Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 6 Jan 18, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by toonarmani View Post
Although I would agree the Brits book discount can be used without issue, I'm not sure I would agree with them not caring what discount is used as a general rule, otherwise everyone could use the Trade discount URL which is supposed to be for travel industry staff & cabin crew only and gives 30% discount on prices.

Not sure if I would dare risk it
I wouldn't risk that one either.

However I hold a WDW Annual Pass and that gets me discount but on the US website for Alamo so I have to factor in Insurance then. I have done it and again they never check.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 18, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
PrincessMummy27
Helping Mickey

Hi Mr Tom Morrow!
I'm a WDW AP holder, how do I do the discount online? Have you found this to be the cheapest car hire for you?
Thanks
Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
I wouldn't risk that one either.

However I hold a WDW Annual Pass and that gets me discount but on the US website for Alamo so I have to factor in Insurance then. I have done it and again they never check.
PrincessMummy27 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 18, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by PrincessMummy27 View Post
Hi Mr Tom Morrow!
I'm a WDW AP holder, how do I do the discount online? Have you found this to be the cheapest car hire for you?
Thanks
Hi. You have to go into Alamo on the US website, so no Insurance. Price up the car you want then add the AP code. Sometimes it can be ok but 90% of the time it's hopeless!
The price will be in $

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 18, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
amf
Apprentice Imagineer

Although I would agree the Brits book discount can be used without issue, I'm not sure I would agree with them not caring what discount is used as a general rule, otherwise everyone could use the Trade discount URL which is supposed to be for travel industry staff & cabin crew only and gives 30% discount on prices.

Not sure if I would dare risk it
I've just got quotes online for a standard SUV for just under 3 weeks November/December and the difference between the BA employees/former employees rate and Alamo Brits is less than £24. Factor in the free extra driver with Brits and that looks like the better deal, all considered.
amf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 18, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
PrincessMummy27
Helping Mickey

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Hi. You have to go into Alamo on the US website, so no Insurance. Price up the car you want then add the AP code. Sometimes it can be ok but 90% of the time it's hopeless!
The price will be in $
Thank you, it's coming up more than direct with Virgin - Alamo :-(
PrincessMummy27 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 18, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Originally Posted by amf View Post
I've just got quotes online for a standard SUV for just under 3 weeks November/December and the difference between the BA employees/former employees rate and Alamo Brits is less than £24. Factor in the free extra driver with Brits and that looks like the better deal, all considered.
The discounts are always "up to" and are affected more by the dates/timeframe e.g. for our dates in July/August, Standard SUV via Alamo Brits gives £805 whereas Alamo Staff/Trade gives £665, but these are both still high considering Alamo via Virgin is only £520 and also has the extra driver.
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 18, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post
amf
Apprentice Imagineer

The discounts are always "up to" and are affected more by the dates/timeframe e.g. for our dates in July/August, Standard SUV via Alamo Brits gives £805 whereas Alamo Staff/Trade gives £665, but these are both still high considering Alamo via Virgin is only £520 and also has the extra driver.
Have you tried Auto Europe? For our dates they along with DFCH are coming in a wee bit cheaper than Alamo Brits.
amf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 18, 07:50 AM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Mobile

Originally Posted by amf View Post
Have you tried Auto Europe? For our dates they along with DFCH are coming in a wee bit cheaper than Alamo Brits.
Yeah all were close to £1000 when I booked. They've slowly started to fall but still way off Virgin prices.
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 18, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Chaz2210
Serious Dibber

Have a look at uscarhire.com, they have a 2 driver package with alamo (silver inclusive) and prices seem to be better than most places at the moment, might be worth a try

DLP Newport Bay Hotel Nov 2012, Florida Terra Verde April 2014, DLP Christmas 2015 Explorers Hotel, DLP Kyriad Aug 2016, DLP Hotel Cheyenne Birthday Trip Oct 2016, Florida Regal Palms May 2018, Xmas 2020 DLP - postponed to April 2021- postponed to Oct 2021, West Coast 40th Birthday Trip August 2021- postponed to August 2022, DLP Christmas 2023 Cheyenne
Chaz2210 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List