Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 3 Sep 18, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile Kids meal sizes

Mine will be 3&4 when we go in a year

Currently when we go out to a pub in uk we find that majority of the time we buy one kids meal and ask for an extra plate as the times I’ve bought two they end up leaving loads.

Always feel like I’m being a bit cheap or conning the system a bit but would hate to waste the food and the money.

How big has everyone found the kids meals out there?

I know over here some places have separated the kids meals into little meals and large meals as kids goes up to 12 usually.

Do you think this will be frowned apon?

Any experiences with this would be awesome
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 18, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

They are large, I often had a kids meal instead of an adults, its fine to share
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 18, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
deb286
a Friend of the DIBB

Mobile

The childrens meals will be plenty big enough to split one meal between a 3 and 4 year old. We did this alot on our last vist - its quite common to do it.
deb286 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 18, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Firstxmastrip
Imagineer

Firstxmastrip's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
We always do this, at home and in florida, never had an issue. Our kids are the same, seem to eat less in restaurants for some reason? One exception was Olive garden, 3 of them demolished the 2 meals wed ordered so we just ordered some extra sides of fries and that was fine.
Firstxmastrip is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 18, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicki G
Imagineer

Nicki G's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Just back and my two (4 & 6) struggled with size of meals - so big they were over faced. If they’d eat the same I’d have ordered one meal between them

Nicki
Nicki G is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 18, 01:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Ridersmom
Imagineer

My grandchildren, aged 2 and 4, are always ordered one meal to share and it is not unusual for my son to finish it.

For them it doesn't matter what they would want and if they want different things, like at home (and in my home years ago) they eat what they are served. And if you find that one meal wasn't enough food, they can always share a dessert.
Ridersmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 18, 02:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Yes I eat a kids meal in loads of places that offer kids size or often starter portions off the main menu in Florida
In March our 2year old grandson caused no end of amusement in several resturants as he ate steak, prawns ,lobster ,salmon pulled pork
He hates chicken nuggets /tenders hot dogs etc but can scoff a whole portion of adult Mac and Cheese in the likes of Cracker Barrel
We found when we explained he wants this oh well he can share with an adult or we can do a starter portion
He ate a whole lobster tail in Red Lobster I ended up with the shrimp and half the green beans he ate the rest
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 18, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
VodkaBacardi
Earning My Ears

Must depend on the place, when I went in May my son (7) ended up having some of ours as the kids portions just weren't big enough for him.

Guess it depends on how much your kids eat though, mine can put his food away despite having a 4 pack coming on the lean little so and so...
VodkaBacardi is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List