Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 30 Dec 17, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
pegasus928
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Brits is 2 drivers as standard as is VA/VH

Brit's Guide Reader rates include:

Unlimited mileage
Collision Damage Waiver
Liability Protection (LP) ($1 million liability coverage)
State/local taxes
State/local surcharges
Airport fees
10% Discount
Free additional driver
Thanks for this. I have obviously missed it somewhere along the line so will need to do my quotes again.
Edit: I know what’s happened. I did the quote from work and as we are an American company we use a sever based in the US - so it wasn’t showing me the UK offers. Now I have checked at home it looks totally different (I had the same issue when trying to buy UK park tickets the other day)

Edited at 06:07 PM.
pegasus928 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 17, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

After a tip off on here, I booked a full size SUV with Virgin for 8 nights for £270 which seemed like a good price, this is end of July and it was cheaper than Alamo Brits which I also checked.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 17, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Hooray4Disney
Imagineer

Hooray4Disney's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Hi. Not sure where you are looking but for a Tahoe size with Virgin Atlantic stand alone Alamo hire I am getting a price of £659.42 for your dates.

Go onto the VA webiste, click on 'Book'. That opens up flights or hotels or car hire. Click car hire and go from there.
However for the airport dont put MCO but put in Orlando. Then Orlando airport is in the drop down menu.
Just wanted to say thank you for your post on another thread. I booked two car hires yesterday with Virgin and they were both £140 cheaper for our West Coast holiday next year. One from Las Vegas and the other from San Francisco.

I followed through the list you gave. The other hire from Salt Lake City I used USRentacar - again £100 cheaper than say Avis.

You saved us quite a fortune and we are very grateful.
2002 - Hampton Lakes, WDW. 2003 - Westridge Villas, WDW. 2005, 2008, 2011 Formosa Blvd, WDW. 2010, 2013 Hotel Cheyenne, DLP. 2014 OKW/Westridge, WDW. 2015 - NYC, DCA & Rotonda West. 2016 - Hotel Kyriad, DLP. 2016 - Toronto 2017 - OKW, Bahama Bay & The Keys 2018 - Vegas, Yellowstone, San Francisco, L.A. 2018 DLP - Hotel B&B 2019 - Lake Berkeley, WDW. 2022 - Seattle/Hawaii
Hooray4Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 17, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Peko
Imagineer

Also recently booked a standalone car hire with Virgin, having read a post by Mr Tom Morrow in another thread. Grateful, as although I know to shop around every time with car hire since prices can vary so much, I hadn't thought to search Virgin for standalone car hire.

Would have preferred to book with DFCH to support Andy and the great service he gives, but the price difference was incredible, the Virgin prices with Alamo smashed everyone else out of sight for a full size SUV over our dates, including Alamo Brits. Of course, on another day it could be the other way round.
Peko is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 17, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by Peko View Post
Also recently booked a standalone car hire with Virgin, having read a post by Mr Tom Morrow in another thread. Grateful, as although I know to shop around every time with car hire since prices can vary so much, I hadn't thought to search Virgin for standalone car hire.

Would have preferred to book with DFCH to support Andy and the great service he gives, but the price difference was incredible, the Virgin prices with Alamo smashed everyone else out of sight for a full size SUV over our dates, including Alamo Brits. Of course, on another day it could be the other way round.
As you say another day the prices will be favouring Andy. Bear in mind Virgin have enormous renting power hence they don't suffer so much with seasonal variations.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 17, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Hollandspies
Getting to know the DIBB

I can also vouch for Alamo with Virgin being the cheapest.

I paid £652 for 21 days for a standard SUV out of Miami commencing late July 18.

The booking can also be cancelled free of charge if I can find a cheaper price in the meantime.
Hollandspies is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 17, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
milesyboy1
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Hi. Not sure where you are looking but for a Tahoe size with Virgin Atlantic stand alone Alamo hire I am getting a price of £659.42 for your dates.

Go onto the VA webiste, click on 'Book'. That opens up flights or hotels or car hire. Click car hire and go from there.
However for the airport dont put MCO but put in Orlando. Then Orlando airport is in the drop down menu.
Thanks Mr Tom Morrow. I was using my phone and the option to book a car was not visible, which got me baffled. Just been on the laptop and found it straight away. Brilliant stuff. Really appreciate the help.
milesyboy1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 17, 11:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Busby
Excited about Disney

I’ve booked our 7 seater for Aug 15-30. No one came close to virgin for our dates. Seems that the 15 th is last day of Alamo’s peak season hence the high prices.
Busby is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 17, 11:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridarules
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Has anyone managed to book for more then 21days?
I need 22 days and website is saying no availability but reduce to 21 and all is ok😫
Marriott Motel, IDrive 1991, Davenport 2009, Windsor Palms 2010, 2012, Windsor Palms/RPR 2014, Windsor Palms, RPR, HRH 2016, Anna Maria, RPR, HRH & Windsor Palms 2018, Miami, Orlando, Anna Maria & Naples 2019. Orlando/HRH Easter 2022 & Miami/Orlando/RPR/Anna Maria/Naples 2022, Orlando 2023, Exploring Tampa 2024, Family relaxation at Anna Maria 2024
Floridarules is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 17, 11:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

I booked for 10 days after the 16th as well, we will use the Disney transport for the first four days, also left off the last week as we are staying up at Universal so with the car hire plus their garage fee of $22 per day, I think it will work out better value to get in a cab ad and when it was approx £398 for Alamo gold 7 seater passenger van for 10 days but over £1200 for 21 days