Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 13 Nov 17, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post
LovesDisney12
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile 3 weeks during summer holidays - which weeks?

Hi

I’m looking for some opinions please...we want to go for 3 weeks and are tied to school holidays. We can go from the very end of June and need to return by 12th August.

Is the summer in general very hot, busy & expensive or are some weeks better than others? Are tour group common during the summer? It’s been a long time since we’ve been during the summer and I’ve read that it’s not as busy as it once was.

We’ve usually go in October and have seen the increase in crowds during this time. Non party nights in MK are not fun for us so wouldn’t want to be there when it was as busy at that at all the parks. I presume costs in general will be more during the summer v October? We’d be staying onsite.

Thanks in advance for any comments.
LovesDisney12 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 17, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

We go the last 2 weeks of August and always find it busier nearer the middle of August.
July and the first half of August are busy as its peak. The week if the 4th July is insane.

You want to go for 3 weeks in a 6 week period, and honestly I think all weeks will be the same. Go with what you can find the cheapest for flights
Aug 2017 - RPR & AKL, Oct 2019 - HRH & BC
Oct 2022 - RPR, Poly & AKL
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 17, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Robsie71
Apprentice Imagineer

I would go very end of June as the flights should be cheaper as not everyone broken up then but you will hit the 4th July week which will be busy.
Robsie71 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 17, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Robsie71 View Post
I would go very end of June as the flights should be cheaper as not everyone broken up then but you will hit the 4th July week which will be busy.
However all the US schools break up in June so whilst flights may not be busy the parks will be ! 4th of July weekend is rammed too so later the better really.

Edited at 01:56 PM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 17, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
LovesDisney12
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Thanks everyone for your input. Does anyone know, in general, when American schools return? I know there are differences for different areas but wondering in general. Thanks.
LovesDisney12 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 17, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaNuts93
Imagineer

American schools go back around the 7th ish of August. We would go end of June rather than mid August.

SEE OUR VILLA AT:www.ospreyhouseorlando.com. Luxury five bed/four bath villa with extra large (40 ft) pool overlooking conservation area. Also includes games room.

License number: DWE 4514584
FloridaNuts93 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 17, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by FloridaNuts93 View Post
American schools go back around the 7th ish of August. We would go end of June rather than mid August.
It varies widely , my friends kids in the mid west finish in June and go back the day after Labor Day (first Monday in September)
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 17, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

Usually around mid august. There is a huge change in the parks between the 2nd and 3rd week. It almost goes from peak season to low season over the middle weekend of August.

Originally Posted by LovesDisney12 View Post
Thanks everyone for your input. Does anyone know, in general, when American schools return? I know there are differences for different areas but wondering in general. Thanks.
Aug 2017 - RPR & AKL, Oct 2019 - HRH & BC
Oct 2022 - RPR, Poly & AKL
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 17, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Elmhurst 5
Apprentice Imagineer

We also can only go in the school holidays and are Hampshire based.
Our third visit this year and we went for 17 nights leaving on the 10th August. The parks were of course busy, but we didn't think overly busy and ie: plenty of space when walking about. Obviously certain restaurants need advance booking otherwise no chance of a table. We tended to have light lunches/snax plus usual stops for coffee/doll whips etc. Made good use of our fast passes, and also made fast passes with the automated park machines. Water parks were quite busy, but we had no problem in finding shady areas and beds. Queues for water rides were also not too bad.
Our return was 27th August. We prefer to take the last 2 weeks or so of August for any summer holiday, especially a Disney one.
Elmhurst 5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List