Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 11 Nov 18, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Orlando 2004 View Post
Thanks. Would think the 22nd December would be quite popular especially with the new Toy Story rides. Will just be disappointing if we pay loads then find there's big queues but I suppose if that happened we'd complain.
Why would you complain? No-one would be forcing you to do it - you pay your money by choice, you take your chance.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 18, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

Originally Posted by Andybear View Post
Why would you complain? No-one would be forcing you to do it - you pay your money by choice, you take your chance.
I wouldn't intentionally complain and hopefully won't need to if we do go but it's sold as little to no wait for the rides so if we found this wasn't the case we wouldn't be receiving the experience we'd been sold. I fully accept queues are what they are during normal hours but this is an exclusive extra with a high price on top of our normal tickets.
Old 11 Nov 18, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
dizzzy
Very Serious Dibber

dizzzy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
If these events are anything like the Magic Kingdom after hours then I'll be really pleased. We did the after hours in July and loved it, it was perfect for our family .
dizzzy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 18, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Orlando 2004 View Post
Thanks. Would think the 22nd December would be quite popular especially with the new Toy Story rides. Will just be disappointing if we pay loads then find there's big queues but I suppose if that happened we'd complain.
I think it’s inevitable that HS with 5000 people would have longer queues than MK with 5000 people as there are less rides (only 5 that are worth paying extra £ for).
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 18, 11:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Conno
Very Serious Dibber

I imagine there will be less tickets for sale for DAH at DHS compared to MK. If not, it won't be worth it unless they plan to keep some of the shows running too.
Conno is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 18, 08:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by kirkdalewdw View Post
we could when we did MK AH 2 years ago, then we were allowed in at 3pm, I believe this has now changed and it is reported you can gain access from 6pm
7pm. That’s what the link says
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 18, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

Ordered tickets and asked for an e-mail voucher, all done and dusted. Will we be able to take it to Guest Services in Disney Springs to exchange the voucher the day before for the tickets?
Old 12 Nov 18, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by macadoo View Post
I think it’s inevitable that HS with 5000 people would have longer queues than MK with 5000 people as there are less rides (only 5 that are worth paying extra £ for).
At the Early Morning Magic event at MK (the morning version of the After Hours event), they only open 3 rides - Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Peter Pan, and Winnie the Pooh (I think). There are a few thousand tickets available for this event too. Even though there were only 3 rides open and tickets for thousands of people, the queues are apparently pretty short.

Therefore, if this is anything to go by, then I'd expect the queues at HS and AK during the After Hours Event to be pretty short too.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 18, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
kirkdalewdw
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
7pm. That’s what the link says
yes officially it is 7pm, but other people are being let in at 6pm as they are set up to accept you. When we last did it, we got in at 3pm and had fast passes booked
kirkdalewdw is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 18, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
At the Early Morning Magic event at MK (the morning version of the After Hours event), they only open 3 rides - Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Peter Pan, and Winnie the Pooh (I think). There are a few thousand tickets available for this event too. Even though there were only 3 rides open and tickets for thousands of people, the queues are apparently pretty short.

Therefore, if this is anything to go by, then I'd expect the queues at HS and AK during the After Hours Event to be pretty short too.
Suppose it depends on whether they sold all the tickets. I wouldn’t think the early morning hours are as popular as the night ones (that’s a guess).
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List