Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 13 Oct 18, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile Landry card-remind me how it works

I am so forgetful it’s unbelievable

I’m about to order the Landry card as have some money to get some stuff done

My birthday is 4days into the holiday and we are planning to go to rainforest cafe and T. rex.

I would get $25 for joining added to the card (have to pay $25 to get the card tho?)
I would then get the $25 for my birthday month

Can’t use them at same time tho so planning on going a week apart to these two restaurants

Is this right?
Can anyone explain to me how it works on the bill is the $25 taken off before or after the tax and where does the tip come into it?

Hoping I can load the correct amount onto a fairFX card and use that then least I’ve already sorted out the most expensive restaurants and I’ll know where to use this fairFX card
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 18, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Anyone
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 18, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Yes that’s right. The $25 is taken off the total. I don’t think it matters if it’s after tax or not, does it? The tip is on the amount you are charged, not the amount it would have been before the reward is removed.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 18, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Landry card is basically a loyalty card - yes, you pay $25. That $25 is credited when you pay for your first meal. As you say, you can no longer claim birthday and sign up bonuses at the same time.

The main Landry membership benefit is that you get the first available table for your party of up to 6 people. Often meaning you walk up and walk in with little or no wait.

Don't know about before/after tax? Tipping - we still tipped based on the full value of the meal, but others might choose differently.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 18, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
°o°-Hannah-°o°
Imagineer

°o°-Hannah-°o°'s Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Mobile

Can’t answer fully but the discount you have available is taken off automatically unless you ask them not to.

We tip based on the total we pay. Not sure if that is correct or not

Remember that you earn a point for every dollar you spend. Spend $250 and you earn £25
Old 17 Nov 18, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
pammiep
slightly serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 6
Do you have to have an actual card or can you use and app to collect points etc. I forgot to order mine and we go on Monday.
pammiep is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 18, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
pudu
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by pammiep View Post
Do you have to have an actual card or can you use and app to collect points etc. I forgot to order mine and we go on Monday.
You can use the app
pudu is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List