Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 27 Sep 18, 07:49 AM  
Link to this Post
mushumadness
VIP Dibber

mushumadness's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile

As to the expo I had to show photo I’d to collect bib and merchandise I’d pre ordered
I e still to go collect pre ordered merchandise this time even tho I can’t run as I’ve already paid for it
mushumadness is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 18, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Mobile

Originally Posted by nannamoon72 View Post
My husband is doing the Star Wars half on the Sunday. Sorry you need photo ID at the Expo to pick up your number (or else we could have got it for you). It’s not one of those races you would race round and get a PB. There’s characters and photo ops all around the route so people stop and make the most of it. Plus the starts are staggered so depending what pen they put you in you might be struggling to make that Chef Mickey reservation. You have to submit proof you can run that distance in a good time (ie provide evidence of another event you’ve ran that time before) to get near the front. Otherwise you are in the back.
Thank you... wouldn’t be looking for PB or anything... just think it would be an amazing experience.

I have emailed Disney to see if anything can be done but not expecting much.

I was planning on doing a half in Cheshire early Dec to get a proof of time.

Not booked any ADR yet as can’t till early October.so could always push this plan back if need be.

How long does it take for the back to get over the start line? Is it 10-15-20 mins or more like an hour?
Old 27 Sep 18, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
nannamoon72
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by miked1e View Post
Thank you... wouldn’t be looking for PB or anything... just think it would be an amazing experience.

I have emailed Disney to see if anything can be done but not expecting much.

I was planning on doing a half in Cheshire early Dec to get a proof of time.

Not booked any ADR yet as can’t till early October.so could always push this plan back if need be.

How long does it take for the back to get over the start line? Is it 10-15-20 mins or more like an hour?
I’d probably give yourself an hour to get over it’s extremely busy. There’s lots of videos from previous years on YouTube to give you an idea of scale.
nannamoon72 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 18, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Mobile

I’d probably give yourself an hour to get over it’s extremely busy. There’s lots of videos from previous years on YouTube to give you an idea of scale.
Can’t watch the videos... just seen the first one and makes me want to do it even more...

However, not going to be able to do it as can’t get the expo.
Old 27 Sep 18, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
nannamoon72
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Can’t watch the videos... just seen the first one and makes me want to do it even more...

However, not going to be able to do it as can’t get the expo.
Aww ☹️ - take it the Mouse said “no”?
nannamoon72 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 18, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Mobile

Aww ☹️ - take it the Mouse said “no”?
Not yet... auto response suggesting be in contact within 5 days.

Hoping they may do something, but everything I read on internet suggests they will say no.

We will see.

So if I allow 3 hours to finish by 0830hrs. Can get back to BLT , showered changed and down at CM for 1000hrs. So putting our plans back by 3 hours...
Old 27 Sep 18, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Mobile

Soooooo... the mouse called.

Always nice seeing it come up on your phone a call from Lake Buena Vista FL.

Anyway, they have said that I can pick up the bib around 2 hours before race start.

Only thing I will have to do is write to Disney asking if they can send the shirt after subject to availability of course.

Confirmed that the race chip is in the bib.

Am I missing anything or is this the green light to do it?

If I factor in 3 hours to start, complete the course and have fun around it... does this seem reasonable? So finish at 0830hrs...

Presume we can get on the monorail from Epcot at this time back to TTC and then monorail back to BLT?

What is the entertainment at Epcot for the family?
Old 27 Sep 18, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
nannamoon72
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Soooooo... the mouse called.

Always nice seeing it come up on your phone a call from Lake Buena Vista FL.

Anyway, they have said that I can pick up the bib around 2 hours before race start.

Only thing I will have to do is write to Disney asking if they can send the shirt after subject to availability of course.

Confirmed that the race chip is in the bib.

Am I missing anything or is this the green light to do it?

If I factor in 3 hours to start, complete the course and have fun around it... does this seem reasonable? So finish at 0830hrs...

Presume we can get on the monorail from Epcot at this time back to TTC and then monorail back to BLT?

What is the entertainment at Epcot for the family?
That’s good you can pick it up before - just remember that means getting there about 2.30-3am so it will be a loooooong day!
Old 27 Sep 18, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Mobile

That’s good you can pick it up before - just remember that means getting there about 2.30-3am so it will be a loooooong day!
We are staying the night before in BLT so not far to travel to get to the start / pick-up.

Plus will be our first full day so should be on UK time still then.

Would you recommend doing this race? Likely going to be my only chance.
Old 27 Sep 18, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
nannamoon72
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

It is very expensive to enter - but if you treat it as an “experience” rather than just a race, dont expect a PB and make full use of all the photo ops then it’s definitely a good one to do.