Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 8 Jan 18, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
babekel
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Originally Posted by JediMuM View Post
Eeee I'm proper excited .. now booked for HHN Hollywood in September then HHN Orlando in October .. gonna be a busy few weeks but never done Hollywood before ... anyone have experience of how this compares to Orlando ?

Lisa x
Hi Lisa,

My family and I did this Nov ‘17. We really enjoyed it and found that as it’s much smaller than Orlando, that we got round all of the houses in the one night. Enjoy. X

Indian Ridge Villa - '01 & '09, Orlando Continental Plaza Hotel - '11, Park & Suites Prestige Val d'Europe - '14, Lindfields Villa - '15, Hollywood Historic Hotel - '17, Disney’ Coronado Springs & off-site Villa - ‘18
babekel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 18, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
JediMuM
Imagineer

Thanks kel ... I've just seen that knots berry farm do one as well so think i might try that too 😀

It's so weird going somewhere else after so many years at Orlando lol
Lisa x
Old 29 Jan 18, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
jessandjon2005
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi all, hope you are all well. I know this sticky thread is about HHN 2017, but does anybody know of any news for 2018 yet and what is going to be in replacement for Bill and Ted's Halloween Adventure?

Or will there be no show at all in the arena?

I know they were pretty quick to announce it's closure, but haven't seen any news on it's replacement?

Not being funny, but HHN 2018 plans can't be that far away, so was thinking of planning a Florida trip either this year, or next, but suppose a lot of that depends on what they are going to do with HHN.

Any news/plans please?
jessandjon2005 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 18, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
pegasus928
slightly serious Dibber

You are looking at another 3-4 months yet before they start to announce anything. And even then it is likely to be just dates and maybe if there is an icon this year. Apart from that information about houses, scare zones and shows only comes out in dribs and drabs. Last year for example they were at the end of August before the last few houses and full line up was revealed, which was just before the event opened.
pegasus928 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 18, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
JediMuM
Imagineer

I have found that as the years have passed the official announcements have been getting later and later ... bit of a bummer but I figure we will be there no matter what so just book and hope for decent houses, there have only been a couple of years where we have been disappointed .. even then I would rather have went than not 😉 X
Old 1 Feb 18, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
pegasus928
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Some of the houses have disappointed us too - but likewise we love the event so much we can’t NOT go. It’s pretty cool just to stroll around at a leisurely pace and take it all in, just appreciating how much effort goes into it all.
pegasus928 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 18, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
JediMuM
Imagineer

Originally Posted by pegasus928 View Post
Some of the houses have disappointed us too - but likewise we love the event so much we can’t NOT go. It’s pretty cool just to stroll around at a leisurely pace and take it all in, just appreciating how much effort goes into it all.
Defo people watching is part of the fun ... we like the ROF or FF passes as it does take the pressure off 😀
now the boys are bigger it means I don't need to pay for kids clubs and so far they seem to love it as much

Lisa x
Old 7 Feb 18, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
jessandjon2005
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks for all the replies everybody.

Not so worried about the houses, as what will be, will be and it's always going to be great fun, no matter what.

Was more concerned about what shows may be taking place, as it gives you somewhere to go when the queues get a bit too long and you pretty much guarantee a seat... plus you can give your tired legs a good rest for half hour!

I always found the 2 shows were an integral part of the whole HHN event, and hope that whatever replaces Bill and Ted, that it lives up to the same standard.

Keep us all posted if anyone hears anything!
jessandjon2005 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 18, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
fredflintstone
Imagineer

fredflintstone's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by JediMuM View Post
I have found that as the years have passed the official announcements have been getting later and later ... bit of a bummer but I figure we will be there no matter what so just book and hope for decent houses, there have only been a couple of years where we have been disappointed .. even then I would rather have went than not 😉 X
On a tour last year I was told one of the issues they now have is getting contracts in place due to licencing rights and use of characters. This often leads to last minute changes and panic as they try to replace something they were planning to use with less time to get ready. Hence some houses looking better than others.
fredflintstone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 18, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
debojahh
VIP Dibber

Super excited, seen a rumoured list on other forums and have to say i'd be really happy with almost all of the houses!
debojahh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread