Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Aug 17, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Barneyblue
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Chip&Dale View Post

Can I just ask, where have you read this information?

I have been trying to find out where the VIP seating will be, but I've not had much luck.

I assumed it would be in the same location as the dining package area.
We booked and it's in the confirmation email. Have copied the part of the confirmation for you. It reads...

The prepared food and beverage will be available for pick-up in the Hollywood Amphitheater Courtyard. Guests should proceed through theater FastPass+ entrance to the event location. After picking up food and beverage, Guests will proceed to the theater seating, which is located in the first couple rows of the theater. Guests may get wet in this section.

St Petes 1991
Comfort Suites MGE Kissimee Oct 2003
AKL Easter 2006
POR Oct 2017
Barneyblue is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 17, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Chip&Dale
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Barneyblue View Post
We booked and it's in the confirmation email. Have copied the part of the confirmation for you. It reads...

The prepared food and beverage will be available for pick-up in the Hollywood Amphitheater Courtyard. Guests should proceed through theater FastPass+ entrance to the event location. After picking up food and beverage, Guests will proceed to the theater seating, which is located in the first couple rows of the theater. Guests may get wet in this section.
Ha ha. I booked this on the 17th August and have just checked my email... it say's exactly the same!

11/2016 ~ Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter
11/2014 ~ Disney's Coronado Springs Resort, Villa (Kissimmee) & Disney's Yacht Club Resort
12/2010 ~ Holiday Inn Lake Buena Vista & Villa (Davenport)
11/2009 ~ Disney's Contemporary Resort & Villa (Kissimmee)
11/2008 ~ Villa (Davenport)
11/2007 ~ Villa (Davenport)
11/2006 ~ Villa (Davenport), Miami, Key West & Fort Lauderdale
Chip&Dale is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 17, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Silvercat
Imagineer

Haha! I just went into my confirmation email and was JUST about to copy and paste this! So yes, that's where we read it.

I'm so glad I helped someone make up their mind to do this! We have done the Mama Melrose dining package before, and that was nice, but I really love the idea of having maybe a nice glass of wine or beer, some sweet goodies and cheese, and relaxing with my hubby while he enjoys his favourite Disney show.
Old 22 Aug 17, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Chip&Dale
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Silvercat View Post
Haha! I just went into my confirmation email and was JUST about to copy and paste this! So yes, that's where we read it.

I'm so glad I helped someone make up their mind to do this! We have done the Mama Melrose dining package before, and that was nice, but I really love the idea of having maybe a nice glass of wine or beer, some sweet goodies and cheese, and relaxing with my hubby while he enjoys his favourite Disney show.
To be honest, I wasn't too sure about doing this when we book it and thought it would end up being cancelled. After reading your review from the West Coast, I'm sold!

On a side note... our all time favourite in Disney was the Illuminations Sparkling Dessert Party. I know many people did not rate this and felt money was better spent elsewhere, but for us (2 adults) it was, in our opinion, the most suited dessert party offered for adults.

We were quite gutted when it was announced that it was being replaced with the Frozen Dessert Party and for some reason I cannot bring myself to book the Frozen Dessert Party [even though I love the film and ride].

11/2016 ~ Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter
11/2014 ~ Disney's Coronado Springs Resort, Villa (Kissimmee) & Disney's Yacht Club Resort
12/2010 ~ Holiday Inn Lake Buena Vista & Villa (Davenport)
11/2009 ~ Disney's Contemporary Resort & Villa (Kissimmee)
11/2008 ~ Villa (Davenport)
11/2007 ~ Villa (Davenport)
11/2006 ~ Villa (Davenport), Miami, Key West & Fort Lauderdale
Chip&Dale is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 17, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post
jas72
VIP Dibber

LOL I love the dibb.

I love the way people who have booked this have to come on and defended the over inflated disney prices to those that have been going to disney for nearly a decade and know the real value.
jas72 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 17, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Silvercat
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jas72 View Post
LOL I love the dibb.

I love the way people who have booked this have to come on and defended the over inflated disney prices to those that have been going to disney for nearly a decade and know the real value.
Well, I guess it's horses for courses. I didn't think I was defending anything, just giving my opinion - to us, it is worth the money for the experience it gives us. I know we are over-paying for a few bits of cake, a bit of cheese and crackers and a drink, but it is the experience of taking part in a special event to celebrate my hubby's love of this show that makes it worth while to us. We both work very hard all year for this holiday, and hubby is EXTREMELY tolerant of my Disney obsession, so I love to reward this and say thanks with a special treat for him.

I know some people won't think this is worth the money, but to us - it is. Simple as that.
Old 23 Aug 17, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Barneyblue
Getting Excited

LOL I love the dibb.

Not sure why you said this? As we all make decisions based sometimes on what others say and do and we all have opinions, and not for one second did we think silvercat was trying to defend the vastly over inflated prices as you put it. Tell me something in disney that's not overinflated that we haven't read about someone enjoying. I valued silvercats experience and her taking the time to share that, that's why I'm on this site. I love the way we all help each other out some how. silvercat I hope you and your DH have a wonderful time, based on your experience we are also going to try this new experience out, hopefully we will have a good evening also.

St Petes 1991
AKL Easter 2006
POR Oct 2017
Barneyblue is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 17, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Silvercat
Imagineer

LOL I love the dibb.

Oh, forgot to add - I've been going to WDW since 1989 (this will actually be my 16th visit) so I guess I kind of know the real value of their events by now, and what they are worth to us.

Not sure why you said this? As we all make decisions based sometimes on what others say and do and we all have opinions, and not for one second did we think silvercat was trying to defend the vastly over inflated prices as you put it. Tell me something in disney that's not overinflated that we haven't read about someone enjoying. I valued silvercats experience and her taking the time to share that, that's why I'm on this site. I love the way we all help each other out some how. silvercat I hope you and your DH have a wonderful time, based on your experience we are also going to try this new experience out, hopefully we will have a good evening also.
Thank you for your kind words! I really hope you have a wonderful time at the event. Let me know what you think of POR, we are staying at French Quarter this year but have booked for Riverside next year. We've not stayed at this particular resort (either side) before, so I'm really looking forward to it!
Old 23 Aug 17, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Barneyblue
Getting Excited

Your more than welcome ,and thank you. We nearly booked pofq but went for POR , not sure why thou? Lol. We are also looking forward to it, both resorts look amazing . Will Def let you know how we got on.

St Petes 1991
AKL Easter 2006
POR Oct 2017
Old 23 Aug 17, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Bear
VIP Dibber

I completely agree!
Disney Bear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List