Old 17 Mar 18, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Sneaky wee Disney week.

So we weren’t going this year. Definitely not going. Absolutely not. I wasn’t even allowed to discuss it.
Of course circumstances change and thanks to being in a better financial position than we thought we can now go for a just a week in September.

So for anyone who doesn’t know, the party consists of me, Lisa, chief planner and my sister, Marie, chief go along with-er. I do all the planning and organising while Marie pretty much ignores me until I do something wrong.

We can only go a week due to annual leave constraints and as we prefer September it will be the last week as it’s the only one we can get AL together.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 18, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Leia77
VIP Dibber

Leia77's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I think a sneaky week would almost feel better than a planned one! As always, looking forward to the report
Leia77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 18, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Accommodation

We like Disney onsite but did look at other possibilities. A few weeks ago I saw a deal with Travel Republic for just under £900 for both of us at the Clarion LBV including BA flights but we hadn’t decided if we were definitely going at that point so lost out on those.

So back to Disney and the free nights offer. We usually do free dining but in order to make this a bit more budget we were happy with free nights and paying for food. Initially we planned All Star Music as the cheapest option (£464 for a week) but I just couldn’t get excited about it. We’ve stayed at Pop before and while it was fine I’d prefer a moderate or above.
So I kept looking and saw that the only other hotels with 2 free nights rather than 1 were CBR and AKL. AKL only had savannah view until one day I checked and they had standard available. With a price difference of £700 more than ASMu you can imagine Marie wasn’t on board so we compromised on CBR at £300 more. We’ve stayed there before and really like it. We hope the building work won’t be a major issue as we’re not bothered about the main pool or the food court. With not having DDP we won’t spend a lot of time eating at the resort anyway. Last time we were in Jamaica and looking at the map and building works I’m hoping we can request there again and be out of the way.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 18, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by Leia77 View Post
I think a sneaky week would almost feel better than a planned one! As always, looking forward to the report
Thanks! Yes it’s exciting since we had been planning for next year. This will be a bit different to our usual too so I’m excited about that side of the planning.

Trip Report Index
Old 17 Mar 18, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

Exciting well done you! A week is better than not going at all.
Old 17 Mar 18, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Flights

Flights are TBD at the moment. I had found a great price on Aer Lingus which was attractive given the pre clearance at Dublin however we missed out on those. The only direct flights from Scotland on a Saturday (has to be Saturday) are VA at £818 at the moment .
BA have an attractive price on a flight + car that I’m keeping an eye on but I suspect that’s what we’ll go for. Especially as we can pay a deposit. So my countdown reflects a BA 6.40am flight from Edinburgh to Gatwick.

Trip Report Index
Old 17 Mar 18, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by disneypars View Post
Exciting well done you! A week is better than not going at all.
At one point we were discussing accommodation and I said I couldn’t get excited about ASMu and Marie said “can you get excited about not going at all?”. So yes, a week is better than being here for a week!

Trip Report Index
Old 17 Mar 18, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

Such a great feeling , woohoo 🎉 xxx
Old 17 Mar 18, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Theme parks

With only a week we’re only doing Disney. It saves money and having been for a week before we know it’ll be more relaxed than if we try an squeeze in Universal. Neither of us are particularly bothered about Universal after our trip last year and happy to wait another year.
If we get the right flight times we should have 7 full days so should get 2 days at each park (1 at Epcot as our least favourite). We will also do some park hopping and do evenings in a different park. I see this as being quite full on for a week with early starts, maybe an hour so pool time and back out for a dinner in the parks.

Looking forward to planning it!

Trip Report Index
Old 17 Mar 18, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Food!

With no dining plan we will inevitably be careful with money when it comes to food. We have a Landry card each which will have the birthday reward so will likely eat at Yak & Yeti twice. We’ll have the $100 gift card too. We’ll buy stuff for breakfast in the room so will likely eat only lunch and dinner out and will hire a car so can go offsite. I’ll need to scour some of the budget dining reports for some tips!

Trip Report Index