Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 27 Aug 18, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
jdmd2004
Excited about Disney

Talking Dining Plan Confused!

Hey guys, so we have booked to stay on site next year for the first time and its the first time using the dining plan woohoo! but im becoming confused on a few things... and i know you guys will help put it right so here it goes..

When you order a counter service meal, do you tell the cast member you are using the dining plan?

Is it clear whats included on the counter service meals for a QS Credit?

When using table service, do you tell server you are using the dining plan before ordering?

How do you pay for it? So if its TS do you tell them at the end of your meal can i pay with dining plan?

I hear a lot of people swapping out credits for other things, how easy and appropriate is it to do this? ( 3 snacks are a QS Etc)

any help or tips would be fab thank you ?
jdmd2004 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 18, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Scuttler01
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by jdmd2004 View Post
Hey guys, so we have booked to stay on site next year for the first time and its the first time using the dining plan woohoo! but im becoming confused on a few things... and i know you guys will help put it right so here it goes..

When you order a counter service meal, do you tell the cast member you are using the dining plan?
Yes

Is it clear whats included on the counter service meals for a QS Credit?
Yes

When using table service, do you tell server you are using the dining plan before ordering?
Yes

How do you pay for it? So if its TS do you tell them at the end of your meal can i pay with dining plan?

At start tell them, scan band. Receipt will show you what you have left. Tips can be added by writing amount in on receipt- there’s usually suggested amount, I round it to the nearest dollar and have it charged to room. I then pay off every few days..

I hear a lot of people swapping out credits for other things, how easy and appropriate is it to do this? ( 3 snacks are a QS Etc)

Easy way is to ask in shop at hotel/Disney Springs- we always had loads left and swapped for sweets as gifts.

any help or tips would be fab thank you ?
It’s super easy. Cast members will help, if your unsure, just ask!
Scuttler01 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 18, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Scuttler01
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

My answers in your text... HTH
Scuttler01 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 18, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
staryeyedbird
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Ts meals they normally ask as they give you the menu and scan your band to check which plan your on before explaining what’s included it is very easy to use and there is always someone about to ask
staryeyedbird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 18, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
jdmd2004
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Guys thank you so much for all your help I feel better 😊
jdmd2004 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 18, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Don't worry, it's very easy and once you've been there a couple of days it will become second nature.

At QS meals I just order and then say I'd like to pay with X number of quick service credits, or if I'm buying snacks I just say I want to use snack credits. You'll then hold your magic band to the reader (Mickey head and o Mickey head), wait for it to go green and enter your pin to pay:

At TS meals the servers usually ask if you're on the dining plan before you order and take a swipe of your magic band. If they don't, then just mention that you're on the dining plan.
(That's not me btw, just an image from Google)

There are very few exclusions on menus - I've personally only come across one in 5 trips and that was the double bacon cheeseburger at Restaurantasuarus in Animal Kingdom, but the CM just let me know. Basically though it's any main/entrée on the menu including any sides that are listed within the entrée description, plus a drink. For a TS meal, you also get a dessert.

If you're unsure about what you get for your credits, or what items are allowed, then just ask the CMs and they'll explain and advise. Honestly though, it's very easy once you get in to the swing of it. Even our children know what they're doing to get their own meals, drinks and snacks

Another way to get a feel for it is to read food reports. I wrote a QSDP one during our trip last year which has photos of everything we ate plus how we used our credits. The link is in blue at the bottom of my signature

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 18, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
jdmd2004
Excited about Disney

this is so informative thank you so much! i feel better

random... what was the pin number for ? lol
Old 27 Aug 18, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by jdmd2004 View Post
this is so informative thank you so much! i feel better

random... what was the pin number for ? lol
You'll set a pin for every magic band, either beforehand on MDE, or when you get there. We find that year of birth works as something easy to remember, especially for our children. When you charge to your room or use dining credits, you'll need to input the pin after tapping the Mickey heads together. It's a security measure so that if you lose your band, people can't just run up huge room bills and use your dining credits

loves2plan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 18, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
joolsleeds
Apprentice Imagineer

joolsleeds's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Hi, we're considering swapping the QS credits for snacks, so we can graze around the Epcot food festival.

My question is... when you split your QS in to 3 snacks - do all 3 snacks have to be taken at once, or can some be added to your balance?

Thanks!
joolsleeds is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 18, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by joolsleeds View Post
Hi, we're considering swapping the QS credits for snacks, so we can graze around the Epcot food festival.

My question is... when you split your QS in to 3 snacks - do all 3 snacks have to be taken at once, or can some be added to your balance?

Thanks!
They all have to be used in 1 transaction, at the same place, at the time you want to exchange. They can't be changed in advance, and can't be added to your dining credit balance. So, if there were 3 things that you fancy trying at one of the booths, then you can use a qs credit, but if there were only 1 or 2 things you wanted to try, then you'd use snack credits