickly but I never saw any sign of that happening.

The prices vary depending on which days you go and I did find it (slightly) cheaper to buy them online before going but there wasn't much in it.
RobertWestwood is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 08, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post

You can buy them in advance online or by phone but they also sell them at the gate, however as only a certain number are sold for each day, it depends how busy it is when you want to go whether there will still be some available at the gate when you get there.
Old 16 Jan 08, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post

If you are thinking about buying them, then I presume you are going at a busy time? If you are going at a busy time then the Express Passes will be expensive... which means that you should consider staying for a night in a Universal Hotel. This would give you Express Pass privileges (actually, slightly better than the one's you pay for) for free, for the duration of your stay - one night gives two days, two night gives three days etc.

There are numerous postings about which is the best Universal Hotel, whether or not to actually stay or simply use the key card etc, so won't go into that here.
Old 17 Jan 08, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
RobertWestwood
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
I know there are numerous posts about the advantages of FOTL with Universal Hotels and I don't disagree with them, but the prices of the express passes are not too bad just now if you go mid week and book online.

Buying two days worth actually works out about the same as booking a hotel for one night.

I know that FOTL passes are unlimited and express passes are supposed to be for one ride on each attraction only but there were very few rides last year where i had the passes marked and these seemed to be the the non headline rides for some reason.

Might be of interest to those who can't be bothered with the hassle (if there is any) of checking in to another hotel for one day.
RobertWestwood is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 08, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by RobertWestwood View Post
Buying two days worth actually works out about the same as booking a hotel for one night.
But one night in the hotel gets you 2 days in the parks. It also gets you 1/2 prize parking (you pay for 1 night rather than 2 days), a much nicer trip into the parks on the boat rather than the long, long walkway from the car park and you can use your pass as many times as you want on each ride.

We did it on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day this year and they were the best two days of the holiday! The queues in MK on Boxing Day brought us down to earth with a bump!

Hotel room (whether we stay or not) is the way we will go every time. It's so much better.
Old 17 Jan 08, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post

I think it depends as well on how many of you are going. We have booked one family room for the 5 of us. So that's c£130 for 2 days FOLP (we've actually booked two separate days, to get 4 days FOLP).

Universal are advertising 1 day/2 park Express Passes as costing between £21 ($40.99 + tax) and £26 ($50.99 + tax) per person per day. So for us this would be between £210 and £260 for the two days.

Throw in the other benefits of being on site, as already mentioned, and its a no brainer!

If you are travelling as a couple though, especially off peak (although if travelling off peak then maybe you don't need Express Passes... ?), then maybe its a tougher decision.
Old 17 Jan 08, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post

Dragonforce, when are you going? If it is non-peak, I wouldn't buy express as you won't need it. They do sell them at the park and seldom sell out as long as you are at the park by noon. The online price is almost always the same price as the price at the park. You can buy it at the ticket windows or most of the stores in the park.
Old 17 Jan 08, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread