Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 10 Dec 17, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
PrincessLola
Imagineer

We booked ours 8th October for 13th August-27th August 2018 3 adults 1 child direct virgin flights from Manchester on way there then return delta flights to Atlanta and virgin flight Atlanta to Manchester two hour change over with gold level car hire £3174 total. Everyone had said leave it till Xmas sales but happy with price we got. First time doing DIY it’s scary!
PrincessLola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 17, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
lilo82
Imagineer

Mobile

we are going LGW-DUB-CLT-MCO then MCO-LGW 2A and 2c for £2000 all in ... we were very happy with price
lilo82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 17, 07:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Diz
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by lilo82 View Post
we are going LGW-DUB-CLT-MCO then MCO-LGW 2A and 2c for £2000 all in ... we were very happy with price
Who are you flying with please?
Diz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 17, 07:45 AM  
Link to this Post
popdriver
Proud to wear my Ears

We are 2 adults, 3 children flying August 16 to September 2nd, indirect for £1720

Flights from Manchester with BA
popdriver is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 17, 08:01 AM  
Link to this Post
lilo82
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Diz View Post
Who are you flying with please?
We are flying with American airlines we have flown internally with them before and couldn't knock the price soneone on this website posted about the glitch and we got it and just booked Aer lingus flights to Ireland the day before... so when we paid for flights they were in euros too. We have never been able to get that before so we were stupidly happy.
lilo82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 17, 08:18 AM  
Link to this Post
andyhen
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

andyhen's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

We're a family of 6 ( me and grandma, our daughter and her partner and two grandchildren under 10) and are going next august return in Sept.

Because 3 of the group have never flown transatlantic and two are quite young we decided direct was the only way... unless priced out of course.

We started talking about doing this trip at 900 days out and started setting budgets on 2016 and 2017 ghost bookings.

despite The disney onsite stay(tickets and two rooms 14 nights) has already gone up by a thousand pounds from original estimate and universal tickets rising quite a bit we were still hoping to get 6 direct flights for 4grand... ish.

We live in newcastle and awaited thomson flights being released some months back and they wanted 7500. eek! . We watched them every day but have never moved more than a tenner each.

We've looked at flying via london which would involve a trek across London if we got the train or airport hopping if we flew it. We looked at via dublin but that meant crazy wait times on flights to newcastle. Amsterdam, Paris, Copenhagen, Edinburgh and Glasgow have all been searched and searched again.

Manchester was the only realistic direct flights available and being a stubborn old git I refused to use thomas cook after they changed a flight home of ours once We were in resort but forgot to tell us and their holiday rep calling a confused group of stranded travellers a bunch of unreasonable tw#ts. he even started swearing at an old couple when they caught him out lying.

Virgin was the only real choice for us and on release were 4500. we'd need to travel to manchester and fancied stopping in a hotel the night before so this was too high.

It all feels like an obsession doing flight searches every day. I was started to wonder if they'd ever go down when dibbers mentioned black Friday deals but getting up early to check prices was a waste of time.

The saturday after the black Friday I woke early and half awake sat at the computer and open the virgi site to do my daily comparison. wow they had dropped to 3200.

What followed was 15mins quiet as I could, panicking looking for 6 passports while my good lady and our two grandkids slept upstairs only to realise our savings were in an account that i couldn't pay for the flight. a quick transfer of the money and 6 seconds on the clock to spare i then checked i had done it all right...names spelled correctly and the right dates.

5 minutes of waiting for email confirmation and i just sat there staring at the screen thinking no more flight checking. I did check later that morning and they had gone back up to 4500.

I know if i continued to search for the next few months I may have got it better but after 3 months of being obsessed in searching I'm doing dibb rule number one. don't look at flight prices now I've booked.

3200 for direct flights for 6 is good for me and well under what i would have paid so my advice is keep checking. those prices may be too high for some but my advice is keep looking...there is no magic formula to it...my flights dropped for 3 hours only in 3 months.
andyhen is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 17, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
WASTID
Getting Excited

£533 per person for Direct Flights is a good deal.

Also being in the North East I feel your pain when it comes to looking for transatlantic flights with kids.

We are prepared to do connecting flights, but have been searching and searching waiting for the best prices on "good" connections. Ideally, still hoping to get a connection via Dublin and prepared to pay a little more to do so as having experienced the USA Pre-Clearance in Dublin compared to immigration lines in the USA (Miami, Washington etc), it will be a premium worth paying.
WASTID is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 17, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
MinniMouse
VIP Dibber

MinniMouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I've cancelled my flights with VA (code share Delta) due to an impossible time change at JFK (and also being kicked out of comfort plus :angry, so back looking... again
MinniMouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 17, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by andyhen View Post
We're a family of 6 ( me and grandma, our daughter and her partner and two grandchildren under 10) and are going next august return in Sept.

Because 3 of the group have never flown transatlantic and two are quite young we decided direct was the only way... unless priced out of course.

We started talking about doing this trip at 900 days out and started setting budgets on 2016 and 2017 ghost bookings.

despite The disney onsite stay(tickets and two rooms 14 nights) has already gone up by a thousand pounds from original estimate and universal tickets rising quite a bit we were still hoping to get 6 direct flights for 4grand... ish.

We live in newcastle and awaited thomson flights being released some months back and they wanted 7500. eek! . We watched them every day but have never moved more than a tenner each.

We've looked at flying via london which would involve a trek across London if we got the train or airport hopping if we flew it. We looked at via dublin but that meant crazy wait times on flights to newcastle. Amsterdam, Paris, Copenhagen, Edinburgh and Glasgow have all been searched and searched again.

Manchester was the only realistic direct flights available and being a stubborn old git I refused to use thomas cook after they changed a flight home of ours once We were in resort but forgot to tell us and their holiday rep calling a confused group of stranded travellers a bunch of unreasonable tw#ts. he even started swearing at an old couple when they caught him out lying.

Virgin was the only real choice for us and on release were 4500. we'd need to travel to manchester and fancied stopping in a hotel the night before so this was too high.

It all feels like an obsession doing flight searches every day. I was started to wonder if they'd ever go down when dibbers mentioned black Friday deals but getting up early to check prices was a waste of time.

The saturday after the black Friday I woke early and half awake sat at the computer and open the virgi site to do my daily comparison. wow they had dropped to 3200.

What followed was 15mins quiet as I could, panicking looking for 6 passports while my good lady and our two grandkids slept upstairs only to realise our savings were in an account that i couldn't pay for the flight. a quick transfer of the money and 6 seconds on the clock to spare i then checked i had done it all right...names spelled correctly and the right dates.

5 minutes of waiting for email confirmation and i just sat there staring at the screen thinking no more flight checking. I did check later that morning and they had gone back up to 4500.

I know if i continued to search for the next few months I may have got it better but after 3 months of being obsessed in searching I'm doing dibb rule number one. don't look at flight prices now I've booked.

3200 for direct flights for 6 is good for me and well under what i would have paid so my advice is keep checking. those prices may be too high for some but my advice is keep looking...there is no magic formula to it...my flights dropped for 3 hours only in 3 months.
That is a good price. I paid £800 each direct MAN to Orlando, July 21st with Thomas Cook. Since then they have gone up quite a bit. So 550 is very good price. What date you flying out?
Unfortunately I'd have to have very large savings to pursuade my Mrs to go indirect, although we have done so many times in the past without issue, the last time sprinting to the gate in a last second dash to get the flight home has put her off I think. And we had hours between that connection, but flight was delayed due to thunderstorms.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 17, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyTripAgain
I want to go now!

August BA flights to Tampa - good price

Hi all!

I just booked our flights for August! Group of 5 adults, 3 kids, and 1 infant. Very pleased as desperately wanted direct flights so we have booked 10th August - 27th August - BA direct to Tampa from LGW.

Approx £649 per adult, £570 for teens, £494 for the child, and £102 for the infant.

Lots of dates going out mid August, but only 27th August was cheap for the return. Suited us perfectly so just got on and booked it.

Hope this helps some of you who are looking too!

Edited at 09:58 AM.
DisneyTripAgain is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread